Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

Not at all sure how cats are going tts on these and my foot is not wide at all. Right foot is 15, left foot is a 15.5. Bought a 16; which is usually a safe bet Even for shoes that are cut small. No way in hell I could walk around for more than an hour or so in these. Hooping is a never. Super tight and stiff for me :smh:. Hopefully I can make my money back on eBay 😩

Not at all sure how cats are going tts on these and my foot is not wide at all. Right foot is 15, left foot is a 15.5. Bought a 16; which is usually a safe bet Even for shoes that are cut small. No way in hell I could walk around for more than an hour or so in these. Hooping is a never. Super tight and stiff for me :smh:. Hopefully I can make my money back on eBay 😩
That’s what I am saying!!!

IMG_0711.jpeg

Picked up the runners too. I know they don’t stand out much if at all, but they’re more comfortable and easier to put on/take off than the other two and TTS. I tried the 86 but they weren’t that comfortable and too narrow/pointy in the front for me.

IMG_0711.jpeg

Picked up the runners too. I know they don’t stand out much if at all, but they’re more comfortable and easier to put on/take off than the other two and TTS. I tried the 86 but they weren’t that comfortable and too narrow/pointy in the front for me.

I ordered them (and the 86s) half size up. They arrive tomorrow. Hope they fit okay. I have wide feet and have been going half up in Jordan 1s for reference.

IMG_0711.jpeg

Can't wait for mine to come in

Looks like I can’t go for sesame’s, I went for carbons. A lot of sizes have sold out so I guess when the pair with the stripes on the toe drops I’ll go for those. Guess I’ll stick with my og QNTMS AND QNTM BSKBALS

Looks like I can’t go for sesame’s, I went for carbons. A lot of sizes have sold out so I guess when the pair with the stripes on the toe drops I’ll go for those. Guess I’ll stick with my og QNTMS AND QNTM BSKBALS
They might pull a nike and put the sold out for a few days, just to update more new stock the next day or something

12.5 seems to be tougher to come by but worried about the fit if my true 12

If you’re talking basketballs, do not go tts. Even the designer admitted he f’d up on the sizing. That should tell you all you need to know. Half size up basically equals tts and full size up basically equals half size up lol.

If you’re talking basketballs, do not go tts. Even the designer admitted he f’d up on the sizing. That should tell you all you need to know. Half size up basically equals tts and full size up basically equals half size up lol.

Thanks bro.

For sure that’s what multiple people told me. 12.5 just looking like they ain’t make much

I went half size up and they fit perfectly. I always go half up on Adidas shoes. Don’t think these are any more tight than Yeezys. I’m not really feeling like they are crazy narrow.

Full size run was sitting for over a week on FOG. They pulled sizes once then put them all back like 2 days later. They pulled them again but I won’t be surprised if they come back tomorrow or something. Because it’s the same sizes gone.
Hoping this is the case because I want the carbons now but not paying resale.

Basketballs touched down today. Here are my thougts

- while the materials might not look premium, the construction is premium. Not a loose stitch or glue stain in sight

-I went a half size up. The uppers feel super stiff once you slip them but my pair settled in by like the 4th step some comfort set in

- I’ve said it before but they’re a very “adidas” shoe. The insides feel almost Identical to quantum’s. They hav padding in the same places.

-they’re dope but $250 is knocking on the limits of what I’d pay for these. Just like the qntms, one pair in one colorways is good enough unless they decide to do material changes.

Ignore the denim. That’s just what I was wearing when they came in lol

IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8177.jpeg
IMG_8175.jpeg

Last edited:
Jerry ain’t getting another collection with adidas lol this all was one huge miss

Not everything is for everyone. Poeple compare this with his preceding collection (with Nike) but looking at the outcome & presentation, Adidas does it way better in terms of quality. I guess the drawn out time line was annouced prematurely. If the partnership wasn't announced so far back as 3 years ago, the reception wouldn't have been as "meh" as now. ( 3 years is a long time, but 2 years isn't against industry norm to develop & plan)

Based on the series of events, world conditions, i think Adi / FOG did the best they could to squeeze out product to meet the holiday window., IMO.

Basketballs touched down today. Here are my thougts

- while the materials might not look premium, the construction is premium. Not a loose stitch or glue stain in sight

-I went a half size up. The uppers feel super stiff once you slip them but my pair settled in by like the 4th step some comfort set in

- I’ve said it before but they’re a very “adidas” shoe. The insides feel almost Identical to quantum’s. They hav padding in the same places.

-they’re dope but $250 is knocking on the limits of what I’d pay for these. Just like the qntms, one pair in one colorways is good enough unless they decide to do material changes.

Ignore the denim. That’s just what I was wearing when they came in lol

IMG_8172.jpeg
IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8177.jpeg
IMG_8175.jpeg
Throw in a pair of Crazy Infinity

Not everything is for everyone. Poeple compare this with his preceding collection (with Nike) but looking at the outcome & presentation, Adidas does it way better in terms of quality. I guess the drawn out time line was annouced prematurely. If the partnership wasn't announced so far back as 3 years ago, the reception wouldn't have been as "meh" as now. ( 3 years is a long time, but 2 years isn't against industry norm to develop & plan)

Based on the series of events, world conditions, i think Adi / FOG did the best they could to squeeze out product to meet the holiday window., IMO.
He took so long for the end result to lowkey look like the Nike releases. The Nike releases were better design wise as well. He should have went way left field to create something totally different and show his diversity.
Also he appears to have wanted to go so high end designer type stuff, he should have just went to Dior/LV. People are gonna choose a Nike Tech fleece top and bottom over all that baggy layered stuff he just dropped all day every day.

the more I reflect on it, the more it’s clear that Jerry took the exact same approach with adidas as he did with Nike. Take the Nike basketball aesthetic and throw the Lorenzo/fear of God block sole + rope lace system on it. Replace Nike basketball aesthetic with adidas basketball/texchwear aesthetic in that formula, and you get exactly what was released.

Most people are going to prefer the Nike aesthetic by nature of their popularity and the fact that they did it with FoG first. But anyone who already has the preference for the Nike design aesthetic was always going to like that line more.

The only thing that I would have changed about the basketballs is that I wish they were higher like the FOG 1. But then the criticisms would have been even more about how they’re a takedown of the Nike version lol can’t make everyone happy and I don’t think that was the intention of this line to begin with simply based on price point

bingo - 3 years for all this with all the circumstances you mentioned to bring him on and develop/design all of this is honestly on par with the industry standard of 18 months and also have to take into consideration that it was used to create the whole entire collection that we just saw ranging from both footwear, apparel and pop-up.

not everyone is going to be a fan of the partnership with adi especially having the previous work done with nike, but this is just the beginning and he's gonna have more to come that i assume have been in the works since the start of all this so it wont be as dragged out of a release as these initial products

At the end of the day this collection feels dated, it’s forgettable and doesn’t move the needle at all.
He gotta go back to the drawing board. He’s better than this.

Back
Top Bottom