Adidas NMD thread

as someone who does not yet own a pair of NMD's, is it seriously worth the hype? i own dooms, yeezys, UB's & Y-3's so i'm definitely riding the 3 stripes wave, but i can't seem to pull the trigger on these. i did cop a pair for my wife and she digs them, but i'm still like meh.
If you got extra cash to spend sure. silhouette is nice but hype has made this shoe a lot better than it really is.

Personal opinion, NMD PKs are only worth it if you can grab a pair. But if you strike out, no hard feelings done. you'll end up back in your UBs in no time.

They set the bar really high with the UBs.

as someone who does not yet own a pair of NMD's, is it seriously worth the hype? i own dooms, yeezys, UB's & Y-3's so i'm definitely riding the 3 stripes wave, but i can't seem to pull the trigger on these. i did cop a pair for my wife and she digs them, but i'm still like meh.
Get em if you like the way they look.  Comfort wise I think they are fine, and comparable to my other Boost shoes except the UB.  Those with narrow feet and/or high arches seem to dislike them more since they are pretty much completely flat inside.  But I like the looks enough to pay more than they are really worth, and I don't expect too much from them.  They're meant to be simple, lightweight travel shoes and they are fine for that.  They will never be UBs, and those who compare the two will always be disappointed.  I will say that I tried on a mesh pair and didn't like the feel at all, so I am only interested in the CKs and PKs.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback fellas. If I do spring for a pair, they will definitely be PK. Cant get into the look of the mesh, but that's just personal opinion.

Last edited:
If you go in with the mindset that it'll be as bouncy as an Ultra or Pure Boost, no.  Based on your list, I'd say the closest to feel would be a 350 although I'd argue that you feel what little heft (mostly the outsole) the 350 has, more than any of the NMDs.  Not sure which Y-3s you own to have any basis of comparison.  

I like to alternate between these and UBs (which can feel constrictive for me after long periods).  I think because you're not at locked in up top, they've sacrificed some of the bounce for the added stability with the inserts.  I prefer the sock-like feel of the PK, but the lower tier mesh models provide a tad more of a shoe feel. (some people prefer mesh over pk)  I don't have any of the circular knit (mid tier) models to compare. 

Like any shoe though, you should go in with tempered expectations.  Personally, a fan of the silhouette (with the exception of the chukka), but a little baffled by the sell-out hype levels, which has the potential to set any shoe up for failure.  

Hope that was as objective as possible.

Last edited:
To be fair though, they are uncomfy IMO for any kind of long standing job or a lot of walking. I do have a high arch so that adds to it. I use em for the gym during leg days though (literally at the gym now) and they are flat enough for squats. :lol:

If you go in with the mindset that it'll be as bouncy as an Ultra or Pure Boost, no.  Based on your list, I'd say the closest to feel would be a 350 although I'd argue that you feel what little heft (mostly the outsole) the 350 has, more than any of the NMDs.  Not sure which Y-3s you own to have any basis of comparison.  

I like to alternate between these and UBs (which can feel constrictive for me after long periods).  I think because you're not at locked in up top, they've sacrificed some of the bounce for the added stability with the inserts.  I prefer the sock-like feel of the PK, but the lower tier mesh models provide a tad more of a shoe feel. (some people prefer mesh over pk)  I don't have any of the circular knit (mid tier) models to compare. 

Like any shoe though, you should go in with tempered expectations.  Personally, a fan of the silhouette (with the exception of the chukka), but a little baffled by the sell-out hype levels, which has the potential to set any shoe up for failure.  

Hope that was as objective as possible.

Yeah man, appreciate it. I wish I had an opportunity to TRY ON a pair but the hype has made that impossible. I was a late adapter when it came to UBs until I tried on a pair of wools. Now Im hooked. Of all the pairs I own, the Y-3 take the comfort crown.

To be fair though, they are uncomfy IMO for any kind of long standing job or a lot of walking. I do have a high arch so that adds to it. I use em for the gym during leg days though (literally at the gym now) and they are flat enough for squats.
laugh.gif
That's also a good point.  I failed to mention in my post that, being flat and wide footed, I benefit a little more from the NMD (as a casual shoe in general) I think.

NiceKicks NMD today. Weird that my NiceKicks and Glitch Camo PKs fit me perfect at sz 12 but yet I had to size up .5 on my White Monohrome PKs and City Socks. Can't deal with Adidas and their sizing discrepancies
if you look at how each pair is built, it makes perfect sense ^^

same with me....all camos and nice kicks US11 and og+monos+city socks 11.5 

Last edited:

That's also a good point.  I failed to mention in my post that, being flat and wide footed, I benefit a little more from the NMD (as a casual shoe in general) I think.
No arch support. Feel my arches collapse in these.

Man, need those olives. Hopefully I can trade my black/white glitch camo's if I strike out

olive and pink for me....some high snob ultras....pair of freshwater saucony....and the mint 997s....gonna be an easy weekend ^^

Any info on White Mountaineering City Socks? Idk if they'll actually release or not but I'm taking a liking to them

there are already fakes on ebay etc. 

and yes they will release, but i dont know exactly when.....
I've seen the few fakes there are, crazy that they made those fakes tho with there being so little information on them (from what I can find)

City Socks are the best NMDs so far.
Comfort-wise are they better than the Key City?  I picked up the black PKs last month and while I don't mind the lack of arch support or insole in the shoe, the thing on the heel has been bugging me.  Definitely don't feel like I could go w/out socks in these.

As others have noted, it is a nice silhouette, though.  

To me they're more comfortable than the dooms, less comfortable than the UBs, and about in line with the Y3 ZGs.  Never tried on a pair of the Yeezys so can't comment on those.  Stylistically they're nice but not sure if they're really ~$100 over core black UB nice.  Not to mention I think they're probably diluting the NMD look a bit with all the meshes.  Market feels pretty saturated with all those right now.

As others have noted, it is a nice silhouette, though.  
It's a different fit, I personally find it more comfortable than other PK NMDs but I've also never worn the key city since mine are a size too big. I'd imagine they're more comfy than average PK NMD because they have a leather/soft heel tab instead of plastic, but the city sock hugs your foot in a different way.

I wouldn't go without socks in any shoes but that's just me.

yeah the city socks are for sure one of my favorite pairs ever ^^

edit: and i only traded some white pk monos for them ^^

Last edited:

yeah the city socks are for sure one of my favorite pairs ever ^^

edit: and i only traded some white pk monos for them ^^
Yeah I figured they'd be a lot more in demand but they seem pretty attainable right now, resale prices not that high. Maybe people are holding out for the US release. I'm definitely planning on doubling up.

Anyone have a forwarding service they use or could recommend? Trying to get a pair of these NMD's this weekend but i live in the US.

if you look at how each pair is built, it makes perfect sense ^^
same with me....all camos and nice kicks US11 and og+monos+city socks 11.5 

Thanks - do you have both the grey and yellow camos? Cause I brought yellow camos and they fit me smaller thank the grey in the same size (they fit more like monochromes to me). That's why I'm confused which size to get on this next drop. Maybe I just have ****** up feet? Lol

Back
Top Bottom