Adidas NMD thread

Id actually prefer it (and encourage it) if people posted MORE pics, whether a collection pic, fit pic, whatever pic. The threads are mostly sizing questions, people complaining about taking L's, availability/value questions, fighting, more complaining and then the rest is actually decent convo.
Agree...repped

of course I wear my whites right away today to a family party and their muddy dog steps on them within 5 minutes of being there :x

curious if anyone got nmds with the same language on both of the heel tabs? or are they always different?
It's random. You might get the same languages on both but they're never gonna be exactly the same. I think the order goes English, German, French, Japanese.

Just took a closer look at the tabs on the mesh monochrome black pair that I picked up today, the left has the word Stripes going up, the right has the word Stripes going down. Of course its not that noticeable but thought it was cool. 

I thought it was fishy as hell the way that the guy at the Footlocker I called immediately told me they sold out too and said that they were completely sold out by 10:30am today. I'm sure people really like these shoes, but they aren't even Ultraboost or a Primeknit. I didn't think there was hype like that for them in Raleigh to be completely sold out that damn quick.

Foot locker in CT only had 15 pairs..only FTL that stocked paIrshad in the state so I think stock was just that low.

I wanted all my pairs to have Japanese letters at first for whatever reason :lol:

My core blacks are German and my White mesh seems to be English and a bit of German on the top of one of them. Cant even see it cause its white on white but whatever. :lol:

So just got these in for JD Sports (UK). They are really good at letting me know where my whole process of my order. They send emails confirming purchase/confirming that it is being pulled from inventory/dispatched/tracking number for when it arrives. Great service, however box wasn't in the best shape. Understandable to keep international costs down.

For sizing I went 1 size DOWN from my UB size and they fit just fine. A little snug but would probably prefer these vs going .5sz down from my UB size as suggested from general consensus since the toe box is a little wider and I have narrow feet.

Overall impressed with the Circle Knits for being $50 cheaper than UBs, they are in close competition. I believe that to truly compare these two different beasts is to take off the INSOLE of the UB and have feet sitting on the boost of both then compare. After, put an insole (I used the UB one but will probably purchase a aftermarket on Amazon) in the NMD and compare from there.

What I noticed is that NMD is the lighter of the 2 but the boost is also flatter and closer to the ground than the UB. However, the UB feels more form-fitting. Comfort-wise the Circle Knit and Primeknit are very similar. I can see some actually preferring the sturdiness feeling of the Circle knit vs. Primeknit. So for $50 difference, not bad at all. Looking forward to more Circle Knit NMDs.

Mesh NMD and Mesh Pureboost ZG come in next week so I'll be sure to post in either this thread or UB thread or both soon.

So you essentialy went a half size down from your TTS?
I'm starting to think I've been wearing shoes .5sz down my TTS before I started wearing UBs so that is why I am using UB size as my reference point. 

But in all honesty, it will be preference for the circle knit. The circle knit is more flexible than the suede pair I have tried and can only assume more flexible than the mesh so I believe i calls for a closer, sock-feel.

Wider feet though, .5sz Down would be a better choice.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think I've been wearing shoes .5sz down my TTS before I started wearing UBs so that is why I am using UB size as my reference point. 

not gonna lie, I am the same way, I feel like I should have been wearing 9.5 when I would cop 9's in a lot of things

They told me all sold out at footlocker only to sell 3 or 4 adidas boxes to people they know in store. I'm not stupid and can tell these dudes aren't buying shell toes. The hype is real for adidas now. The resellers are moving on.

not gonna lie, I am the same way, I feel like I should have been wearing 9.5 when I would cop 9's in a lot of things
Well before I got into the UB hype, I wore a lot of minimalism shoes and zero-drop shoes. So getting my toes as close as possible to the top without blisters and as snug as possible so my narrow foot isn't sliding, it kind of called for a .5 sz down it seems.

But in all honesty, it will be preference for the circle knit. The circle knit is more flexible than the suede pair I have tried and can only assume more flexible than the mesh so I believe i calls for a closer, sock-feel.

Wider feet though, .5sz Down would be a better choice.

Just make sure your toes dont poke through the mesh. I went TTS with the white mesh for this reason.

They told me all sold out at footlocker only to sell 3 or 4 adidas boxes to people they know in store. I'm not stupid and can tell these dudes aren't buying shell toes. The hype is real for adidas now. The resellers are moving on.
As being a former Footlocker employee, you ain't getting the most honorable, classy people that work there. You will get your small few that actually play it by the book but there are even managers that are as slimy as the employees.

There was an instance of a FTL Manager getting fired for purchasing $10K worth of product during the 50% F&F....Pretty confident he was having his own eBay store at that point.

Just make sure your toes dont poke through the mesh. I went TTS with the white mesh for this reason.
Yup, thanks for the advice.

Fortunately in the pic I posted earlier, no signs of toes poking out from what I see. But, I haven't walked a day in them to make a concise judgement. The white mesh I got earlier today is TTS, so my UB size. Pretty confident that will be the correct fit. I messed up on the suede but I was able to oop a NTer them.

Adidas sizing is truly weird but then again, we are comparing Lifestyle shoe vs. Running shoe so I can see where sizing can have variance.

Back
Top Bottom