Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

everyone will have their opinions about whether the 3 years was worth the wait. I will say that he did deliver some very “adidas” shoes. More so than the 750s he’s rumored to be behind the design of. I’m not sure if I’m going to sign up for every shoe, but all signs point to me atleast liking the 1 pair of basketballs that I did get.

I hope we get a higher FOG 1/750 height style shoe in the future.

The basketball shoe for me is worth the wait and I'm happy the hype isn't out of control on them. I'll eventually get a pair of the basketball shoe, as they're gonna be around. Design is really smooth to me and I liked the LA atmosphere event as well.

everyone will have their opinions about whether the 3 years was worth the wait. I will say that he did deliver some very “adidas” shoes. More so than the 750s he’s rumored to be behind the design of. I’m not sure if I’m going to sign up for every shoe, but all signs point to me atleast liking the 1 pair of basketballs that I did get.

I hope we get a higher FOG 1/750 height style shoe in the future.

750 > Nike Fog 1 > adidas basketball

They arent bad, and youre right he did deliver some very adidas-esque shoes. To me though, they remind me of a takedown Fog 1.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

vs

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.39 PM.png

Its a joke how much better the Nike Fogs look.

I do think the 86 Lo is a really good though. He did a good job on those. The Raid inspired Fog Nikes were weak.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s not like 750 revolutionized style or anything. I just think they’re just a shoe that aged out of the trendy aesthetic pretty well and has a lot of casual appeal. Same goes for the desert boot, the military boot, and the 950. Expensive but you don’t have to dress like you’re at a Yeezy season 3 fashion show or fear of God event to wear them.

Nah it's overrated in the sense that people will buy em if they released today. people complain about the pricing of these but 750s will sellout.

I think being able to pull off a new silhouette like the basketball pair takes a lot more creative energy than coming up with new colorways and minor tweaks to an existing silhouette.
The 86 pairs I can see where you’re coming from and admit it can come off as lazy or not fresh since it really is taking an existing silhouette and putting on the FOG bottoms. This applies for the clothing as well.
The basketball model looks great, but it isn’t that different from what adidas has been putting out. It honestly looks like it could be a PrimeKnit Tubular 2.0

IMG_3364.jpeg

They arent bad, and youre right he did deliver some very adidas-esque shoes. To me though, they remind me of a takedown Fog 1.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

vs

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.39 PM.png

I do think the 86 Lo is a really good though. He did a good job on those. The Raid inspired Fog Nikes were weak.

Sitting on a shelf the FOG 1s are nice. But, from my perspective the bball are far more wearable. And yes I own them both.
750s are mad overrated. just uggs with a strap. but fog nike > fog adidas

I was never a fan of the 750s. But they have their place in Yeezy Adidas history

I wear them like a regular shoe 🤷🏿‍♂️
IMG_7960.png
IMG_7961.png

The donda gang back then was into suede chelsea boots like bottega and common projects. I think the core dna behind the 750 was merging the nike yzy 2 detail (strap), with chelsea boots material, and maybe with a hint of rick geo basket zipper.

That on foot pic sealed it for me. I'm going to pass on these mid FOG 1s. I can see why Nike dropped him. Just lazy design. Have at it Jerry Boys!
I think from jerry POv was that he wanted to create a permanent athletic collection like y3 with nike. But nike wouldnt do it because itd meant that the line would be rivaling the jordan brand.

From the previous track record, nike would only give designer’s occasional collab - just like they did with undercover, john elliott, kith etc.

I think from jerry POv was that he wanted to create a permanent athletic collection like y3 with nike. But nike wouldnt do it because itd meant that the line would be rivaling the jordan brand.

From the previous track record, nike would only give designer’s occasional collab - just like they did with undercover, john elliott, kith etc.

If that was true, why would Nike be against having another brand line like Jordan Brand. Jordan Brand was the fastest growing line at Nike. It probably made up for a lot of the losses in their other segments. Jordan Brand was potentially on pace to surpass Adidas in North America. Nike would have loved it if Jerry could have done that. But Nike wasn't happy with him. It's clear that he was on his own timeline and Nike wanted more footwear designs from him. It's footwear first before the clothing line for Nike. But I can see him wanting a clothing line more because most of his income probably comes from the Essential clothing and accessory lines. Also, Jordan Brand and Jerry's line wouldn't compete directly. His line is far more expensive than Jordan Brand. Just look at the prices for his Adidas line.

Jerry said he still doesn't why Nike fired him. The last 2 things he did. He pitched his Fear of God Athletics, which sounds familiar doesn't it and his final sneaker for Nike was called "The Question." Someone should have told him AI got that. He was done designing sneakers for Nike. He was clearly just focused on his clothing line. He was about to fly to Nike HQ to discuss all of this then Nike cancelled on him and of course, he was fired. Adidas was the last resort. Jerry contacted New Balance and Reebok then several other companies. He connected with his Yeezy contacts first then talked with Adidas. This has the makings of Beyonce's Ivy Park debacle. Adidas was paying Beyonce $20M per year and lost over $500M from the deal. It was so embarrassingly bad that Adidas ended the deal early. Again, we see lackluster clothing line that's overpriced and boring sneaker releases. Why her when her mom dresses her? And no Beyhives DM with hate. It's the truth.

I put in for the Carbon Basketballs.

I think the Adidas x Fog look better than the Nike Fog, personally.

FOG out here taxing. Sitting on their site for £280 retail.

Adidas confirmed has them retailing for £220 albeit via raffle

Jerry said he still doesn't why Nike fired him. The last 2 things he did. He pitched his Fear of God Athletics, which sounds familiar doesn't it and his final sneaker for Nike was called "The Question." Someone should have told him AI got that. He was done designing sneakers for Nike. He was clearly just focused on his clothing line. He was about to fly to Nike HQ to discuss all of this then Nike cancelled on him and of course, he was fired. Adidas was the last resort. Jerry contacted New Balance and Reebok then several other companies. He connected with his Yeezy contacts first then talked with Adidas. This has the makings of Beyonce's Ivy Park debacle. Adidas was paying Beyonce $20M per year and lost over $500M from the deal. It was so embarrassingly bad that Adidas ended the deal early. Again, we see lackluster clothing line that's overpriced and boring sneaker releases. Why her when her mom dresses her? And no Beyhives DM with hate. It's the truth.

B was a terrible choice for a line. She aint social like that nor do people check B for fashion.

vs

everything i wanted to say. the adidas fog bball is like the downgrade step brother of nike fog 1.

i like the LA runner and 86 more in this release but they played it safe, they're basically FOGs main line sneakers since they're inspired by classic silhouettes. fog raids are weak but they tried doing something outta the ordinary working on a neglected model.

Back
Top Bottom