ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if posted but these customs are dope!
honestly that just shows me what a great idea yeezy 350s are on paper but not as impressive in reality

the 950s are the only thing that look right to me, these other shoes all lack a structure to them and 750s look like bricks from the front

Longest I camped for shoes was 18 hours for the SJs in 2009 and I to this day I think that's a bit much.

Longest I've ever camped out was when I picked up my rsvp pair of 2012 Bred 11s from Nike Chi. Longest 45 minutes ever.

Last edited:
People who not camp over here need to fight against the bots (99% strike out) while trying to cop online. Or need to pay resale prices. Simple like that. And everybody over here gets paid time off by the law. I didnt know it is different in the USA.
I´m from Germany also, never camped in my life - I once arrived an hour before the shop opened to get Bred 1s, but that´s about it. 

For each it´s own, but I´m shaking my head everytime I see people setting up tents almost a week before a release. How is sitting in a lawnchair doing nothing for 5 days straight worth it? You could easily get an extra job for that time and make way more then any resale would be. Most shoes here in Germany fetch a maximum of 200 above retail, most Jordans are way lower. 

I got my 350s online without a hassle. Of course, nobody knew it would be that easy to get them, but I couldn´t help to think "damn, the people that camped a week for these must be mad as hell".

How do you camp for multiple days? As soon as you take off to use the bathroom your chair would get tossed across the street.

How do you camp for multiple days? As soon as you take off to use the bathroom your chair would get tossed across the street.

Most people camp in groups and honor the line for getting food and bathroom breaks.

What I could never understand were the people that honored ghost chairs people would leave days before a release then let them keep the spot an hour before release.

Nobody would honor that here in Chicago.

I've seen a mother pull up to the line with a cooler full of sandwiches for her whole family cuz if one left that chair was gone.

I´m from Germany also, never camped in my life - I once arrived an hour before the shop opened to get Bred 1s, but that´s about it. 
For each it´s own, but I´m shaking my head everytime I see people setting up tents almost a week before a release. How is sitting in a lawnchair doing nothing for 5 days straight worth it? You could easily get an extra job for that time and make way more then any resale would be. Most shoes here in Germany fetch a maximum of 200 above retail, most Jordans are way lower. 

I got my 350s online without a hassle. Of course, nobody knew it would be that easy to get them, but I couldn´t help to think "damn, the people that camped a week for these must be mad as hell".

Let me answer you as a fellow german you should also know that many companies wont allow their employees working extra jobs on their vacation. And everybody is different of course. You dont like camping well thats your decision. I was happy to get that rare size us 5 that I wanted and another pair of shattered backboards. You copped online but this is not so easy you can consider yourself superlucky. Look how many people in this thread didnt manage to cop a pair online it is ridiculous. Bots and backdoor all over the place. I will surely campout for the black 350s again, it actually can be fun with good people around that you already know and warm weather. Everybody is different and not everyone wants a shoe that bad to do that. And regarding resale most of the shoes I camped out for are hitting 4 digits, nowhere near 200 above retail. Sometimes I am tempted and will sell a pair but most of the kicks I keep for my little collection. I sold the 350s because I saw people had bleeding ankles and the rubber on the sole is coming off easy. How long can I wear these before they fall apart? No comparison to the quality of the 750s. So I sold a 200$ shoe for 1.6k$. I kept the sbb and I know they will last a lot longer than the 350s.

Let me answer you as a fellow german you should also know that many companies wont allow their employees working extra jobs on their vacation. And everybody is different of course. You dont like camping well thats your decision. I was happy to get that rare size us 5 that I wanted and another pair of shattered backboards. You copped online but this is not so easy you can consider yourself superlucky. Look how many people in this thread didnt manage to cop a pair online it is ridiculous. Bots and backdoor all over the place. I will surely campout for the black 350s again, it actually can be fun with good people around that you already know and warm weather. Everybody is different and not everyone wants a shoe that bad to do that. And regarding resale most of the shoes I camped out for are hitting 4 digits, nowhere near 200 above retail. Sometimes I am tempted and will sell a pair but most of the kicks I keep for my little collection. I sold the 350s because I saw people had bleeding ankles and the rubber on the sole is coming off easy. How long can I wear these before they fall apart? No comparison to the quality of the 750s. So I sold a 200$ shoe for 1.6k$. I kept the sbb and I know they will last a lot longer than the 350s.

Nothing you say will make camping for 5 days "cool"

Unless you are a girl ( I'm not sure you are) can you actually fit that 5 or you got it because it sells for the highest amount?

For anyone who copped off a raffle, did the store open early for picking up or was it just normal business hours? For Js I know house of hoops would open before the mall opened to get  it done before it was packed.

Not sure if posted but these customs are dope!
If this was a real model and Kanye wore it, y'all would be all over these 
roll.gif

I think people camp to buy shoes for social reasons. The younger people (under 16) are there to tell their friends how 'dope' & 'sick' it was how they waited 2 days outside of a store for a new sneaker release. Also there to seek approval from the older crowd who were once in their sneakers. The older people (18+) are there to tell their older friends how 'dope' & 'sick' it was how they missed work to wait 2 days outside of a store for a new sneaker release. Maybe they will also think it is a cool story they can tell their own sneaker head kids one day. Also they are there too put the younger people in their place because the older people have been doing this longer.

Just a theory.

I remember camping out for the first yeezy release (tans) and it was honestly one of the better memories I have in terms of collecting sneakers. I camped outside West NYC for about 18 hours a few days after my classes ended. Back then though it wasn't really hectic like it is today there were only as many people camping as they had pairs (about 20 people) and everyone pretty much looked out for each other while we were on line. There was roll call every hour so we were free to walk around the area and even head home for bit if we wanted. Everyone was incredibly friendly and talked about sneakers and releases to help pass the time and whenever anyone got up to get coffee or food they would ask everyone if they wanted anything. People ahead in line even asked each other what size they were going to get and if two people wanted the same size they would compromise in size/fit to make sure everyone could get a size they could wear.

Most people camp in groups and honor the line for getting food and bathroom breaks.

What I could never understand were the people that honored ghost chairs people would leave days before a release then let them keep the spot an hour before release.

Nobody would honor that here in Chicago.

HAPPENS ALL THE TIME HERE IN HOUSTON.

I'm guessing we'll get some 550 boosts somewhere down the line:

350 lows
550 mids
750 highs
950 boots

Edit: not to mention the 150 boost slides I think adidas will pull on us :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom