ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think overall there were more chances to cop the Pirate Black over the Turtle Doves.

I won a raffle for the TD's so I didn't really try online, but atleast I got something online for the PBs....

The fight was alot harder for the PBs imo.. but you could manage to get something if you really fought for it.

Entered 15 instore raffles (about half with mults) and prob atleast another 15 instagram contests. Only online got me something this round.

People were more chill with the TDs. If they won one it was enough for the most part.
People went all out on the PBs but there were more opportunities.
i hate when people said this. it just isn't true. people said the same for the TD

Last edited:
I think overall there were more chances to cop the Pirate Black over the Turtle Doves.

I won a raffle for the TD's so I didn't really try online, but atleast I got something online for the PBs....

The fight was alot harder for the PBs imo.. but you could manage to get something if you really fought for it.

Entered 15 instore raffles (about half with mults) and prob atleast another 15 instagram contests. Only online got me something this round.

People were more chill with the TDs. If they won one it was enough for the most part.

This is how I felt ....

How do you guys like adidas new technique on the way they released the Pirates? Since I got LUCKY and got my size, I like it, but If I didn't, I would have hated it since I was up all day like you guys trying to get these. Anyways I know my opinion is biased, but what do you guys think?

Agree with this, felt there was a better spread this time round but more people seemed to have ate last time round

I hated it ... I got lucky too, but had like 25 of them windows open ... Was lucky to come across one that opened up ... I would hate it a lot more if I didn't score ... Definitely wasn't FCFS

I think the the AJ1 SBB release helped out w/ the PB release. At least that's how it felt for us in Vegas. I also think our Adidas here didn't get many pairs in. I glanced at the sign in/ email sheet when I picked up my pair yesterday. There were not that many in 12 and 12.5. I wish the AJ OVO joints dropped this weekend. That would have made a difference and hella cats could've ate.

Last edited:

How do you guys like adidas new technique on the way they released the Pirates? Since I got LUCKY and got my size, I like it, but If I didn't, I would have hated it since I was up all day like you guys trying to get these. Anyways I know my opinion is biased, but what do you guys think?
I'm indifferent. TD was easy for me since the site held up if you were on there ASAP. Got my pair no problem. Seconds was a little harder.

PB was frustrating at first. But once I got the backdoor info I was able to checkout my pairs no problem. Same with my girl, and a few homies. 

TD was personally easier for me but I like the results of the PB release more since I was able to spread the wealth 

I wasn't a big fan, but that's because I didn't get through on multiple devices with multiple people helping me lol. I was ready to go on the link, and if they had used the same release method as the TD's, I would have cooked. The ATC links were helpful but it was too late before I noticed them. I feel like the way Adidas releases these in other countries is the ideal way to do them: drop the link randomly, then add to cart and check out. I believe they're held in cart too. So some combination of Nike's holding in cart for a bit and Adidas's random drops would be cool.

Wasted post

I see both sides. It really depends how much I want them and how work was the previous week. 

I had to stay late at the office nearly every day this week and didn't leave Friday until 6:00 pm. 

Last thing I wanted to do was spend my Friday night copping Yeezy's. Just wanted to relax. I had no problem dedicating my Saturday morning for them. 

It's all about balance. My weekend's are important to me mentally but as long as I can get time to unwind and renergize for Monday I'm fine. 

I exercise a similar approach when trying to buy shoes but I would rather pay resell than spend more than a few hours Saturday morning attempting to buy kicks. I have bought many personal shoes at resell and don't regret it one bit.

The stay up all night trying to prepare and find sites that are releasing ship has sailed for me. I also work a challenging day job so to find time for family, work AND shoes is a delicate balance. You can guess which loses out 100% of the time. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom