Adidas NMD thread

FFE957ED-DBBC-4F78-A21B-91D2EF9FD22F.png

Cop these boys

Man, I've been waiting to see what Adidas will do next for a PK NMD. I personally loved the STLT and bought every colorway I wanted. It seems like everything new is mesh and not PK. I'm definitely not interested in mesh.

Has anyone seen what's on the horizon for PK NMDs?

Man, I've been waiting to see what Adidas will do next for a PK NMD. I personally loved the STLT and bought every colorway I wanted. It seems like everything new is mesh and not PK. I'm definitely not interested in mesh.

Has anyone seen what's on the horizon for PK NMDs?

I think Adidas has moved away from the PK because:

-It’s more expensive to produce than mesh
-People aren’t paying the $170 retail for PK NMDs anymore because NMD hype is pretty much nonexistent in 2019
-NMDs are basically the new Roshe now, sneakerheads have moved on from the model but non-sneakerheads are still interested and are more inclined to buy lower-priced mesh NMDs, especially when they are inevitably marked down.

I wish we would get an R3, but I don’t even think Adidas makes R2s anymore (or even XR1s, for that matter). It’s a shame because the line had a lot of promise but I think Adidas is simply satisfied selling as many R1s as possible rather than trying to design a worthy successor.

Last edited:
I think Adidas has moved away from the PK because:

-It’s more expensive to produce than mesh
-People aren’t paying the $170 retail for PK NMDs anymore because NMD hype is pretty much nonexistent in 2019
-NMDs are basically the new Roshe now, sneakerheads have moved on from the model but non-sneakerheads are still interested and are more inclined to buy lower-priced mesh NMDs, especially when they are inevitably marked down.

I wish we would get an R3, but I don’t even think Adidas makes R2s anymore (or even XR1s, for that matter). It’s a shame because the line had a lot of promise but I think Adidas is simply satisfied selling as many R1s as possible rather than trying to design a worthy successor.

Yeah, you're right on all accounts! I absolutely love CS2s and was hoping for some more/better colorways on R2s. NMDs just work well for my wide feet, but I will only go PK as it's amazing and I have no interest in the mesh offerings. I guess we'll see what happens. I do have a few pairs of deadstock STLTs sitting in boxes so I'll have a stash to wear for a while.

I was lucky enough to cop a pair of the Bapes for my kid who wanted these for his 12th birthday. Very surprised I got thru. I had already gotten him the Bred 4s which were delivered yesterday. I intentionally got the 4s a little bigger since he’s still growing. Turned out to be a good decision. He can rock the Bapes now and 4s later.

Back
Top Bottom