Adidas ORIGINALS updates

jjjjound have sorta made me rethink what a collab can/should be

Does a collab lways necessarily have to be something crazy creative?

I can see how the shoes could be GRs, but they aren’t, do jjjjound used the opportunity to bring it into fruition

If brands aren’t going to make the best versions of their own shoes then it’s left to collaborators like jjjjound to do it for them
I agree, collabs don't have to be wild, even though that's kind of the expectation. But so far into the history of sneakers wild color ways and materials are pretty common now so a collaborator would have to be really creative to make a collab stand out with that approach. Which explains why so many fall flat these days. So I totally understand someone going for more subdued results on a collab these days. Standing out by not trying to stand out so to speak.

.....but JJJJound???? I'll pass on these. They make very good GRs. That's it. I don't get the appeal at all. I thought that maybe they elevated the materials. Then I got some of their collabs in hand and saw that they weren't much better than what I've seen on other collabs with the same brands/models I truly don't understand the appeal other than niche hype among the dedicated, minimalist, if you know you know crowd.

In America, Jordan and Nike still reign supreme for better or worse. So wearing Adidas or New Balance is already an IYKYK approach to dressing. So paying resell never made sense when there are other GR's and collabs that are better executed imo. Maybe if JJJJound was easier to get at retail. Most of my befuddlement comes from people willing to pay so much resell markup for them.

jjjjound have sorta made me rethink what a collab can/should be

Does a collab lways necessarily have to be something crazy creative?

I can see how the shoes could be GRs, but they aren’t, do jjjjound used the opportunity to bring it into fruition

If brands aren’t going to make the best versions of their own shoes then it’s left to collaborators like jjjjound to do it for them

My issue with this pair is that Adidas in fact released a made in Italy Samba like 2 or 3 weeks ago, with likely better materials and construction. So this isn't neither something crazy creative, which is ok, nor (likely) the best version of the shoe. It's just there.

But it will sell out quickly, so this doesn't matter in the slightest.

UNDS Duramo Speed
A9AAE000-0BF3-4A06-B98A-70C039E626AA.jpeg

Anyone able to enter the draw for the TMNTs? I keep getting errors :nerd:

Edit/update: Took about 20 mins of trying on both Confirmed and the Adidas app, but I was finally able to register on the Adi app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom