ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can say what they want about Kanye, and there's a love/hate thing with this design, but Kanye just put Adidas into the resell market for the very first time.  When it came to resell, you thought Nike and Jordan, but Kanye just put Adidas into that box as well.  Speaking of the design, I don't understand the hate towards people who like the shoe.  I don't particularly like it, but to say those who do like it are hypebeasts is silly.  Maybe people simply like the shoe, what's it to anyone else?  Live and let live, but I think it may look nicer in another colorway and another set of materials.  All of the on-foot pics aren't looking too bad tho.

Also, there IS a such thing as one changing his/her mind.  I never knew it was such a crime to change one's mind/opinion about something.  If a person hates it, then it grows on them and they change their mind, so what.  I remember when Jordans originally released and Tinker said of his design style that he wanted people to hate the design at first, and for the design to grow on people.  When the concords originally released, a lot of people hated them, myself included.  I grew to love that shoe/design years later.  

Also, there IS a such thing as one changing his/her mind.  I never knew it was such a crime to change one's mind/opinion about something.  If a person hates it, then it grows on them and they change their mind, so what.  I remember when Jordans originally released and Tinker said of his design style that he wanted people to hate the design at first, and for the design to grow on people.  When the concords originally released, a lot of people hated them, myself included.  I grew to love that shoe/design years later.  
you cant change your mind on here B 
laugh.gif

imagine this shoe would come in solar red.. would love them

anyway, hope they will also released in europe^^

they could release 200-300k pairs of these world wide and not flood the market and make some decent money.

Really hope its not just 3000 pairs or i have no hope in hell coppin.

It doesn't matter which angle we see them from, these things are just awful in design.  Quality and comfort may be good, but damn these are ugly.   Ye loves a good old strap on a shoe doesn't he? lol

Last edited:
People can say what they want about Kanye, and there's a love/hate thing with this design, but Kanye just put Adidas into the resell market for the very first time.  When it came to resell, you thought Nike and Jordan, but Kanye just put Adidas into that box as well.  Speaking of the design, I don't understand the hate towards people who like the shoe.  I don't particularly like it, but to say those who do like it are hypebeasts is silly.  Maybe people simply like the shoe, what's it to anyone else?  Live and let live, but I think it may look nicer in another colorway and another set of materials.  All of the on-foot pics aren't looking too bad tho.

Adidas has been in the resell market,
Jeremy Scott's, raf Simons, y-3s, Rick Owens, those king push pairs.

Lol, right. I don't know what this dude's talking about.

I'm confident that a good number will be had. Just wait for the wide release nyc is used to build hype

None of them shoes above are resell worthy. They're priced so high to begin with you would see little to no profit by reselling. Only Jeremy Scott's I remember that flew were the OG Teddy Bears that Wayne rocked

Last edited:
None of them shoes above are resell worthy. They're priced so high to begin with you would see little to no profit by reselling. Only Jeremy Scott's I remember that flew were the OG Teddy Bears that Wayne rocked
Umm you must not look at the y3 collection or the early jscott or the Adidas superstar collabos

i like the yeezy i been rocking adidas brand sense a little bit before Jeremy Scott's collaborations.back when adidas store in dallas use to have the invite only F&F events.i like the adidas yeezys if they make my size I'i'll defintely be copping a pair.the 350 price tag seems practical to me if they are indeed y3 quality.theyll be a nice break from me rocking my typical margielas and y3's.

Umm you must not look at the y3 collection or the early jscott or the Adidas superstar collabos
Bruh the y3 shoes are priced retail like at $300 and up. How much do they resell for? I doubt over $500 and anything under that wouldn't be worth the flip in terms of margin. I don't pay attention to superstar collabs so I can't speak on those but Jscotts haven't done numbers since the OG Teddy Bears

Last edited:
Bruh the y3 shoes are priced retail like at $300 and up. How much do they resell for? I doubt over $500 and anything under that wouldn't be worth the flip in terms of margin. I don't pay attention to superstar collabs so I can't speak on those but Jscotts haven't done numbers since the OG Teddy Bears
i don't even see these shoes reselling for more than 700 due to price and forgone conclusion that availability will be decent. But to talk about resale defeats the purpose of trying to deter from that mindset of reselling

i don't even see these shoes reselling for more than 700 due to price and forgone conclusion that availability will be decent. But to talk about resale defeats the purpose of trying to deter from that mindset of reselling
All I was doing was replying to that dude claiming Adidas been had shoes in the resell market. I'm not really focused on what the Yeezys will go for at this point in time

Adidas has been in the resell game before. The difference is, it's not almost every release like Jordan or every Nike basketball retro. Yall dudes acting like Kanye is breathing fresh air into Adidas' lungs. I would love to see Adidas flood the market with these though. Then all of the groupies could get them while plenty would sit on the shelf.

Adidas has been in the resell game before. The difference is, it's not almost every release like Jordan or every Nike basketball retro. Yall dudes acting like Kanye is breathing fresh air into Adidas' lungs. I would love to see Adidas flood the market with these though. Then all of the groupies could get them while plenty would sit on the shelf.
you make a good point.i honestly think if Ye's words are true it wouldn't be hard to fathom them being around the availability level of the Y3 qasa's just imo though.

There is no reason to be worrying about resale prices yet, unless your only intention is to sell them.

People should not get caught in the hype of the NYC release. People who are bidding on them on eBay before the worldwide release are either totally dumb and have no idea of the shoe, or they are resellers who try to push the price by fake offers.

All indications till now are that they will be available in fair numbers. 

Only thing that worries me a bit right now are the foreign exchange rates. I hope they will adapt the price.

There is no reason to be worrying about resale prices yet, unless your only intention is to sell them.
People should not get caught in the hype of the NYC release. People who are bidding on them on eBay before the worldwide release are either totally dumb and have no idea of the shoe, or they are resellers who try to push the price by fake offers.
All indications till now are that they will be available in fair numbers. 

Only thing that worries me a bit right now are the foreign exchange rates. I hope they will adapt the price.

Trust this man. Look at the screen name. :smokin

After the initial on feet pics I wasn't feeling these at all but after the pics below I can see how someone can rock them and make them look decent.

I think they are in desperate need of a lace swap but with the right attire they could be a nice pair of shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom