Adidas NMD thread

Do you guys think the NMDs are in the process of becoming the new Roshe Runs? I remember when roshe's first came out they were hyped and hard to get, but they slowly flooded the market and lost a lot of appeal. Just wanna what you guys think.
the only difference i see right now is that theres some nmds that have real high resale value on em... like the vintage white, japans (kinda), the og black, city packs, some sock nmd, red apple nmd.... as long as adidas dont ever retro these then they wont exactly be like the roshes.

some rare roshes were the calypsos.... then nike brought them back and basically the resale value went from like $200+ down to like $95 smh.

NMD's are arguably 3stripes Ace card right now. They played the right cards and if they continue on this note I do not think they will end up like what Roshes are today.

It's almost instant sell out for a general release mesh on the popular sizes. There maybe sizes sitting in some locations, but as a whole?

And it's not just sneakerheads that are wanting. We talking regular people that are into dressing decently but not knee deep in sneaker culture.

When the demand is at that level, ANY brand is tempted to capitalise on it. That balance is a thin line.

How to increase market share & yet ensure to keep that level of "demand" or desirability? Not easy...

adidas just shipped my white rx1's...if you didn't get your shipping confirmation by now then they are cancelling your orders. 

it happens

NMD's are arguably 3stripes Ace card right now. They played the right cards and if they continue on this note I do not think they will end up like what Roshes are today.
if adidas puts out another boost model that can compete with the nmd and ultra boost then they wont end up like roshes.....

but the nmd is a completely different beast than the roshes...roshes were popular because of the price.  i guess you can compare the mesh nmd's to roshes 

but PK nmd's will never be like roshes

Last edited:

It's almost instant sell out for a general release mesh on the popular sizes. There maybe sizes sitting in some locations, but as a whole?

And it's not just sneakerheads that are wanting. We talking regular people that are into dressing decently but not knee deep in sneaker culture.

When the demand is at that level, ANY brand is tempted to capitalise on it. That balance is a thin line.

How to increase market share & yet ensure to keep that level of "demand" or desirability? Not easy...
when i picked up my shoes thursday there was a group of asian tourists that all were wearing the new cws and taking pics, on vacation and they all came out together to get shoes 

when i picked up my shoes thursday there was a group of asian tourists that all were wearing the new cws and taking pics, on vacation and they all came out together to get shoes 
Nothing wrong with a group of whatever ethnic group buying some kicks.

NMDs are just a great lifestyle shoe overall. Stylish and comfortable (fairly), easily the highlight for anyone buying shoes. Whereas models like the UB are also used as lifestyle shoes, in terms of style IMO NMDs beat them.

With all the popularity theres no wonder that they would produce a ton of pairs. However imo the PK will probably not end up as a GR but mesh probably will.

adidas just shipped my white rx1's...if you didn't get your shipping confirmation by now then they are cancelling your orders. 

it happens

if adidas puts out another boost model that can compete with the nmd and ultra boost then they wont end up like roshes.....

but the nmd is a completely different beast than the roshes...roshes were popular because of the price.  i guess you can compare the mesh nmd's to roshes 

but PK nmd's will never be like roshes
you think so?? i got shipping confirmation for a pair I ordered for my boy but neither of mine.

you think so?? i got shipping confirmation for a pair I ordered for my boy but neither of mine.
bro i was joking you will be fine...don't sweat it.   sometimes it takes till the following wednesday or even longer to get your order out.

this was a huge release..so delays are to be expected

Last edited:

it happens
how do you know? guess my order gettin cancelled then if true 
laugh.gif
 its cool though.

bro i was joking you will be fine...don't sweat it.   sometimes it takes till the following wednesday or even longer to get your order out.

this was a huge release..so delays are to be expected
there was no context to your post so i took it at face value lol i dont get lucky often on **** I like so i'm expecting the worst.

Partially. Adidas has done a good job at having enough differentiation in a GR vs a more limited model like the Red Apples. The roshe across the board feels saturated and even if a super limited model was released today I don't think you would see any huge demand or hysteria like NMD's enjoy now.
I don't think so... nobody knows what an NMD is let alone wear Adidas here in the US. It's all Nike here. 

Which is why NMD will never be mass market like Roshe until Adidas actually pushes up by market share.

What is this model called? It's the only pair I want

Anyone know where I can cop a pair in LA? Stopped by the adidas store on Melrose but they said all pairs were claimed.

Much appreciated for any input
Friend just picked up a pair at Adidas Arcadia today. Champs Glendale had a bunch of sizes still available around 5ish yesterday.

Does pk xr1 run true to size or fits bigger like previous pk model? My true size is 9, but have to go down to size 8 for pk

Do you guys think the NMDs are in the process of becoming the new Roshe Runs? I remember when roshe's first came out they were hyped and hard to get, but they slowly flooded the market and lost a lot of appeal. Just wanna what you guys think.

Adidas has 1 ace in the whole. they have some tech in the shoe even though IMHO it is the worst example of boost they have on the market. Still Roshe's were some of the most uncomfortable shoes I ever wore. NMD's at least give good causal comfort and a new/retro styling if that makes any sense.

Boom. Those are money. Pumped to get the Xr1s in triple white and cyan I copped.

A LOT of NTers ate this time around, and it speaks to how this board is growing. I didnt know to go for the cyan xr1s until I saw on this board there were only 300 of them on ADC and those were the ones to focus on. Thanks to you all for the info. Cheers (raises a beer)

Back
Top Bottom