Adidas Porsche Design Suspension Trainer *CRAZY*

I have these in Titanium color size 10. Absolutely great from every respect. This is a top class training shoe for road running. It is not a racing shoe noris it an offroad shoe. It's weight is on the high side of stability trainers (just shy of 17 oz. for a size 10). The sizing runs true to size length wise,but the width of the footbed is a borderline medium-narrow so a half size up may be needed to accomodate med-wide feet.
I run for fitness and sport so these shoes are great for preventing-eliminating any chance for shock related injuries, period!
Great for tooling around, as well as they are very cool in appearance as all Porsche Design products are.
Price is $500 before tax so be ready to fork up. What you get is a leading edge stability trainer that doubles as a highline fashion statement. I put 8 milestraining on them so far and all inspections point towards lasting durability. After all they are adidas and they are Porsche Design, made to the higheststandards. They won Red Dot and +X product design awards with this shoe. You will be surprised at their quality and finish over any other trainer on themarket.
More later as I put more miles on them.

Those are crazy! I would love to try them on. Porsche design is high tech. Although they are around $500 what do you expect when it has Porsche suspension,look at the people dropping $800 for Yeezys that have no were near this type of technology, go figure.

I purchased these from Porsche Design Beverly Hills (not my comfort zone to shop there, but the PD store is there and that store is the only reason thatbrought me to Rodeo Drive). The store rep stated that these adidas come with a 2 year mechanical warranty for the suspension, to be honored at the store ifanything goes wrong. If you don't weigh more than 250lbs, you will not have any problems with this shoe. If you do weigh that much, you will rapid wear anypair of shoes that you wear. The sole rubber is adiwear by inspection and comparison with my Adizero RC and Adizero Pro race flats. There are no technologylogos anywear on the shoes, only "PORSCHE DESIGN" and "adidas\\\". They come in a specific black PD Sport P'5000 adidas shoe box alongwith a black shoe bag marked the same. No documentation or instructions come with the shoes which is a little dissapointing as I'd like to know more specson usage, technology, limitations, etc.
The PD collaboration with adidas epitomizes some of the best products available anywhere. They have adidas equipment for running, driving, tennis, golf, snowsports, and sailing. A point to be noted is that the collection is manufactured in China mostly, but quality is luxury world class unmatched, nevertheless. Youwon't be dissapointed given the fact that adidas only manufactures specific few items in Germany, Copa Mundial soccer shoe is one of them and the defunctGSG9 boots are another.
Word of warning, once you go into that store, you'll be hooked. They've got one of a kind gear designed by PD and manufactured in collaboration withthe best manufacturers in the world, from Italian leather garment makers to German Eyewear manufacturer Rodenstock. Every thing is limited in quantity andavailability, but there are items limited to only 550 or so pieces, like the Adidas Racing Blouson and the Edition 1 leather jacket, both no longer available. You can count the number of PD stores with one hand in North America.

BR

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Wow theres 2 king sized gimmicks on this shoe then to justify the ridiculous price point then

Shocking
That is an understandable initial perception, until you hold these shoes in your hand, inspect them with your senses, try them on, and run in them. It's the future of training shoes, especially for those who are fanatical about safety and sports health. I am in my upper 30's and can no longer train on racing flats, these shoes are my answer to going another 15 years as a fitness coach and athlete.

Jersey Sauce wrote:
WOW! That is crazy!
Law suit...
nerd.gif

These are insane. I guess Adidas is playing around these and thinking if they should go gr with them.

I put 20 running miles on them now. They are simply even smoother after break in. Even running on downward slope these shoes' suspension makes it feel likeyou are running on a treadmill, low impact, no knee pain after jogging a mile downhill 30 degree incline. I wonder what other trainers can approach thistechnology as I haven't kept up with the latest like Nike Shox, etc. I remember my first pair of nike air trainers back in the late 80's, they were nomore smoother than regular trainers. Input appreciated. Anyone else have these Bounce:S?

regarding the rust. The springs are a special steel, will not rust easily. 2 year warranty on the mechanicals.

60 miles logged, heel is 15% worn. As a 124lb runner, these will last over 400 miles street, and then some more with a resole of the heel. Broken in, theseshoes are magic, with a super comfy yet sophisticated fit, and trainer characteristics with energy return unlike any other before it. Per mile I am 30 secs offas compared with my 6 oz. Adizero Pro flats. With more getting used that gap will close further. For trainers, these have amazing eficiency and, of course,safety.

Update:
Shoes are holding up like any other fine pair of shoes. Mechanicals are sturdy as any other shoe. I've put over 100 running miles on them now. They arebroken-in and I wear them looser laced for walking and tighten them for training runs.

Interestingly, Porsche Design is commissioning an new version of this shoe for their Winter collection in a perforated leather version.

Back
Top Bottom