Adidas NMD thread

holy **** i underestimated the maturity level in this thread.

s/

Last edited:

over estimated?
corrected 
laugh.gif

I don't understand the wearing of fake anything unless you just like the way it looks and you don't have enough money to buy the real thing.  In that case I would buy the real thing of what I could afford.  The worst people are the people that buy fake and try to pass it off as real, they to me are unscrupulous jerks
it's not just that, they are wearing fakes to be seen wearing something they want to be seen in. they aren't wearing it because they like it at that point. if they really liked it they would save for it and buy it legit. or wait for the next one and try to cop. 

Fakes are theft of intellectual property, supporting that in anyway is complete *********.
i'm not supporting it. "nothing wrong with wearing fakes" is not the same as "i support people wearing fakes." like i said before, IDGAF if people wear fakes. it doesn't affect my own sneaker collecting hobby. i see someone wearing fakes out in public? i move on and go on about my own business. some people in here are OFFENDED that people wear fakes. that's the funny part 
laugh.gif

you guys are just putting words into my mouth and pushing your own thoughts and agenda. my words are just going over your heads.

Saying there's nothing wrong with something is the same thing as supporting it.

well if it sounded like that, then i made a mistake of phrasing it that way.

Yeah I get the concept, "you shouldn't care what someone else has on their feet", which is totally true. Just tough to balance that w/ knowing someone is wearing fakes.

My issue w/ fakes is mainly the idea that someone took someone else's creativity/ingenuity and jacked it, same thing happens in the art world all the time except in the art world it's usually the people stealing who end up getting all the credit.

Yeah I get the concept, "you shouldn't care what someone else has on their feet", which is totally true. Just tough to balance that w/ knowing someone is wearing fakes.

My issue w/ fakes is mainly the idea that someone took someone else's creativity/ingenuity and jacked it, same thing happens in the art world all the time except in the art world it's usually the people stealing who end up getting all the credit.
Exactly!  And as an artist this pisses me off!

There's a huge backlash against Forever21 and Zara(fast fashion outlets in general) for all the designs they have stolen. Forever 21 even ripped off the Complex Editor Emily Oberg's designs from Sporty and Rich

I'm sure most of us (hopefully) aren't going around calling people out for fakes in the middle of the street. But you best believe if you go to a sneaker convention or are posting on a forum like this one that **** doesn't fly. It's like saying bomb on an airplane. Or taking a piece of **** car to show off at a car show. It's a slap in the face to all the enthusiast there.

The sad thing about fakes is that sometimes people don't even know they buy reps and pay resell, then when they realize they have fakes they start to go all defensive saying they are real and stuff. Just like saying they bought their Moonrocks online and they came with a FTL reciept.

You can't really tell if people have bought it accidentally or on purpose. Even if I do see they are fake, I'm not going to shout in public "THEY'RE FAKE". 

Do you support Yeezy resellers?
That's completely unrelated.....but I really don't understand all of the negativity at people that do sell for the market price. It's on Adidas for not making enough, the websites for not being able to handle the traffic and the bots, the stores for backdooring pairs. I don't even blame the stores if they're taking care of their loyal customers rather than letting people that only show up for limited releases buy them (usually with the intent of making a quick buck too). If you get lucky and get 2 pairs, and only want to keep 1- are you going to just oop it to a stranger for retail plus shipping or would you sell at a fair market price? This market created itself since there's a lot more demand than the actual supply. If you're going to the trouble to learn the system and get yourself a pair, it makes sense that many people would try for extras and come out ahead. People do things with self-interest in mind, the only people that consistently complain about the resellers are the people that don't spend the time to learn or network and its easier to sit back and complain then put in the work to get a pair for yourself.

There's a huge backlash against Forever21 and Zara(fast fashion outlets in general) for all the designs they have stolen. Forever 21 even ripped off the Complex Editor Emily Oberg's designs from Sporty and Rich
IDK why but im so annoyed of this lady lol

WHy fakes suck...

1. Crap Quality

2. They steal profits from the ones that created the design/shoe

3. innocent folks just looking to cop a dope sneaker get ripped off (ebay, etc)

I make my living as an artist/graphic designer and find images of mine all the time online being stolen and reproduced by folks in other countries... it sucks. So I have sympathy for companies that get ripped off as well.

The latest numbers I've seen say that fake sneakers is a $12 billion a year industry, so saying that only teenagers care about it is ridiculous.  We all pay the price for it in the end.  You can wear underwear on your head for all I care - this has nothing to do with worrying about what others wear.  But when that kind of money is taken out of the revenues of the shoe companies and retailers that we support, it's real.  Some of you guys seem to have no concept that there's a larger picture here than just trying to fool someone in your neighborhood with fake Yeezys.

Last edited:
That's completely unrelated.....but I really don't understand all of the negativity at people that do sell for the market price. It's on Adidas for not making enough, the websites for not being able to handle the traffic and the bots, the stores for backdooring pairs. I don't even blame the stores if they're taking care of their loyal customers rather than letting people that only show up for limited releases buy them (usually with the intent of making a quick buck too). If you get lucky and get 2 pairs, and only want to keep 1- are you going to just oop it to a stranger for retail plus shipping or would you sell at a fair market price? This market created itself since there's a lot more demand than the actual supply. If you're going to the trouble to learn the system and get yourself a pair, it makes sense that many people would try for extras and come out ahead. People do things with self-interest in mind, the only people that consistently complain about the resellers are the people that don't spend the time to learn or network and its easier to sit back and complain then put in the work to get a pair for yourself.

I take that as a yes.

that's true and i agree. it's a controversial topic and arguments from both sides can be made.

let's talk about the yeezy 350 TDs and its respective replica scene: adidas limits the availability of the TDs in order to create hype. resellers take advantage of this and jack up the resell price to $1600+. there's so much demand and so little supply that the average consumer cannot pay the asking price of $1600+. so what does he/she do? they turn to the fractionally cheaper alternative: replicas. at this point in time and after so many updates, the yeezy 350 replicas are almost 1:1 and an average sneakerhead would not be able to tell the difference out in public.

why did this happen? this questions brings us back to the limited supply. adidas controlled that supply and, thus, indirectly led to the rise of the replica TDs becoming almost 1:1. you guys are saying adidas is losing millions of dollars to the fake manufacturers. but adidas brought it upon itself. why not just make enough so that "everyone could have yeezys" as famously proclaimed by Ye-man himself? all that money spent on fakes could have been spent towards real authentic pairs IF adidas mass-produced them. however, from a business perspective, i understand that hype creates business. i understand why adidas made the availability of TDs so limited.

anyways, that's my thought. and **** sellers who sell fakes as authentic. end of story.

Back
Top Bottom