ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea man, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
laugh.gif
. Some people are so set in their ways they don't understand that paying 1000 for something you can get 2000 for in the aftermarket is a steal.
It's not a steal. How is it stealing something at $1000 when you could have bought it probably minutes prior to that at $200?
^^what this guy said
Supply and demand does dictate a price, but it's the fools that pay that price that keep the market the way it is.
They just don't get it 
laugh.gif

They sound like the dudes who miss out then bash the shoe and others for copping
Not bashing the shoes at all. All I'm saying is that if I miss out at retail, I won't pay a further $1000 to get that same $200 pair of shoes. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
It's not a steal. How is it stealing something at $1000 when you could have bought it probably minutes prior to that at $200?
because it is difficult to purchase at 200. If you can walk in the store and buy it at 200 but choose to pay 1000, then that's something different. But with yeezys you have to deal with raffles, camping out and the resale market does dictate a certain value on the sneaker. So if people are buying it for significantly above the resale price you paid then it is a steal whether you look at it like that or not. What you can't call it is an under retail sale

Edit: It's your prerogative to pass at a certain price on the sneakers. The market is too big to say buyers not buying will lower price. Adidas or nike has that power when they create production numbers and artifical hype etc. Sometimes people see through the artifical hype like they are doing with nike right now but other times people eat it up and are willing to pay exorbitant prices. One person passing on resell won't change that in the slightest

Last edited:
yea man, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink :lol: . Some people are so set in their ways they don't understand that paying 1000 for something you can get 2000 for in the aftermarket is a steal.

^^what this guy said
Supply and demand does dictate a price, but it's the fools that pay that price that keep the market the way it is.

They just don't get it :lol:

They sound like the dudes who miss out then bash the shoe and others for copping
Not bashing the shoes at all. All I'm saying is that if I miss out at retail, I won't pay a further $1000 to get that same $200 pair of shoes. Pretty simple.

They just don't get it :lol:

yea man, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink :lol:. Some people are so set in their ways they don't understand that paying 1000 for something you can get 2000 for in the aftermarket is a steal.
What you guys don't seem to get is that some people don't see it the way you guys see it. To someone willing to pay resale, or selling the shoe, it could be considered a steal. To people who only purchase at retail it would not be considered a steal. I've copped a few shoes on resell for below the average resale price and never considered it a steal, LOL. I understand that's just me but there's more than 1 POV...

i remember the days when the shoes sold because they were actually dope, not because they were limited. Exclusivity got a whole generation of people prepared to play themselves at any costs every weekend. When the brands can sell something other than exclusiveness, we'll be alright. But as long as they know they can literally throw out ANYTHING and call it limited or attach the right "influencer" to it and have it cause a frenzy, I doubt they'll change anytime soon. Yeezys will never be easily obtainable.

What you guys don't seem to get is that some people don't see it the way you guys see it. To someone willing to pay resale, or selling the shoe, it could be considered a steal. To people who only purchase at retail it would not be considered a steal. I've copped a few shoes on resell for below the average resale price and never considered it a steal, LOL. I understand that's just me but there's more than 1 POV...
yea I understand that, but business wise whatever you can double your money on or whatever is a steal. There's probably other perspectives of people who make so much money that they don't got time to worry about that chump change, but from the consumers perspective it is a steal. There are definitely people who are retail only and get mad if you offer a shoe for 50 over box even if the shoe is going for significantly more, but that's life. Everyone has different philosophies and as long as they are in the realm of reality and nothing sick i respect them all, whether i agree with them or not

$600 retail price for the 350s? That is at least as absurd as the resell prices.

Adidas has just to increase the production numbers. That's the only way to improve the current situation.
dont think that wil help unless they just mass produce , because certain people are well equipped to cop like 12 pairs of sneakers in 3 seconds.  The resellers will just by more product. 

Yea wtf is going on? If you make money that's always a positive. Losing money shall be viewed as the fat L you take on release day.

I payed 1.4k for deadstock size 9 TD's

and think it is close to a steal, considering they are going for 2.1k+

only reason i made such a crazy purchase was thanks to reselling a pair of 750's that were not my size,

so essentially i didn't buy them with "my money" and still kept $700 in profit

For me yeezys are retail or bust, I can't see myself spending 1K-3K on a Adidas or Nike.
what if it isn't your money essentially, like profit money

like you managed to cop a pair of yeezys at 200$, sold them at like 2k, now you can use that money to buy that colorway/pair that you are dying for and want really bad, 

and you will still have about 1k left

would you not do it?

Believe it or not, you are already paying MORE at "retail" because your aren't paying the "cost of goods sold price." :nerd:

Lol hype/exclusivness/design. These are the 3 factors. But I have lost repeatedly on yeezy purchase tryouts that Addidas has been running. Yeezy's changes alot of people's minds on resell value when they have a pair in hand. Me and my homeboy got into sneakers around 2011-2012 with heavy collecting. I must say we both had dreams of rocking yeezy's one day. Do you know this full Willie as dude had copped three pair for retail and wouldn't sell me a pair for 500$. He's my friend mind you (Was My Friend!). Wanted me to pay 800$. Think yeezy's is like a virus you get bit and lose all moral codes. Doofy sold all pairs for 800 now we both could've still had pairs. Long story short these sneakers ate a different animal all because of the three factors I listed

Edit:lucked up on a Adidas random release. Smh "Used to be my dawg, You was in my left tittie scream ride or die I thought you would ride wit me!"

Last edited:
what if it isn't your money essentially, like profit money

like you managed to cop a pair of yeezys at 200$, sold them at like 2k, now you can use that money to buy that colorway/pair that you are dying for and want really bad, 

and you will still have about 1k left

would you not do it?
I would not, i wouldn't want to stop a kid from getting them for retail if I knew I was gonna flip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom