Adidas takes ANOTHER "L" vol. Kevin Ware

I had to look up who Kevin Ware was and that injury was disgusting. Looking at things objectively - what Adidas joints was he wearing?

There's no causation/correlation here at all. Ware's was a freak injury, no shoe could've prevented his leg from fracturing like that. Should Nike be blamed for Tyrone Prothro's leg fracture a few years ago? 

Well one can say that Adidas had a lot of Athletes signed with foot injurys, I.E. Derick Rose. Also I believe the Nike Shox were somewhat blamed for Vice Carters earlier injuries, hence why Nike stopped making Shox for Basketball purposes or in general. It just wasn't good technology in my opinion, but people in the UK loved them. End of my rant.

Kinda on topic but didn't the Air Jordan VII also have a terrible track record of people injuring themselves ?

Last edited:
Kinda on topic but didn't the Air Jordan VII also have a terrible track record of people injuring themselves ?

It could've been the Huarache tech - the outer panels may not have been supportive enough to hold the foot in place due to the inner, sock-like bootie.

Do you guys think Adidas ought to rethink its 'Ultra-light' campaign and go with more sturdier shoes? With Nike going plastic only there's a market for an actual full grain leather b-ball shoe. DRose is an elite athlete, he doesn't need ulta-light plastic shoes to bring out his game, he could do it with a tried and true leather shoe.

With the Shox, the Shox columns were too high off the ground so in the case of rolling your ankle it would be alot more severe.

I know personally in Highschool when my team had shox I had to send mine back to the vendor and I hooped in Steel Xs... The shox columns throughout the shoe gave me wild blisters :lol:

After like 3 games I couldn't walk any more :smh:

Last edited:
I know personally in Highschool when my team had shox I had to send mine back to the vendor and I hooped in Steel Xs... The shox columns throughout the shoe gave me wild blisters :lol:

After like 3 games I couldn't walk any more :smh:

It was the Shox columns - way too stiff for the average person. You had to be a real heavyweight to get any sort of cushioning out of them. The running Shox used to make my knees hurt after a 10 minute run.

It was the Shox columns - way too stiff for the average person. You had to be a real heavyweight to get any sort of cushioning out of them. The running Shox used to make my knees hurt after a 10 minute run.
shox r more of a casual shoe imo

shox r more of a casual shoe imo

I disagree. From 2000 till about 2006 they were pushing them hard - they were Nike's marquee product. They had them on trainers, bball kicks, runners, etc... Our store couldn't keep them in stock. From an actual performance perspective there was no middle ground - people either hated them while other (larger) people loved them.

I can't believe anyone's blaming this injury on adidas. You guys ever jumped like that? Anyone who plays basketball regularly probably does several times a game. It was a freak accident.

Pretty sure he was wearing the Rose 3.5.

And Rose had an ACL injury :smh:

Should we blame Amare's knees on Nike? What about Rondo's ACL tear?

Nah secretz, injuries can happen with any shoe.

I was trying to stir up some debate over the whole 'lightweight shoe movement', btw what happened to AKALONGSTROKE?

It could've been the Huarache tech - the outer panels may not have been supportive enough to hold the foot in place due to the inner, sock-like bootie.

Do you guys think Adidas ought to rethink its 'Ultra-light' campaign and go with more sturdier shoes? With Nike going plastic only there's a market for an actual full grain leather b-ball shoe. DRose is an elite athlete, he doesn't need ulta-light plastic shoes to bring out his game, he could do it with a tried and true leather shoe.

With the Shox, the Shox columns were too high off the ground so in the case of rolling your ankle it would be alot more severe.

I think Nike and Adidas, as well as other brands in the running shoe area need to lay off the notion that making shoes lighter and lighter makes them better. It may be true to an extent, but when does it end? The shoes keep getting lighter, the price keeps getting higher, and durability seems to be decreasing.

Back
Top Bottom