Adidas NMD thread

I've done all day walking with Ultra Boost ST, NMD, and Asics MetaRun. The truth is that Asics Flytefoam + Gel is technically way better than Boost.

Just that Adidas has done an amazing marketing job thus far along with the ability to mass produce Boost (Asics hasn't figure out their mass production yet) so props to them.
Agree on the Asics Gel. Still my favorite setup for cushion. Ultraboost are a close second but i'm still breaking in mesh NMDs and haven't worn my PK NMDs yet. 

tried on a pair of UB for the first time, wanting to compare comfort levels to the PK NMD since UB seem to be the overwhelming standard

the bounce of the UB sole is great, how it fit my foot TTS not so much.... my foot felt suffocated unless I basically removed the laces and wore it like a slip on... even then, it wasn't as comfortable as the NMD around the sides and top of my foot

if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the PK NMD because I could add a top notch insole and make up for some of what it lacks in UB sole feeling... but I don't really see any why I can make the UB fit around my foot the way the PK NMD does... maybe it'll stretch some the more I wore it? if that was the case I'd switch my stance

tried on a pair of UB for the first time, wanting to compare comfort levels to the PK NMD since UB seem to be the overwhelming standard

the bounce of the UB sole is great, how it fit my foot TTS not so much.... my foot felt suffocated unless I basically removed the laces and wore it like a slip on... even then, it wasn't as comfortable as the NMD around the sides and top of my foot

if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the PK NMD because I could add a top notch insole and make up for some of what it lacks in UB sole feeling... but I don't really see any why I can make the UB fit around my foot the way the PK NMD does... maybe it'll stretch some the more I wore it? if that was the case I'd switch my stance
You're probably wearing the wrong size UB man. Many people, maybe the majority of people, size up .5 for UBs.

It's probably the UB side cage that's causing the discomfort.

This is exactly the issue with EQT Running Support 91 as the stiff 3 stripe cage causes discomfort for me. Whereas the closely related prior design ZX 7000/8000/9000 is way more comfy due to the absence of the cage.

To me this is the appeal of NMD, at least until Adidas comes out with an uncaged UB. But I find UB heel cup and midsole kinda ugly (reminds me of the old Marathon 80 shoe).

Last edited:
So wait... how many Circa Knit colorways are there thus far? Lush Red, Clear Blue, and the Footlocker Exclusive Black Red?

What kind of insole are you planning on going with? I gotta throw something comfortable in there.

The Primeknit on the UBs stretch out over a couple wears btw.

What kind of insole are you planning on going with? I gotta throw something comfortable in there.

The Primeknit on the UBs stretch out over a couple wears btw.

not even sure yet.. gonna look around online and see what recommendations i get then try to find them locally

Just received my White NMD_R1 PK.

My true size is 9.  I ordered an 8.5.  I should have ordered an 8.   Went .5 down and still swimming in these with thin socks.
same here. my true size is 10.5, ordered a 10 and should've gone down to a 9.5. these are the primeknits btw, havent tried on the mesh ones. well at least i know for future PK releases (if i can even get them)

Last edited:
Alternatively just go with Thorlos padded running socks then you wouldn't need an insole.

https://www.thorlo.com/

BTW my Lush Red Knit Circa have color transfer issue with the inside, but my Clear Blue doesn't so this is the one to rock for me.

Last edited:
seems like the black pair is more limited than the white pair. not all malls in my area carry both.. some only carry the white pair of mesh nmd.

Here's an easy way to determine your PK size. Measure your foot with a Brannock Device, then go one full size down from the measured size.

Good, im meh on that black pair anyway. Core Black >

I need that white mesh though. Might stay TTS cause I aint tryna have my toes poke through.

EDIT

What material is this shoe? Is this gonna fit like the mesh last week? Joints were sorta TTS for me.

Last edited:
Already posted this in the boost thread but figured I'd leave it here too.

Size 9s finally came in from TGWO. Reports of these being more snug than other PK NMDs are true, but the size 9 is still comfy. Would be nice to try a 9.5 just to compare but these went straight to feet and will be rocking them this weekend for sure.

The sizing on NMD City Socks same as Ultra Boost? I wear a size 10.5 in UBs. What would I wear in NMD?

Already posted this in the boost thread but figured I'd leave it here too.

View media item 1966563

Size 9s finally came in from TGWO. Reports of these being more snug than other PK NMDs are true, but the size 9 is still comfy. Would be nice to try a 9.5 just to compare but these went straight to feet and will be rocking them this weekend for sure.

Honestly, I hated those when pictures began to surface a few months ago. However, after seeing some really nice on-foot shots, I have to admit; I want them.

Honestly, I hated those when pictures began to surface a few months ago. However, after seeing some really nice on-foot shots, I have to admit; I want them.

Same. Gonna wait for the pair with 3 stripes on em though

Back
Top Bottom