ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major downsizing of the collection. Gonna go from just over 100 pairs to 30 over the next year.

Throwing in the towel, pretty much. Its time

lowest they had was $1750 (size 10) so i told them to put them up for $1600. Whoever bought them didn't care about the box. I know most people would fork over the extra $150 to have original box.

Nice, that's my size too! I've got a few DS pairs...not sure I want to cash in yet.

Are they even moving from FC at $1750?

Major downsizing of the collection. Gonna go from just over 100 pairs to 30 over the next year.

Throwing in the towel, pretty much. Its time
trying to buy a house or something? I got near 200 worn pairs in my crib and was thinking about this but most of my shoes have a story so I doubt ima sell em any time soon

I can't tell. Its been $1750 for a while, but I doubt those are the same pairs sitting. I saw $1200 about 10 days ago online and thought the market dropped, but maybe that was a mistake. They must get Yeezy's coming in all day. There were 4 rows probably 20 pairs high right behind the register in the "to be put away pile." Really surprised the guy looked them over only 6-8 seconds considering i had replacement box.

Nice to Be A VIP at BR
BR is so crooked. Totally lame how they backdoor everything leaving customers to take the L. Ro and everyone at BR can go kick rocks. Between Revive and them it's sad how the stores around here all about money and not doing it for the culture. 

Yes I'm salty.

trying to buy a house or something? I got near 200 worn pairs in my crib and was thinking about this but most of my shoes have a story so I doubt ima sell em any time soon

No, its just time. Turning 42 this year and I get to wear sneakers MAYBE once a week. Tired of the space they take up. When you bump into shoes and think "I forgot i had those," to me, thats time.

Keeping royals, shadows, black toes, and black/red AJ1, BC/WC/TB AJ3, WC/BC AJ4, Black/red AJ11, Playoff AJ13's, and all my UB and FK's. Just the essentials.

I usually keep 3-4 pairs of AM1's in the car (used and new) and give them out to the homeless. So if you're in Santa Monica and you see homeless dudes with AM1's on........:rofl:

With kids growing up and playing sports, I just can't wear Jordans like I use to. And to be honest, comfort is more important to me now.

No, its just time. Turning 42 this year and I get to wear sneakers MAYBE once a week. Tired of the space they take up. When you bump into shoes and think "I forgot i had those," to me, thats time.

Keeping royals, shadows, black toes, and black/red AJ1, BC/WC/TB AJ3, WC/BC AJ4, Black/red AJ11, Playoff AJ13's, and all my UB and FK's. Just the essentials.

I usually keep 3-4 pairs of AM1's in the car (used and new) and give them out to the homeless. So if you're in Santa Monica and you see homeless dudes with AM1's on........
roll.gif

With kids growing up and playing sports, I just can't wear Jordans like I use to. And to be honest, comfort is more important to me now.
But the Yeezy's are up to par with UB's. Maybe not as comfortable to most, including me. Granted they're worth like 5-8x more expensive than a pair of UB at retail.

BR is so crooked. Totally lame how they backdoor everything leaving customers to take the L. Ro and everyone at BR can go kick rocks. Between Revive and them it's sad how the stores around here all about money and not doing it for the culture. 

Yes I'm salty.

I didn't know Burn Rubber was a non profit organization . cool :pimp:

i prefer UB's, by a mile. Comfort, design, everything. Maybe its just me.

But don't get me wrong, TD's are beautiful. The only 350 I liked. But they weren't dope enough for me to keep. Fully intended to wear them but as time went on, I knew they wouldn't get any playing time.

Last edited:

Yes I'm salty.
Awwwwwww 

I use to be like that in my younger years I once had a collection of 2500-3000 pairs of shoes in talking DS pairs and had a completely different rotation of shoes I wore which was well into the high hundreds I would have 4-5 pairs of the same shoe etc...

But as I got older it was literally like wtf am I doing lol I'm not even talking about money(which was a lot) but space I had a room filled you could barely walk into because it was so many boxes

Decided to sell them and thankfully made all my money and then some back took me around 3-4 years to sell majority of them still have a few that were hard to part with like unkle dunks for example

Just looked at it as I have the memories and stories in my head why am I holding a massive amount of something by design that is meant to be perishable

I'm down to maybe 350 pairs give or take from my initial collection/rotation

Moving them all here and there it's a process lol

I usually keep 3-4 pairs of AM1's in the car (used and new) and give them out to the homeless. So if you're in Santa Monica and you see homeless dudes with AM1's on........:rofl:

I'll be 36 this summer and I totally agree with the comfort aspect I feel like Nike makes some of the most ****** quality in regards to comfort for a few years now granted some exceptions(presto, airmax etc..)

I simply find asics new balance saucony ultraboosts(heaven) the way to go

Guess I just got old lol

Damn 3000 pairs? That's a lot. Guess by the time I reach ya'll age my collection will be somewhere near there :lol:.
At that point selling each pair at 100 each is a win, that's a lot of paper

I use to be like that in my younger years I once had a collection of 2500-3000 pairs of shoes in talking DS pairs and had a completely different rotation of shoes I wore which was well into the high hundreds I would have 4-5 pairs of the same shoe etc...

But as I got older it was literally like wtf am I doing lol I'm not even talking about money(which was a lot) but space I had a room filled you could barely walk into because it was so many boxes

Decided to sell them and thankfully made all my money and then some back took me around 3-4 years to sell majority of them still have a few that were hard to part with like unkle dunks for example

Just looked at it as I have the memories and stories in my head why am I holding a massive amount of something by design that is meant to be perishable

I'm down to maybe 350 pairs give or take from my initial collection/rotation

Moving them all here and there it's a process lol
I'll be 36 this summer and I totally agree with the comfort aspect I feel like Nike makes some of the most ****** quality in regards to comfort for a few years now granted some exceptions(presto, airmax etc..)

I simply find asics new balance saucony ultraboosts(heaven) the way to go

Guess I just got old lol

I also had that WTF am I doing moment too.

Been doing some downgrading lately as well. Used to be all over the board with all the Nike bball sigs, plus retro running shoes, etc. Kobe is my guy so I'm not going anywhere with that, basically paring it down to Kobes & Ultra Boosts. And God willing, a pair of Yeezys at retail. Don't think I'll pay resale again, once is enough.

Damn 3000 pairs? That's a lot. Guess by the time I reach ya'll age my collection will be somewhere near there
laugh.gif

At that point selling each pair at 100 each is a win, that's a lot of paper

dude it was BAD

like looking back at it i cant believe it got that out of control

it was kinda cool here and there all my friends would like to come over just to look through boxes lol

and my collection was very diverse since im older i had everything from footpatrol airstabs to mita courtforces dunks(early 2000 inline releases were CRAZY) sb's and that time was easily the peak time where AF1's were like amazing as well as the SB line

i still have some shoes i just dont know if i can part with like the unkles or my stash air forces(low) i also have the friends and family version of the SBTG sb's

i have 2 pairs of white melvins which to me are the most underated SB of all time

see im starting to nerd out here talking about it lol

im about to start scratching myself like a junkie lol the urge never goes away lol

but like i said i got lucky because i never planned to sell it just kinda was time as silly as it may sound and it ended up being a great investment i never planned lol

when i see dudes like clark kent and mayor talking about the madness of their collections i totally get what they are saying its almost another full time job just maintaining it all lol

Been doing some downgrading lately as well. Used to be all over the board with all the Nike bball sigs, plus retro running shoes, etc. Kobe is my guy so I'm not going anywhere with that, basically paring it down to Kobes & Ultra Boosts. And God willing, a pair of Yeezys at retail. Don't think I'll pay resale again, once is enough.

i havent paid resell for a shoe possibly in uhhh 10 years

if i can not obtain it for box price on to the next

only way i would do it is if it was a gift for my nephew or something and i had no choice

even then it would have to be within reason lol

i havent paid resell for a shoe possibly in uhhh 10 years

if i can not obtain it for box price on to the next

only way i would do it is if it was a gift for my nephew or something and i had no choice

even then it would have to be within reason lol
Yea I didn't mind paying the resale for the BB PB, wanted them badly and was bummed out missing the first drop, didn't mind paying the difference. If there was a TD restock coming back and the same source I used for the PBs had them, I'd be tempted. Sometimes I like to splurge a bit to remind myself why it's worth sitting at a desk for 5 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom