ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

People telling others 'it's only sneakers stop taking it so seriously' yet we all are members of a sneaker forum. Oh, the irony.
Not just that, but you got resellers saying it's childish to complain over resale prices.

Yet, the maker of the shoe himself said resale prices are foolish.

How can you even argue with that. 

I guess on NT we are only allowed to humble brag about quintupling up on releases,

humble brag about spending asinine amounts of money on sneakers,

humble brag about other people pick ups so that they can feel good about themselves.

Anything else is frowned upon.

In my last post I said resellers heavily influence social media.  Spot on
laugh.gif

People telling others 'it's only sneakers stop taking it so seriously' yet we all are members of a sneaker forum. Oh, the irony.

since when did being a member of a sneaker community equate to taking shoes so seriously? we LIKE shoes.... that doesn't mean we stress over shoes to the same degree.

You really have people plotting on buying fakes just so they can have the Ye look.... too seriously? Indeed.

Not just that, but you got resellers saying it's childish to complain over resale prices.

Yet, the maker of the shoe himself said resale prices are foolish.

How can you even argue with that. 

I guess on NT we are only allowed to humble brag about quintupling up on releases,

humble brag about spending asinine amounts of money on sneakers,

humble brag about other people pick ups so that they can feel good about themselves.

Anything else is frowned upon.

In my last post I said resellers heavily influence social media.  Spot on:lol:

you are arguing the classic chicken or the egg debate.

ultimately, if the retailors produced enough pairs, resale would be garbage AND people that only want the shoes will have them. Not just the hype beasts that only want stuff because its limited sprinkled in with the true lovers of the shoe.

Adidas could easily keep sending inventory to the stores but it doesn't. Ye can complain all he wants but he still accepts the money knowing the terms that the manufacturer will go by.

since when did being a member of a sneaker community equate to taking shoes so seriously? we LIKE shoes.... that doesn't mean we stress over shoes to the same degree.

You really have people plotting on buying fakes just so they can have the Ye look.... too seriously? Indeed.
'we LIKE shoes...'

Pffffffffffft! I'm pretty sure it goes way past 'like', my friend. Waking up at 730AM to prep your desktop, laptop, mobile phone and tablet to all be logged into the corresponding shoe brands website with credit card info, billing and shipping addresses saved, with backdoor links on one tab, cart checkout page on another tab, Niketalk on another tab and twitter on another (just in case). That's 'LIKE'? Hate to see what y'all would do if you LOVED shoes.

'we LIKE shoes...'

Pffffffffffft! I'm pretty sure it goes way past 'like', my friend. Waking up at 730AM to prep your desktop, laptop, mobile phone and tablet to all be logged into the corresponding shoe brands website with credit card info, billing and shipping addresses saved, with backdoor links on one tab, cart checkout page on another tab, Niketalk on another tab and twitter on another (just in case). That's 'LIKE'? Hate to see what y'all would do if you LOVED shoes.

Did you just assume that everyone including me is like you?

Did you just assume that everyone including me is like you?
Actually, I didn't. But you did put 'we LIKE shoes'. Emphasis on we. Which would imply that everyone is exactly as you describe them.

Ah so you want to take that perspective.

Yes we like shoes but not everyone is doing what you described. You def went off the deep end with that post. Are there people out there that go off the deep end? Yes. And those people are the ones that I spoke of saying shoes aren't that important. Way to take that argument and go full circle with it.

Let me reiterate what I said. Maybe it will settle in a little better. Just because we are on a shoe forum, it doesn't mean shoes are that serious.

Stop trying to take that out of context.

Ah so you want to take that perspective.

Yes we like shoes but not everyone is doing what you described. You def went off the deep end with that post. Are there people out there that go off the deep end? Yes. And those people are the ones that I spoke of saying shoes aren't that important. Way to take that argument and go full circle with it.

Let me reiterate what I said. Maybe it will settle in a little better. Just because we are on a shoe forum, it doesn't mean shoes are that serious.

Stop trying to take that out of context.
I'll drop it, but for the most part I'm willing to bet that it is taken to the extreme on most occasions. So yes, my 730AM example may be off the deep end to you, but it isn't applied to someone that just likes something. You don't double and triple up on something you like... and finally, most people don't go out of their way to become a member of a forum just for something they simply like. That goes for cars, watches, sneakers whatever. But you have your opinion and I surely have mine.

my 2 cents

if youre on nt you more than "like" shoes

at some point or another it was def more than like.....if anything priorities change, life changes but i assume this is above avg "liking" of shoes

let us be serious lol

def downplaying being a member here

Last edited:
I'll drop it, but for the most part I'm willing to bet that it is taken to the extreme on most occasions. So yes, my 730AM example may be off the deep end to you, but it isn't applied to someone that just likes something. You don't double and triple up on something you like... and finally, most people don't go out of their way to become a member of a forum just for something they simply like. That goes for cars, watches, sneakers whatever. But you have your opinion and I surely have mine.

yea im gonna agree on this 100%

this is a sneaker enthusiast forum

goes for any product so its more than like for sure

Mann..some of you guys really just don't get it :lol:

how is what Rookiecard just said not pure fact though?

maybe i should go back a few pages

anyways yea the prices on these are ridic, moving on

we dont do fake either

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never done any of the things he said. I put way more effort into getting a NT fitted than I ever have for a pair of kicks.
If I strike out at retail that's it.
I've never paid over retail on any shoe and I've been doing this since middle school.

The thing with the prices is...

If y'all had some self control the prices wouldn't sky rocket like that.
The same ppl complaining that resell on X shoe is 1k are happy and think they got a steal cause they got it for 700.

The prices are only that high cause ppl are paying that much

Not saying any of this applies directly to you.. But its the general consensus I've gathered from these types of threads

Last edited:
Getting back on topic, my pair from adidas UK came in today. I was worried because the order was under processing for three days, and I never received the order confirmation email - still here they are, so all's fine.

Threw them on for a quick fit, and while it may not matter at this point really, I went down a full size.

High quality all over from the packaging right down to the suede, but that's what I would expect from a £275 shoe.

Are they worth the current resell, I don't think so. Will I go for the lows, I don't know yet - definitely passing on the boots though.

Looks like Yeezybay is back it but this time with the Boosts. Wouldn't know what flaws to look for tho.
Close... But not there yet.

I can't really remember so dont judge me on it hhaha...

The 3 stripes behind strap shouldnt be glossy. The color of the strap is still off.

That's what i noticed.

I joined NT because on the day of release I couldn't checkout. Then I googled the issue I was having and this forum came up. You can see how much sneakers mean to me. I had no idea, that was my first time trying to purchase limited shoes. From what I read everyone thought they were ugly so I didn't think it was going to be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom