ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All foot stores should be on the app by end of the year. the wave of the app started on the east and spread to the west coast by oct/nov last year.

Now some cities that aren't hot markets may take a bit longer to be on same accord as the rest of us.

Let them take as loooooooong as possible. We good here. [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Stores taking $200 a pair through the backdoor and selling their whole stock to IG resellers. Don't see how they can still do that when some have to do the raffle through the app.

I know for a FACT that companies like FTL can automatically park 10% of the pairs for the managers / employees.

My local store got over 80 yeezys (Oreos)
So that's automatically 8 pairs that can go out the door, no questions asked.

I know for a FACT that companies like FTL can automatically park 10% of the pairs for the managers / employees.

My local store got over 80 yeezys (Oreos)
So that's automatically 8 pairs that can go out the door, no questions asked.

Damn I didn't know that. I figured they could do an employee hold or two but 10% is nuts. Also, I know of a specific store that unloads their entire inventory of heat releases especially yzy to the same guy. But yet they still hold a "raffle" to play everybody. **** is messed up.

Finally had a moment at end of day to catch up:

-Thank you always BabyJ for the links/raffles list. Unprecedented here in the yzy thread.

-The things that go on in this thread before a release. Always good for a laugh. Just think what will happen when he actually hits on a retail pair. Boost thread people know what I'm talking about.

Seriously though, good luck to all.
This thread's going to be ridiculous this month.

Finally had a moment at end of day to catch up:

-Thank you always BabyJ for the links/raffles list. Unprecedented here in the yzy thread.

:wink:

-The things that go on in this thread before a release. Always good for a laugh. Just think what will happen when he actually hits on a retail pair. Boost thread people know what I'm talking about.

:nerd:

Seriously though, good luck to all.
This thread's going to be ridiculous this month.

Just caught up reading the last 30 or so pages... Man, things def pick up on here when a release is forthcoming. Brings out the good, the bad, and the ratchet in folks 
roll.gif

Ok so I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten a pair of "Oreo" Yeezy boost 350 v2 with 9 of the little dots on the exposed boost on the sole or if it was just me? I know they are legit so that is not a concern seeing as I got my pair off of Adidas when they launched after waiting an hour and a half on the splash page but I was just wondering if I was the only one with a pair like that or if it was just kinda hit and miss depending on the size you ordered? And also if that will give me any trouble if I try to sell them? I was probably going to sell them to get the Bred 350 v2s that drop on the 11th if I don't get lucky and get them off Adidas but I'm wondering if this is a very uncommon thing will give me trouble sending them to stockx or somewhere like that? 

Thanks in Advance guys!

There's a video out there with this guy talking about how he gets it, he has multiple backdoors and he pays them a couple hundred on top of retail for each pair. Benjamin kicks doesn't get 100 of them for $110, the wording is a bit confusing but you mean an extra $110 per pair?
No. Benjamin Kicks and Allen Kuo get other people to give them money and they front the cost of the pairs. They will buy other's pairs at $300-$400 and sell them at market value. A good business for them because of their reach/exposure, but they aren't getting pairs at retail (at least not many).

Actual stores (Footsites, Consortium, Kith) get the pairs at wholesale which is $110, from my understanding. Which is why they don't give two craps about bots buying up all their pairs because they're still making tons of money off of retail.

Allen pays stores 2-3x retail. He paid 8-1k for the glows and lost his ***.[emoji]128514[/emoji]

He started cleaning out outlets of free runs and anything lebron to sell overseas. He still goes up and Down California and Texas when it's yzy season.

He had a falling out with sole stage but since partnered with another owner who rebranded the store to online.

Allen pays stores 2-3x retail. He paid 8-1k for the glows and lost his ***.[emoji]128514[/emoji]

He started cleaning out outlets of free runs and anything lebron to sell overseas. He still goes up and Down California and Texas when it's yzy season.

He had a falling out with sole stage but since partnered with another owner who rebranded the store to online.

Lol Nike Frees and GR Lebrons actually resell overseas?

Internet fame getting into the kid's head. The warning flag went up when dude readily admitted he wasn't into yzys or shoes in general. Playing with family funds only gets you so far. Playing a Game dude doesn't understand will be an expensive lesson. Way to embarrass himself. Funny.

And how are dudes mad about 10% of shoes going to employees :lol:

If there 80 pairs u mad about 8 people getting them? There's 72 pairs left for petes sake, damn the people that work there want a pair too **** :smh: whether it's to flip or to keep they work there that's their perk

And how are dudes mad about 10% of shoes going to employees
laugh.gif

If there 80 pairs u mad about 8 people getting them? There's 72 pairs left for petes sake, damn the people that work there want a pair too ****
mean.gif
whether it's to flip or to keep they work there that's their perk
Their perk is a discount. They want the shoes they need to enter raffles just like everybody else IMO

And how are dudes mad about 10% of shoes going to employees :lol:

If there 80 pairs u mad about 8 people getting them? There's 72 pairs left for petes sake, damn the people that work there want a pair too **** :smh: whether it's to flip or to keep they work there that's their perk

You think some places actually follow that "10%" number?
Don't think Adidas Corp employees get yzys just because they happen to work there. There's enough shady stuff going on for releases.

Their perk is a discount. They want the shoes they need to enter raffles just like everybody else IMO

That's dumb bro. I just don't agree. Keep your employees happy, I'm not saving give each employee 50 pairs but they should atleast be able to get one pair each.

You think some places actually follow that "10%" number?
Don't think Adidas Corp employees get yzys just because they happen to work there. There's enough shady stuff going on for releases.

A lot of places do. And yeah they don't which is dumb. How u work for adidas and can't even get yeezys, that's ******ed.

I remember when I worked at Hoh like 5 years ago, some Lebron Xs came out, think it was the gold medals. My manager told me I had to put in a raffle ticket to get the shoes LOL you shoulda seen my face. That was the beginning of the end for FTL in my future...but it's crazy now they started back letting employees get the kicks again

Ain't no way I'm coming to work every day putting up with customers crap, for the already sorry minimum wage + the stingy commission they give(it actually recently got better I heard) and you take away the BEST perk about working there. They already don't let u get a discount on a lot of the good stuff so now You tellin me I gotta try to win a raffle at a place I work at ? :rofl: dumbest thing I've ever heard

Last edited:
Smartest way is to just designate a couple pairs for an in-house employee raffle.. It's essentially a $500 bonus they're handing them. I'd like to know another entry level retail position which hands out $500 of equity every couple of weeks to it's employees + their wages. 

"Putting up with customer's crap" is part of the job description. No one asked them to work there and they're free to quit at any time.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea, in house raffle. I think we did that once

But the employees not getting the shoes is like southwest employees not flying for free. Makes no sense. Let them ppl eat. If your brother or cousin was working there and was getting you the shoes retail it would all be gravy :lol: ppl complain on here about instore shadiness but then scoop 10 pairs with a bot :smh: crazy

Last edited:

Smartest way is to just designate a couple pairs for an in-house employee raffle.. It's essentially a $500 bonus they're handing them. I'd like to know another entry level retail position which hands out $500 of equity every couple of weeks to it's employees + their wages. 

"Putting up with customer's crap" is part of the job description. No one asked them to work there and they're free to quit at any time.
Not everyone buys to resell, nor does everyone view shoes as money. To them it may be a $220 sneaker that they actually want to wear...

Southwest employees require some sort of qualifications and those who qualify at such positions which deserve some sort of reciprocal bonuses for their work. There's not much of a lower qualifying need than an entry-level retail job at Footlocker. There's just no way someone can reason with me and say, 'based on their qualifications, they deserve hundreds of equity bonuses bi-weekly due to the difficulty of their job'. Let them have dibs on the "Royalty" Jordan 4s, but when it comes to a shoe that can singularly double their salary.. I don't think so.

Last edited:

Not everyone buys to resell, nor does everyone view shoes as money. To them it may be a $220 sneaker that they actually want to wear...
What they choose to do with the pair isn't the concern, it's value. You can not realistically incentivize minimum-wage employees with hundreds of dollars of equity or value bonuses in addition to their wages. It's the same basis as why bartenders house wages are cut below state minimum because of their potential earning in tips. 

Last edited:

What they choose to do with the pair isn't the concern, it's value. You can not realistically incentivize minimum-wage employees with hundreds of dollars of equity or value bonuses in addition to their wages. It's the same basis as why bartenders house wages are cut below state minimum because of their potential earning in tips. 
Blame the people creating a strong secondary market for shoes. Comparing potential value for shoes in a secondary market and earnings in tips is farfetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom