Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

am i the only one whos more excited with nike fog fog stuff even till now than the adi ones?

The design, detail and the lookbook are so much better and more unique than the current collab with adi imo
I think if it were reversed and we never saw the Nike line we'd appreciate this more. Imagine if that Nike FOG 1 was the first shoe to drop, but with Adidas branding. I like both. I am leaning a little more to the Adidas for the first bball shoes only because they are more wearable than the Nike FOG 1

I had the Nike FOG 1. Very clunky shoe and hard to get on and off. The comfort was good though but I dunno how anyone played ball in those. These seem more easier to get into and match up.

I think if it were reversed and we never saw the Nike line we'd appreciate this more. Imagine if that Nike FOG 1 was the first shoe to drop, but with Adidas branding. I like both. I am leaning a little more to the Adidas for the first bball shoes only because they are more wearable than the Nike FOG 1
they're also $100 cheaper and way more attainable. they're kinda like the adidas version of the Fog Raids to me (which I also love).

The unfortunate reality of sneaker culture is that one's affection for a shoe can diminish once they discover it's available at retail prices on platforms like StockX or GOAT. In essence, a sneaker isn't deemed "hot" until its value is confirmed to be significantly high on StockX, possibly contributing to increased demand and sellouts.

they're also $100 cheaper and way more attainable. they're kinda like the adidas version of the Fog Raids to me (which I also love).
I think these are better than the raids but I can see what you mean since these aren’t as high top as the FOG 1s.

The unfortunate reality of sneaker culture is that one's affection for a shoe can diminish once they discover it's available at retail prices on platforms like StockX or GOAT. In essence, a sneaker isn't deemed "hot" until its value is confirmed to be significantly high on StockX, possibly contributing to increased demand and sellouts.
i agree. Resellers are what people are go off by what is “hot” or not these days. They would consider those nasty cactus plant shoes hot and these not

Copped the grey toe basketball sneaker and the suede sweats in black

Can’t wait for them to come in!

I had the Nike FOG 1. Very clunky shoe and hard to get on and off. The comfort was good though but I dunno how anyone played ball in those. These seem more easier to get into and match up.
Yeah they were horrible to get on and off. You had to size up just to get them on and off comfortably lol

Threw these on today. They fit well. I’m happy with em

IMG_4424.jpeg

You realize everyones foot is different right? Its not rocket science.
Is it so different that if you wear an 8.5 and they say go a half size up that a 9 will not work? Come on be real. None of us are professional athletes who need the EXACT fit in order to shave milliseconds off your 100m dash or lateral cuts while hooping. It's really not that deep. You have high arches or flat feet you're not going to know whether something "fits" unless you're wearing them for an extended period of time. So they either fit length wise and if width is an issue then half size up.

Is it so different that if you wear an 8.5 and they say go a half size up that a 9 will not work? Come on be real. None of us are professional athletes who need the EXACT fit in order to shave milliseconds off your 100m dash or lateral cuts while hooping. It's really not that deep. You have high arches or flat feet you're not going to know whether something "fits" unless you're wearing them for an extended period of time. So they either fit length wise and if width is an issue then half size up.

You would think its that easy yet sizing is always an issue for every shoe.

You would think its that easy yet sizing is always an issue for every shoe.
Mmm if sizing is an issue with every shoe, yet people have picked these up no issues with them being TTS or half size up...then it sounds like an isolated issue with the individual. There's only one constant in all these situations.

Wore the bball shoes yesterday while walking around the mall with my wife and daughter and they are comfortable. Still not sure if there's boost in them or not, but it definitely has a bounce to them. Everyone who got them...enjoy

Jerry took too long + high price point + doesnt really fit "todays" fashion. Moreso I think people just disappointed that THIS is what took 3 years go make; lazy redesigns and basically Essentials with adidas branding.
I think being able to pull off a new silhouette like the basketball pair takes a lot more creative energy than coming up with new colorways and minor tweaks to an existing silhouette.
The 86 pairs I can see where you’re coming from and admit it can come off as lazy or not fresh since it really is taking an existing silhouette and putting on the FOG bottoms. This applies for the clothing as well.

I think being able to pull off a new silhouette like the basketball pair takes a lot more creative energy than coming up with new colorways and minor tweaks to an existing silhouette.
The 86 pairs I can see where you’re coming from and admit it can come off as lazy or not fresh since it really is taking an existing silhouette and putting on the FOG bottoms. This applies for the clothing as well.

It took him 3 years for that though? It aint even all that diff from the Nike FoG 1 if we keeping it a buck. :lol:

I don’t think it took him 3 years to design this line.. you had covid and all the crazy Kanye vs adidas ordeal going on in between. Probably would’ve come out in 2021 if none of the mentioned had occurred.

Back
Top Bottom