Adidas T-Mac 3 Restomod

20211231_101230.jpg

JD Sports in Sugar Land, TX.
That's Finishline essentially right? Last time I went into the FNL at the mall here they had maybe 40 shoes on the walls.

Honestly Footaction is same way now. Big *** store but no shoes. Lot of overpriced tacky apparel.

Yeah they own FNL. FTA is basically dead. No shoes plus clothing is on clearance with a extra 50% off. Grabbed a Sandlot shirt for $5 like two days ago.

This has got to be the OG 1 colorway

Attachments

• C72B2F97-B88C-48FE-9496-561477F87579.jpeg
    C72B2F97-B88C-48FE-9496-561477F87579.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 115
Why do these have the Iverson logos on them?

It's literally based off a TMac shoe commercial. These have nothing to do with AI.

On box, Achilles, tongue, bottom of eyelets, and insoles. Makes no sense to me.

It's weird. Not a single vanity shot of them showed it and there is no logical reason behind it.

I'm likely returning them. It just makes me mad it's even there. And I like Iverson. But why?

man if you liked those to begin with then I would keep them. Why? Because, I’m pretty sure it’s homage to at that time iversons and tmacs where the biggest and most bought shoe. Everyone had either answers or tmac 1-3. I would keep those because if those released in 03 04 everyone would want those. This is why they did that. For the love of tmacs and iversons alone I would keep them and never wear them.
DAE023F4-9645-4222-8DCE-834B513F1DDD.jpeg

But this colorway is based on the commercials for the shoe. The Iverson connection for this colorway makes zero sense.

And I wear all my shoes. So they'll go back to the store and I'll buy a different pair.

This shoe was initially suppose to be apart of a Adidas x Reebok collab pack called the “Deadly Moves”. This shoe along with a reebok question was suppose to pay homage to the athletes commercials and the signature moves that defined these two icons of this era. Unfortunately due to covid the production of the Reebok Question was delayed, and the T-Mac was on time, so it was introduced to the market a bit earlier. Reebok was in the process of being sold by adidas and wasn’t getting enough volume behind the Question and they decided to scrap production of the shoe before it was scheduled to hit retail. So all marketing and promotion was also scrapped for the collaboration, but because the T-Mac was in production adidas decided to release the pairs to the market.

So you’re correct the T-Mac 3 was inspired by the Lessons commercial and the Reebok Question was inspired by the Answer 1 crossover commercial. The lenticular was added to showcase the steps behind the athletes signature moves. Packaging and hang tags were added to tell the story but unfortunately were placed on hold and didn’t materialize. T-Mac and A.I. are both big fans of one another and they pushed to do something together across brands but it never fully came to fruition.

So that’s a rare piece of sneaker history!!! In theory it should have been scrapped as well! Super rare and a rare time that the brands were working together before RBK was sold off.
1F80F016-95E4-4D43-B18C-117E70FDC646.jpeg
22D30650-381A-49AD-BE46-D73603552697.jpeg
D443B519-AB43-4A1D-84C7-11F4A0C21D85.jpeg

Anyone seen anymore of these in stores for cheap? Looking for the blue suede 3s for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom