ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they won't

Cuz people will not be able pay that $300

LSZN
Just cause like 10% of people wouldn't pay $300 for 350s doesn't mean they still won't sell out instantly. Those people not willing to pay $300 probably don't even own a pair by choice

Would you be ok with adidas marking up the same exact RAF Simons shoe to $545?
Don't buy it.

Store accounts have been passing on Yeezy since MR bait and switch Adidas pulled on them. $800-$2500 retail on clothes they couldn't move. Stores took a loss and effectively sold MRs at resell to recoup.

Adidas is currently employing the "hype machine" that worked for Nike, but banking on boost to hold the attention of buyers.

Aside from NT, and hype cities, UBs and NMDs sit in most locales. 

Adidas is riding the social media measure of success based on hype and hashtags. They're, for lack of a better word, funneling the same shoes all year to create a false demand. 

Last edited:
Don't buy it.

Store accounts have been passing on Yeezy since MR bait and switch Adidas pulled on them. $800-$2500 retail on clothes they couldn't move. Stores took a loss and effectively sold MRs at resell to recoup.

Adidas is currently employing the "hype machine" that worked for Nike, but banking on boost to hold the attention of buyers.

Aside from NT, and hype cities, UBs and NMDs sit in most locales. 

Adidas is riding the social media measure of success based on hype and hashtags. They're, for lack of a better word, funneling the same shoes all year to create a false demand. 
So the way to solve this is by marking up the msrp by almost 40%?

$300 is a lot for a made in China shoe with no premium materials, but Adidas already has all the hypebeasts by their sacks. They're probably thinking, "Why let all the resellers profit off our goods? Let's get our cut."

If Adidas wanted to, they could make the price $895 like a Rick collab (which sadly are also made in China). Some will buy, some won't. Then when they mark the price down to $495 at end of season clearance, they will sell the rest at still-high profit margins.

Last edited:
I know I said I was tired of black 350s but lemme get those and I'm done 
laugh.gif

No it won't
laugh.gif

Do yo see how many people quickly pay resell as soon as they strike out

These could retail $350 and sell out just as quick as they did at $220
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I never said they wouldn't sell out. I was talking more about how the increased price might discourage certain buyers to shell out 300 bucks on a not-exactly-premium shoe made in China. I mean, there are posters on here put off by it already. Just my opinion.

So the way to solve this is by marking up the msrp by almost 40%?

[emoji]128017[/emoji] gonna [emoji]128017[/emoji]

A lot of us refused to pay $250 after tax for TB3 so people need to speak with their wallets.

At $200 yeezys were too expensive [emoji]128514[/emoji]

[emoji]128017[/emoji] gonna [emoji]128017[/emoji]

A lot of us refused to pay $250 after tax for TB3 so people need to speak with their wallets.

At $200 yeezys were too expensive [emoji]128514[/emoji]

While I don't agree on the constant price increases, JB tried to at least play the "remastered, better quality" card.

How is Adidas' marketing going to justify the sudden increase in price? :lol: "Uhhh we just want more money"

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I never said they wouldn't sell out. I was talking more about how the increased price might discourage certain buyers to shell out 300 bucks on a not-exactly-premium shoe made in China. I mean, there are posters on here put off by it already. Just my opinion.

But they're buyers who will pay $2k for turtle doves, 1k plus for other 350s. Double and triple retail for v2s.

$300 is nothing.

Jordan sells out on $400 shoes.

This isn't the most budget conscious generation. Today's logic...shoes goes to outlet = bad thing.

We live in a day and age when folks WANT to pay 3k to be different.

While I don't agree on the constant price increases, JB tried to at least play the "remastered, better quality" card.

How is Adidas' marketing going to justify the sudden increase in price? :lol: "Uhhh we just want more money"

"Yeezus said so"

No it won't :lol:

Do yo see how many people quickly pay resell as soon as they strike out

These could retail $350 and sell out just as quick as they did at $220

Of course we're put off by it but people are still gonna pay it

Resell is always above retail so really it doesn't matter :lol:

How is Adidas' marketing going to justify the sudden increase in price?
laugh.gif
"Uhhh we just want more money"
they added the pull tab duh...

Anyone know what an invoice is suppose to look like when someone sends you one? Never really did invoices before. I am the buyer btw. Will rep TIA

Last edited:

People often talk about the price increase and bring up the remastered program Let's also not ignore the the fact that JB/Nike raised prices and improved customer buying infrastructure tenfold. It is now easier than it ever has been to purchase 99% of retroes that drop with no hassle and without paying resale. From the retail level to the outlets. People think that retroes are at outlets because they don't sell, when in fact Nike did all of this by design AND we helped pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom