ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not questioning the formula for the generation of hype, which this undoubtably has, I'm more coming of from our perspective. How can we as buyers buy into hype to the extent that you'd be willing to pay 1k or more on soft material shoes.

There is liking a shoe, wanting to be seen in what is considered exclusive and also being a Yeezy fan but the resale game on this is now in sheer lunancy territory.
Michael Jordan was Nikes OG hype man, kids were skipping school throughout the 90's to cop limited jordans, not much has changed.

It's simple supply and demand. As long as people are paying 800+ for Yeezys, the price will remain that high. Unless the supply or the demand drastically change for some reason, the prices aren't changing.

Friendly reminder that if you're going to post your W please do NOT include the order #.

Also agreed with @happydayz  I think we all get the hype it's just that some of these shoes like the PB 350s are commanding an insane price and they aren't even that rare relative to say the Air Yeezys, and the construction and materials definitely aren't worth that much. The same goes for Air Yeezys. It's all crazy.

Michael Jordan was Nikes OG hype man, kids were skipping school throughout the 90's to cop limited jordans, not much has changed.

What does that say for applying any sort of semblance of common logic to purchases though? I understand really wanting something and would probably pay double retail if I really really wanted it but 5 times, come on. People are getting swept up in the hype and not applying rationale thinking. I'd be pretty salty a few months down the line when reflecting on a 1k 350 purchase.

I'm not questioning the formula for the generation of hype, which this undoubtably has, I'm more coming from our perspective. How can we as buyers buy into hype to the extent that you'd be willing to pay 1k or more on soft material shoes.

There is liking a shoe, wanting to be seen in what is considered exclusive and also being a Yeezy fan but the resale game on this is now in sheer lunancy territory.

Lol It really feels like that , feels like part of a down payment on a small car , half a mortgage payment , rent for a month , car insurance for 3 months etc.
But here is my justification :

Let's say you didn't cook on any of the 6 yeezy releases in 2015 and you had the money to afford all 6.
2015 had (4) 350s and (2) 750. If you were to buy all at retail you would have spent roughly 2300 give or take with taxes.

Now you have this extra income. Adidas is now the big sheriff in town. And your other favorite brands Nike / Jordan are not having the best year. So you don't buy all the GR drops.
So you have more money to blow on a hyped release. In a year you can easily spend 2k + on sneakers. So why not drop 1k on a pair you like when the sneaker game has been in a drought.

That's how my homie explained it. He used to buy a lot and now he buys maybe 8 a year or less. So with the extra money he can afford to pay resale comfortably.
It's dudes who are broke paying 1k that I worry about. Most of us adults can swing it though with the right attitude.

Last edited:
sick.gif

Lol It really feels like that , feels like part of a down payment on a small car , half a mortgage payment , rent for a month , car insurance for 3 months etc.
But here is my justification :

Let's say you didn't cook on any of the 6 yeezy releases in 2015 and you had the money to afford all 6.
2015 had (4) 350s and (2) 750. If you were to buy all at retail you would have spent roughly 2300 give or take with taxes.

Now you have this extra income. Adidas is now the big sheriff in town. And your other favorite brands Nike / Jordan are not having the best year. So you dont buy all the GR drops.
So you have more money to blow on a hyped release. In a year you can easily spend 2k+ on sneakers. So why not drop 1k on a pair you like when the sneaker game has been in a drought.

That's how my homie explained it. He used to buy alot and now he buys maybe 8 a year or less. So with the extra money he can afford to pay resale comfortably.
It dudes who are broke paying 1k that I worry about. Most of us adults can swing it though with the right attitude.

Yes but that is still just a way of justifying a 1k payment on one item. You could apply that logic to every release you missed but ultimately in interim you will have bought additional sneakers or other things with that cash. You need to view the purchase in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom