ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

i find it funny adidas has one office in USA and its in portland, can they be any more unoriginal
HAHA! So true. They literally do everything right on the heels of Nike. I know people will argue me and say it's not true and they're their own company, but they are just straight up biters these days.

plus yes already saying 'adidas made it 350 i didn't want it to be' 'adidas made them limited i didn't want them to be'

thats not a good sign

Last edited:
Adidas is far from struggling. When I say brand awareness I mean they are trying to reach out to a new group with these shoes, everyone knows who Adidas is, but they want to be associated with the holy grail of all shoes that are actually different, high quality and fashionable. People who didn't know about the Yeezys from Nike, they want those people to know about the Yeezy 750 Boost. And it is working. My friends (girls) who know nothing and I mean 0 about sneakers know about these. I have no allegiance to either brand and don't have a single pair of Nike or Adidas shoes/clothing. But these shoes IMO are high fashion and different. The Yeezys 1 and 2? Didn't give them a single look. So if Adidas can pull someone like me who hasn't bought a pair of Nike or Adidas shoes in probably 6 years, they are doing something right. I know people are upset but what they are building the hype they need. 

Last edited:
Agreed. I think (from watching the interview) YE is going to get a little perturbed with the dodgy releases.

I feel like there was a lot of False Flagging from Ye in that video, I think he understands this game as well as anyone, he knew what to say to appease the audience.

I feel like there was a lot of False Flagging from Ye in that video, I think he understands this game as well as anyone, he knew what to say to appease the audience.
he's been saying since he broke up with nike and before adidas he don't want this elitist limited stuff he wants everyone to be able to have it

if he breaks contract with him adidas goes back into obscurity and kanye will still continue to flourish wherever he goes
He's going to break contract after designing five different shoes and producing an entire line with Adidas because they released less stock than he anticipated? Lol. 

He's going to break contract after designing five different shoes and producing an entire line with Adidas because they released less stock than he anticipated? Lol. 
im not saying he's gonna do it tomorrow. he's a diva and if adidas don't play by his rules he's gonna lose his ****

All of Adidas's other designer collabs are successful, and they just added Kanye which is already so successful it crashed their site for 4 hours for 1 $350 shoe. Anyones website would crash with that much traffic at a given time. This collab is going to be ridiculously successful. This was just started by one ltd edition shoe to draw attention.

All of Adidas's other designer collabs are successful, and they just added Kanye which is already so successful it crashed their site for 4 hours for 1 $350 shoe. Anyones website would crash with that much traffic at a given time. This collab is going to be ridiculously successful. This was just started by one ltd edition shoe to draw attention.
thats not how to draw attention. the way adidas did it is good for a mom and pop shop on the lower east side of manhattan not a million dollar company

There's a difference between is wishful thinking and the reality. and the reality is, kanye the first non-athlete that is getting their own models for shoes. Its a brand new territory that sportswear brands such as Nike and Adidas are treading very carefully. These guys don't perform 3-5 times a week on international and national TV like athletes do to showcase the shoes they make for them. So making them highly coveted and hard to get adds to the brand. It sucks but it is what it is. Until the rapper designed shoe becomes a proven cash cow, I think this is how it will be for Kanye or any non athlete who wants Adidas or Nike to back and produce their designs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom