ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If kanye released a line like

Off white/Pyrex, fear of God, and just don it would be a commercial success and be eaten up by the masses you and I known that.

He wants to be in bed with high end fashion and I think he will never get what he wants from them just because how things are built. And he doesn't understand his success in Nike and Adidas means nothing to them.

So I wouldn't say he's unproven he has proven he can design one great and timeless sneaker in the yeezy and one of the most successful artist type sneakers of all time.

But it doesn't matter people will give him credit other will not.

Dude to me always delivers great designs but yeah he shouldn't be crying anymore it was fun at first but come on dude has pop culture in his hands right now he shouldn't be acting the way he does.
What you don't seem to grasp is that Kanye didn't design the Yeezys on his own. He had a team of designers who took what he had in his head and made it real.

The prototype looked half air mag, half y-3.

Ye CAN'T design and is why no one is giving him the time of day.

He is the problem. How you mess up a LV and Nike collab, back to back....EGO.

Jerry Lorenzo and IBN dress him. No one outside of stans think Ye is the second coming of fashion.

What you don't seem to grasp is that Kanye didn't design the Yeezys on his own. He had a team of designers who took what he had in his head and made it real.

Jerry Lorenzo and IBN dress him. No one outside of stans think Ye is the second coming of fashion.
Thank you, you seem to get it!

So your saying the Nike yeezy would be what it is now if it was called Nike air whatever yeah sure

You telling me Jerry Lorenzo would be where he is if he wasn't kanyes boy yeah sure

You telling me ibn would get his own diamonds kick if it wasn't for ye sure

What you don't seem to grasp is kanye has been involved in all of this.

Nike failed giving into kanye because no other artist will release a shoe on the level of kanye

We get it you dislike kanye move on sir

And at you thinking these brands are not giving him the time of day :lol: :lol:

His gripe is they won't allow him to run wild which I understand

The kanye hate is wild :lol:

Last edited:
So your saying the Nike yeezy would be what it is now if it was called Nike air whatever yeah sure

You telling me Jerry Lorenzo would be where he is if he wasn't kanyes boy yeah sure

Nike failed giving into kanye because no other artist will release a shoe on the level of kanye

And at you thinking these brands are not giving him the time of day
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The kanye hate is wild
laugh.gif
His gripe is that the major fashion houses WILL NOT allow him in the door.  the give him a shoe or two and that is it.  Without access to the manufacturers and products that the major fashion houses have access to, Ye stands no chance.

And yes Nike missed out.. the 12,000 pairs of shoes they sold of his makes a big difference.

I like Ye, I would have preferred Nike could work something out with him, but you are giving this guy way too much credit.  You seem to know why he was ranting, so I assume you listened to his interviews and ish, if he is the great designer that you say, why did he lose $10M or $20M trying to do it himself. 

:lol: brands don't give him the time of day.

Dudes gone from designing at lv, Nike, and Adidas pretty sure he's allowed to be a little bothered

laugh.gif
brands don't give him the time of day.

Dudes gone from designing at lv, Nike, and Adidas pretty sure he's allowed to be a little bothered
But why should they give him the time of day?  Cause he is a rapper, who has influence over a group of people?  They hire PROFESSIONAL DESIGNERS, people who have been doing this their whole life, people who have dedicated every minute of their livelihood perfecting their craft.  Why should he get a free pass because he's a star?  Why shouldn't he have to earn it, instead of find a back door into that world.

Come on man..

And at you thinking these brands are not giving him the time of day
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The kanye hate is wild
laugh.gif
Why do you sound so tight about it.....

Dude really dropped knowledge on you and your rebuttal was a much expected Kanye stan response

ohwell.gif

You must've missed like...all his interviews and rants during the yeezus period.
Not saying his ego didn't play a role in why Nike didn't work out for him, but there were some other factors too.
Kanye is pretty much the middle-man between high fashion and the "streetwear" scene, and he's able to culminate the 2 in his own aesthetic.
& Don't bring up Jerry Lorenzo dressing him because Ye been doing his own thing way before FOG.

Your head needs to come out the mans **** for you to understand.

Jerry been into fashion and been had it made before he started working with Ye. Ye came to him, not the other way around.

IBN been a Fairfax regular and already had relationships with Diamond. Collabs don't just happen, they take time. IBN would have had a line with Diamond without Ye.

Does your jaw hurt? You really think Nike lost 
roll.gif

Artist series, albeit existing models, were more innovative than the Yeezy line. Haze, Espo, Stash, Pharrell all had great releases. The only difference is they released pre-social media, pre-sheep stans

His gripe is that the major fashion houses WILL NOT allow him in the door.  the give him a shoe or two and that is it.  Without access to the manufacturers and products that the major fashion houses have access to, Ye stands no chance.

And yes Nike missed out.. the 12,000 pairs of shoes they sold of his makes a big difference.

I like Ye, I would have preferred Nike could work something out with him, but you are giving this guy way too much credit.  You seem to know why he was ranting, so I assume you listened to his interviews and ish, if he is the great designer that you say, why did he lose $10M or $20M trying to do it himself. 

i know what his gripe is and has been.

But people calling him a failure as a designer is a bit of a reach.

And he has designed shoes for a major fashion house lv.

That's the problem he jumped head first into an industry that isn't a street wear/ urban market. He wanted access to things he won't get access into without patients. Was he foolish for thinking because he designed for LV and high fashion loves him and his wife he'd get access to those things yes does that mean he's a bad designer not at all

Jerry been into fashion and been had it made before he started working with Ye. Ye came to him, not the other way around.

IBN been a Fairfax regular and already had relationships with Diamond. Collabs don't just happen, they take time. IBN would have had a line with Diamond without Ye.

Does your jaw hurt? You really think Nike lost :rofl:

Artist series, albeit existing models, were more innovative than the Yeezy line. Haze, Espo, Stash, Pharrell all had great releases. The only difference is they released pre-social media, pre-sheep stans

:lol: fam you hate yeezy it's okay I won't go at someone for what they believe.

Espo had a see through shoe that no one will wear now.

Haze has done models that exist now nothing refreshing

Pharrell has done the same no ones checking for ice creams fam

Let the hate out the heart.

i know what his gripe is and has been.

But people calling him a failure as a designer is a bit of a reach.

And he has designed shoes for a major fashion house lv.

That's the problem he jumped head first into an industry that isn't a street wear/ urban market. He wanted access to things he won't get access into without patients. Was he foolish for thinking because he designed for LV and high fashion loves him and his wife he'd get access to those things yes does that mean he's a bad designer not at all
I wouldn't call him a bad designer, but like @Edshoecator  pointed out he has a team helping him out..  He was assigned a 'designer' by Nike and now Adidas.. he is a think tank, a brain with ideas.

He needs to go at this like he did with his music.  Start from the bottom, bust your ***, be innovative and let his creative genius shine through hard work.  I think hes a genius, a next level music producer and talent rapper but he needs to stop acting like a baby and pretend that anything is owed to him.  Go earn it, make a name for yourself in THEIR WORLD.. don't drop a couple collabs and think you are the next Tom Ford, Tisci, Versace or whatever he thinks he is

Does your jaw hurt? You really think Nike lost :rofl:

Every you said is true except the fact, Futura, Pharell, Haze, Espo, etc.. All had their own color way and picked materials to an original nike shoe (Dunk, Air Force 1&2, AM's, etc..). Kanye actually DESIGNED his own shoe with help of course from Nike developers. First ARTIST to do that.

You must've missed like...all his interviews and rants during the yeezus period.
Not saying his ego didn't play a role in why Nike didn't work out for him, but there were some other factors too.
Kanye is pretty much the middle-man between high fashion and the "streetwear" scene, and he's able to culminate the 2 in his own aesthetic.
& Don't bring up Jerry Lorenzo dressing him because Ye been doing his own thing way before FOG.
How you gonna tell me who is dressing Ye?

I'm know Jerry. Ye came to him through IBN. FOG been 10 plus years in the making. Jerry was into fashion way before Ye took of the POLO and decided to think he was a fashionista.

Jerry styled the Yeezus tour. The pop ups...his ideas.

Yall give Ye WAYYYYY too much credit.

And at the end of the day...Pharrel is way more influential than Ye.

I wouldn't call him a bad designer, but like @Edshoecator
 pointed out he has a team helping him out..  He was assigned a 'designer' by Nike and now Adidas.. he is a think tank, a brain with ideas.

He needs to go at this like he did with his music.  Start from the bottom, bust your ***, be innovative and let his creative genius shine through hard work.  I think hes a genius, a next level music producer and talent rapper but he needs to stop acting like a baby and pretend that anything is owed to him.  Go earn it, make a name for yourself in THEIR WORLD.. don't drop a couple collabs and think you are the next Tom Ford, Tisci, Versace or whatever he thinks he is

Eggcatly his ideas need polishing before he can be on any level of those guys but to downplay the power he holds in fashion right now is ridiculous.

Every you said is true except the fact, Futura, Pharell, Haze, Espo, etc.. All had their own color way and picked materials to an original nike shoe (Dunk, Air Force 1&2, AM's, etc..). Kanye actually DESIGNED his own shoe with help of course from Nike developers. First ARTIST to do that.
I did state, "albeit existing models".

But, HE DIDN'T DESIGN IT.

It's like someone taking credit for designing a Ferrari cause they put new rims on it.

This is fashion. You have an idea, you sketch it, produce it.

Ye had ideas and couldn't produce a sellable shoe. It took Nike designers to do that.

Ye just spent time in Europe, came back to Adidas and said let's put all these other brands models and make me a yeezy 3.

I like Ye the music artist. This new Ye is a stubborn, overbearing BUM

How you gonna tell me who is dressing Ye?

I'm know Jerry. Ye came to him through IBN. FOG been 10 plus years in the making. Jerry was into fashion way before Ye took of the POLO and decided to think he was a fashionista.

Jerry styled the Yeezus tour. The pop ups...his ideas.

Yall give Ye WAYYYYY too much credit.

And at the end of the day...Pharrel is way more influential than Ye.
So far I've agreed with everything you said except Pharrel being more influential.. that aint true.
Eggcatly his ideas need polishing before he can be on any level of those guys but to downplay the power he holds in fashion right now is ridiculous.
He doesn't hold 'power'. There's a difference in being able to buy someone's shirt and pants and put an outfit together, its another thing to design that shirt and pair of pants, pick the right materials, etc.. He doesn't have any power or influence in that world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom