Adidas NMD thread

so how do these compare in terms of comfort etc to the UBs? I don't have either.. with all the new releases coming out this month for the NMDs was thinking of getting one. could not find a comparison video on them..
I find these more comfortable than UB's because the upper is not as restrictive and there is more support in the sole.  I find the closest comparison in terms of the sole might the UB ST.  I find the UB a bit mushy and flat  so they aren't as comfy if you're wearing them all day casually.  I've asked friends who own both as well as some prefer the softer cushioning of the UB.

Is this spring release going to be limited or am I gonna be SOL on these again? Need to get me at least the white and blue colorway.

It would be safe to say NMD is consortium release so it's limited most of the time. Last I've heard each store gets 1 pair in each size, if lucky 2

Is this spring release going to be limited or am I gonna be SOL on these again? Need to get me at least the white and blue colorway.

Someone on craigs just offered a decent trade is this a good straight up? My 2015 pb 350 worn 4x for his yellow nmds and 3m UB ltd? I feel pretty good cuz the 4x i wore them i definitely put in work and i have another pair of 2016 pb i can wear. What do you think should i ask for cash too?

I'd say it's a pretty fair trade considering you've worn them 4x and have another pair of the 2016 version. 

Do you really want both shoes (NMD and 3M UB) or one more than the other?

Someone on craigs just offered a decent trade is this a good straight up? My 2015 pb 350 worn 4x for his yellow nmds and 3m UB ltd? I feel pretty good cuz the 4x i wore them i definitely put in work and i have another pair of 2016 pb i can wear. What do you think should i ask for cash too?
I personally wouldn't do it unless they add a decent amount of cash.  2015's still seem to go for more than 2016's and I think the yellow NMD's look terrible.

It would be safe to say NMD is consortium release so it's limited most of the time. Last I've heard each store gets 1 pair in each size, if lucky 2
Not sure about that.  I've spoken with the owner of a local shop who got the OG NMD and was told they were a GR but not every store got them.  It depends on the rep and they did not have a consortium account.  They also got more than 2 FSR's.

I'd say it's a pretty fair trade considering you've worn them 4x and have another pair of the 2016 version. 

Do you really want both shoes (NMD and 3M UB) or one more than the other?
Oh i definitely want both. I put up a list of stuff i would trade for 2 of them being nmd + cash or ub + cash and he so happened to have both in my size

How much cash? His are DS mine are worn 4x
If both deadstock, I say its about even trade...  I mean PB DS going for what $850?  Used 4x is probably what, $600ish?  UB 3m goes for about $220 cause the restock looks like have dried up...  Yellow NMDs are still in the $350+ range...  So you be the judge.  

If both deadstock, I say its about even trade...  I mean PB DS going for what $850?  Used 4x is probably what, $600ish?  UB 3m goes for about $220 cause the restock looks like have dried up...  Yellow NMDs are still in the $350+ range...  So you be the judge.  
Yea im satisfied i didnt really even think about asking for cash im gonna go hit him up now.

Not $600 but close enough 
laugh.gif
  Im just saying that he mentioned that he wore them heavily during those 4x.  Plus I guess shoe size plays a factor...  So...

Last edited:
I find these more comfortable than UB's because the upper is not as restrictive and there is more support in the sole.  I find the closest comparison in terms of the sole might the UB ST.  I find the UB a bit mushy and flat  so they aren't as comfy if you're wearing them all day casually.  I've asked friends who own both as well as some prefer the softer cushioning of the UB.

Not my question but was wondering the same thing, repped.

Not my question but was wondering the same thing, repped.
For the record I completely disagree with what he said regarding NMD vs. UB comfort, UBs are way more comfy in general and definitely after a full day of wearing them. I can't imagine how anyone could call the UB mushy and flat. If anything I'd say the NMD has a much more "flat" feel to the cushioning, UB is more bouncy. But you won't find a general consensus on that here. Opinion is pretty divided. Not trying to start a debate, just offering a counterpoint.

Not $600 but close enough 
laugh.gif
  Im just saying that he mentioned that he wore them heavily during those 4x.  Plus I guess shoe size plays a factor...  So...
lolz but that's also a 12...  bigger sizes are usually cheaper

For the record I completely disagree with what he said regarding NMD vs. UB comfort, UBs are way more comfy in general and definitely after a full day of wearing them. I can't imagine how anyone could call the UB mushy and flat. If anything I'd say the NMD has a much more "flat" feel to the cushioning, UB is more bouncy. But you won't find a general consensus on that here. Opinion is pretty divided. Not trying to start a debate, just offering a counterpoint.
I'm sure comfort is subjective considering that everyone has different feet and different walking styles.

Repped! I have UBs and find them incredibly comfortable, though I could see someone thinking the upper is a bit constricting. I don't have NMDs which is why I'm interested in comparisons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom