ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3142.GIF

Smh the wave is over once that dude hops on smh

Not a wave when we have been doing it for years.

Dudes hopping into an already situated wave via a jet ski assist.

Can't stand up on a board on their own.

Reactions: JPS
Is the dad shoe/Sketchers look a trend now? I know Drake wore Monarchs recently.

There is zero doubt that runners/trainers (or dad shoes) is the latest trend.

But just in general, Is everyone seemingly forgetting that Kanye is a 40yo dad? lmfao. is it at all that surprising that he'd create a shoe that fits his current life?

Also, perhaps take some of these words directly from the father of dad shoes (creator of the Monarch we know and "love") and just chill:
Here’s the deal: So much of the sneaker industry has become SO serious. It has become so driven by fashion, struggle and melancholy, and these things that are based on dystopian futures. The Monarch is about a shoe that is happy, that is involved, that most likely has a mustache with no beard that loves Miller High Life, relaxed fitting denim, and a BBQ in the backyard.

There is zero doubt that runners/trainers (or dad shoes) is the latest trend.

But just in general, Is everyone seemingly forgetting that Kanye is a 40yo dad? lmfao. is it at all that surprising that he'd create a shoe that fits his current life?

Also, perhaps take some of these words directly from the father of dad shoes (creator of the Monarch we know and "love") and just chill:
Here’s the deal: So much of the sneaker industry has become SO serious. It has become so driven by fashion, struggle and melancholy, and these things that are based on dystopian futures. The Monarch is about a shoe that is happy, that is involved, that most likely has a mustache with no beard that loves Miller High Life, relaxed fitting denim, and a BBQ in the backyard.

Runners/trainers are a huge umbrella of shoes-"dad shoes" are a much more specific type of runner/trainers.

Technically, runners/trainers have never really gone out of style since they were conceived since the majority of Nike/Adidas sold over the past few decades have been these type of shoes. The "dad shoe" trend is a recent development.

Also, Miller High Life sucks and that description basically fits this dude (Jeffrey Dahlmer):

Jeffrey-dahmer.jpg

1408121673000-AP-DAHMER-BELONGINGS-369833.JPG

All this 350 talk

Seems like the 750 one and done type thing which makes me look back at the shoe

What do y'all rate them best to worst?

For me as a owner of all 4:

OGs
Grey Gums
Triple Black
Chocolates

I still want the black upper with gum sole to drop. If not I may have to find a cheap pair of chocs and do a custom job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom