ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are some of yall so tight over what the next man likes and chooses to spend HIS money on.

Just cuz YOU don't like the Yeezy Boosts, doesn't mean they trash
some peeps got zero leg room for stuff out of their comfort zone, which is A OK- no big deal

whats funny though is the aesthetics on this shoe are so polarizing to peeps that liked kanye when he was with nike that they're convinced someone can't actually find anything to like about this new, entirely different shoe and that is silly

Reactions: God
These have a chukka boot vibe to them. When I think of them in that light I kinda like them. I don't know if I $350 like them, but they're not bad.

f*** everybody involved in the making of this shoe if its only 3k made

its gonna be hundreds of thousands trying to grab these, that number is just rude
with that said. yea I'll admit these are plain or lacking that Nike yeezy wow. BUT. i can wear these with my outfits. and yes I could buy other designer shoes like this that go but it doesn't give me the satisfaction of the cop of something cool. I can't get that from a shoe like a cole haan and I refuse to drop 800 on a margiela.
its worth it for a dope shoe thats readily available

Its not even about comfort zone its about a shoe having form even though it has zero function. This shoe looks like it was thrown together. None of the design influences mesh it wants to be part desert boot, chelsea boot, Sneaker . Yet has no form to it just looks like pieces of suede and nubuck sewn unto a boost sole. Kanye isn't a good designer he doesnt understand how to create a product that translates well. Thats why he had the guys from Nike help him bring concrete lines to his abstract and whimsical drawings. This shoe looks like concept art come to life. Nothing about it says it has a basis for actual usage. People can talk about taste and all that crap about art. But here is the thing even fashion sneakers have some actual gravity to them. Even the more abstract and whimsical shoes tend to have designs that make sense. I wouldnt expect this shoe to actually be for sale past the runway . The issue with HIgh Fashion and high fashions ever growing influence on Sneakers is that its slowly sapping the heritage and influence of thinking a design through. A fashion article has no utilitarian purpose . Its expressive not protective thats why high end brands steal from streetwear and black style so frequently now . You see fashion brands steal durags copy black hairstyles for the look yet don't understand that many of those styles are just as fashionable as they are protective styles they are natural to the wearer . Durag serves an actual purpose beyond just being a cap .

Kanye is approaching adidas and his fashion with zero common sense apparantly .He keeps saying buzz words about how he wants to be the bridge between high end and what you see in kohls yet he doesn't understand the basics of clothes which is to give them a purpose. He wears most stuff like a costume and you can tell that even in this shoe here it just seems like something cobbled together and thrown together to prove that he can express something.

so if he has other shoes and if they turn out hotter...wonder how it works out

Its not even about comfort zone its about a shoe having form even though it has zero function. This shoe looks like it was thrown together. None of the design influences mesh it wants to be part desert boot, chelsea boot, Sneaker . Yet has no form to it just looks like pieces of suede and nubuck sewn unto a boost sole. Kanye isn't a good designer he doesnt understand how to create a product that translates well. Thats why he had the guys from Nike help him bring concrete lines to his abstract and whimsical drawings. This shoe looks like concept art come to life. Nothing about it says it has a basis for actual usage. People can talk about taste and all that crap about art. But here is the thing even fashion sneakers have some actual gravity to them. Even the more abstract and whimsical shoes tend to have designs that make sense. I wouldnt expect this shoe to actually be for sale past the runway . The issue with HIgh Fashion and high fashions ever growing influence on Sneakers is that its slowly sapping the heritage and influence of thinking a design through. A fashion article has no utilitarian purpose . Its expressive not protective thats why high end brands steal from streetwear and black style so frequently now . You see fashion brands steal durags copy black hairstyles for the look yet don't understand that many of those styles are just as fashionable as they are protective styles they are natural to the wearer . Durag serves an actual purpose beyond just being a cap .

Kanye is approaching adidas and his fashion with zero common sense apparantly .He keeps saying buzz words about how he wants to be the bridge between high end and what you see in kohls yet he doesn't understand the basics of clothes which is to give them a purpose. He wears most stuff like a costume and you can tell that even in this shoe here it just seems like something cobbled together and thrown together to prove that he can express something.
Main reason why Nike decided not invest in Kanye's fantasy creativity, there's really no artistic expression on this particular design.   And this give further clarity as to why Nike limited Kanye's design input on any of Air Yeezy's releases. 

Like I said before, in Kim's insta post she said the first run is a size too big. Like any other product has a first batch, which leads me to believe that these are not limited cause more will be coming.
The only way these will not sit is if they are produced in limited quantity.   I don't see Adidas producing more than 20K on these shoes, remember that they are promoting Yeezy and not the Adidas brand with this release.

And again, I dont think thats what she meant. Adidas sizing at least half size bigger than what most people are used to.

...not to say i do/dont believe more are coming. Could be right about that. I just doubt the sizing is off

Last edited:
comfort zone comment is about how dismissive users that collect can be as displayed ITT, it isn't about not "understanding" this yeezy boost design or the function in footwear design

to go as far as that would just be pretentious

The only way these will not sit is if they are produced in limited quantity.   I don't see Adidas producing more than 20K on these shoes, remember that they are promoting Yeezy and not the Adidas brand with this release.
Good point. I didn't think of that. I guess we can all speculate and say this person said but then this person said this in the end time will tell. Have to sit back wait for it to happen.

Main reason why Nike decided not invest in Kanye's fantasy creativity, there's really no artistic expression on this particular design.   And this give further clarity as to why Nike limited Kanye's design input on any of Air Yeezy's releases. 
Its clear he isn't a designer or collaborator in the sense of Hiroshi Fujiwara a guy who takes pre existing shoes even general foundations of tech and design and works around them or uses his knowledge of sneakers and the culture to create unique pieces or even familiar items that are wearable in basic and simple colors.

Nor is he Yohji Yamamoto where he is capable of taking an abstract design and turn it into an actual product that is well designed and is futuristic yet incoporates older ideas in a new innovative way.

He doesn't know how to design well no matter how much he kicks and screams ,tries to make it an issue of race,classism even though he isn't addressing the actual inequalities and access to resources just the fact that his designs aren't amazing and his celebrity can't beat out the actual talent of folks who have worked extremely hard and built up years worth of knowledge and know how to apply efficiently

Meanwhile over at KTT(Kanye Based Forum) they are eating this up and labeling them as a piece of art

And as long as they sell out, the reception of the shoes will be considered good

after seeing some better pics my opinion has change quite dramatically from "on the fence" to "do want" lol.  its another dope sneaker from Kanye

not gonna bother tho unless they're widely available at some point

Last edited:
Meanwhile over at KTT(Kanye Based Forum) they are eating this up and labeling them as a piece of art

And as long as they sell out, the reception of the shoes will be considered good
Certain fans are just too subjective to look beyond their idols flaws.   In simple terms this shoes is "TERRIBLE", look at the images below and tell me which one looks innovative and artistic. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom