ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited about those new Kanye West sneakers? Of course you are, but sneaker heads who were expecting 'Ye's first Adidas-branded shoe to drop in June will have to wait a little bit longer.

On Monday, West caused quite the stir when he attended the Adidas Global Brand Conference and announced that we'll "see" his new kicks in June, but according to popular fashion site Highsnobiety.com, fans will have to hold out until spring 2015.

An Adidas rep told the site that there is a possibility that things can change and a sneaker could possibly hit this fall or winter, but the official release is planned for next year. If all goes according to schedule, the product design will be finished in June and maybe then we can "see" images of the shoe, but they won't hit retail at that time.

After growing disheartened with Nike and how the sneaker giant handled his Air Yeezy 2 release, Kanye sought out a new deal and signed on with Adidas in December.

"With this opportunity to create, I feel like I can be myself," Kanye told the crowd at the conference. "This was the company that was experienced and brave enough to give me the opportunity to create."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1725969/kanye-west-adidas-new-release-date.jhtml

I'll remain cautiously optimistic when these release. He wants to design upwards of 20 shoes... hope they release them one by one and not flood the shelves.3

Ye's ambition is his own worst enemy, I feel. 

Those loafers above are nice, I'm not gonna lie. All we can do is wait and see and by the looks of it, its not going to happen till 2015 now... Unless he releases another album, the hype wave will calm down..

There's nothing factual about the Yeezy 1 & 2 being great shoes.
 All opinion.  Plenty of folks (myself included) don't like them and never have.  

And if we're being honest, 'Ye could've released any design and dudes would've beasted simply because of the 'Ye co-sign.  It was a perfect storm for the Yeezy, with Kanye being at the height of his fame and the whole sneaker thing starting to reach the heights of absurdity that it is at now.  

Were the Yeezys the most hyped sneaker to date?  Probably so.  But hype doesn't equate to a shoe being great or a classic.  

The shoes are made with some of the best materials Nike has EVER put on a pair of shoes. They inspired many other shoes to come. They sold out. They're worth thousands after release. These are all facts. Those are certain components to a great shoe.

But please tell me what factually makes a great shoe.

The Jordan 1 is a nice shoe, but I don't like it, therefore it's not a great shoe.

The shoes are made with some of the best materials Nike has EVER put on a pair of shoes. They inspired many other shoes to come. They sold out. They're worth thousands after release. These are all facts. Those are certain components to a great shoe.

The Jordan 1 is a nice shoe, but I don't like it, therefore it's not a great shoe.

Lol

Deeming a shoe "great" is a matter of opinion. There is nothing factual about that.

Two different things.

U.s. dollars are a form of currency = fact

I think u.s. dollars are great = opinion

There's nothing factual about the Yeezy 1 & 2 being great shoes.  All opinion.  Plenty of folks (myself included) don't like them and never have.  

And if we're being honest, 'Ye could've released any design and dudes would've beasted simply because of the 'Ye co-sign.  It was a perfect storm for the Yeezy, with Kanye being at the height of his fame and the whole sneaker thing starting to reach the heights of absurdity that it is at now.  

Were the Yeezys the most hyped sneaker to date?  Probably so.  But hype doesn't equate to a shoe being great or a classic.  

roll.gif

You're young, so I'm going to give you a pass.  But some of the best materials EVER?  Are you serious right now?  If time travel was real, I'd urge you to travel back into time and hit up an Athlete's Foot store during the early 90's.  You'd see that almost EVERY Nike shoe had materials like the Yeezy.  Nike has been putting out such ****** stuff quality-wise for so long now that you young dudes got duped into thinking they're premium.  By today's standards, yes, they're premium.  But looking at the big picture?  Naw man....those are no different than the everyday **** Nike used to drop back in the day.

As far as the inspiration thing goes, you do realize that both Yeezy shoes are also HEAVILY inspired by older Nike models, right?  So you're gonna tell me that a shoe that was inspired heavily by several other CLASSIC shoes is inspirational?  And if we really want to keep it 100, that whole Air Mag-esque, uber hi-top, fashionista thing was already being done before the 1st Yeezy.  Google "Ato Matsumoto" and tell me you don't see certain design cues that the Yeezy bit.  

So the Yeezy sold out.  So do Jordan retros in variant colorways any given Saturday of the year.  AND those are released in larger quantities than the Yeezys were.  
laugh.gif
  So are those great shoes, too?  

So they're worth thousands.  I think you and I both know why that is, and if you deny that the name attached to them has almost everything to do with that, you're lying to yourself.  Kanye is the same reason that this adidas line will sell out and also be worth way more than their MSRP.  The limited tag attached to the Yeezy line doesn't hurt that resale price, either.  

I can't tell you what factually makes a great shoe, as you're correct in implying that it varies with the individual.  But isn't that kind of what I was saying in the first place?  
mean.gif
  You gave your reasons for why you feel it's a great shoe and that's cool.  But you're a little off base with your reasoning, IMO.    

Yeah, the 1s had some of the best leather Nike had used in years, but in the 80s/90s it was the norm.

As for the 2s? Best materials? Lol. Those are typical cheap NSW materials. The Red Octobers are especially bad. I love the design, but let's not kid ourselves.

Exactly.

That leather on the Yeezy 1s was a quality we haven't seen in years. But that doesn't make it the BEST EVER :lol:

And the Yeezy 2's... those are not great materials. Different than the norm, but not great. The only thing "premium" is that molded back.

I find it funny that Nike tries to pass off normal stuff like leather and suede as "premium"... because they've used cheap *** stuff so long... and it works.

^Leather and suede are premium materials tho... Plain and simple, they are, its just a shame that premium materials are no longer the norm. And its not just Nike. Who would've thought leather would be a premium option in a mercedes? They have 80k GLs coming with leather-tex aka pleather smh

LEATHER AND SUEDE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUAL PREMIUM MATERIAL.

THATS LIKE SAYING HONDA IS A LUXURY CAR BRAND BC THEY MAKE CARS

Exactly.

That leather on the Yeezy 1s was a quality we haven't seen in years. But that doesn't make it the BEST EVER :lol:

And the Yeezy 2's... those are not great materials. Different than the norm, but not great. The only thing "premium" is that molded back.

I find it funny that Nike tries to pass off normal stuff like leather and suede as "premium"... because they've used cheap *** stuff so long... and it works.

the hand crafted leather scales on the solars and plats, along with the molded back, and screw on aglets were all PREMIUM materials.

Those scales were nice and something we had never seen before. That slipped my mind.

But far from something you can call the best materials EVER put on a Nike shoe, especially when the other half is the ballistic mesh and decent suede. It's just cut nubuck (?), even if it was actually by hand.

The product was nice overall and had some nice qualities about it. But it's far from a true high-end, high-fashion product like Nike got everyone to believe.

:rofl:

You're young, so I'm going to give you a pass.  But some of the best materials EVER?  Are you serious right now?  If time travel was real, I'd urge you to travel back into time and hit up an Athlete's Foot store during the early 90's.  You'd see that almost EVERY Nike shoe had materials like the Yeezy.  Nike has been putting out such ****** stuff quality-wise for so long now that you young dudes got duped into thinking they're premium.  By today's standards, yes, they're premium.  But looking at the big picture?  Naw man....those are no different than the everyday **** Nike used to drop back in the day.

As far as the inspiration thing goes, you do realize that both Yeezy shoes are also HEAVILY inspired by older Nike models, right?  So you're gonna tell me that a shoe that was inspired heavily by several other CLASSIC shoes is inspirational?  And if we really want to keep it 100, that whole Air Mag-esque, uber hi-top, fashionista thing was already being done before the 1st Yeezy.  Google "Ato Matsumoto" and tell me you don't see certain design cues that the Yeezy bit.  

So the Yeezy sold out.  So do Jordan retros in variant colorways any given Saturday of the year.  AND those are released in larger quantities than the Yeezys were.  :lol:   So are those great shoes, too?  

So they're worth thousands.  I think you and I both know why that is, and if you deny that the name attached to them has almost everything to do with that, you're lying to yourself.  Kanye is the same reason that this adidas line will sell out and also be worth way more than their MSRP.  The limited tag attached to the Yeezy line doesn't hurt that resale price, either.  

I can't tell you what factually makes a great shoe, as you're correct in implying that it varies with the individual.  But isn't that kind of what I was saying in the first place?  :smh:   You gave your reasons for why you feel it's a great shoe and that's cool.  But you're a little off base with your reasoning, IMO.    

I'm young although I have (or had I should say) a good amount of knowledge on OG's. I personally have never seen a shoe with the leather like the Tan yeezy 1's. Can't speak for the 2's because I've never seen them in person. Besides soccer cleats, I've never seen that high quality leather. Not from Nike. Only thing that can compare are my jordan 3's from 94 although I think the Yeezy is still nicer in terms of leather.

Besides the Jordan 3, what shoe influenced the Yeezy? I don't see anything else on it that I can identify. All I can think of as far as the silhouette goes is a Lebron, somewhat. Although I'm not sure if the model was around before the Yeezy.

All kinds of companies used the strap after the Yeezy. The midsole didn't crack and they were comfortable. Glow in the dark was used more after. I just wish the high quality leather was.

When I bring the selling out aspect of it to the argument, I'm not saying that's what makes it a great shoe. I'm only saying it's a component.

As for the resell value of the Yeezy, I would have to say the reason for it is Supply and demand. There's obviously a reason for the demand. Whatever the reason, It's a desired shoe which is another component of being a great shoe.

just noticed that the raf simons x adidas shoe is over 400 dollars. wonder if the kanye x adidas shoe will be the same or will it be 100+? because if he does make it a GR shoe where everyone can have it, would you want to pay almost 500 bucks retail? 
ohwell.gif

just noticed that the raf simons x adidas shoe is over 400 dollars. wonder if the kanye x adidas shoe will be the same or will it be 100+? because if he does make it a GR shoe where everyone can have it, would you want to pay almost 500 bucks retail? :\

Remember Ye is designing a whole collection. He could def have some higher end models that will be less available and higher priced like those and Y3's. He could also have shoes that are much more of a GR but not as high end like the shoes first rumored to be his.

Remember Ye is designing a whole collection. He could def have some higher end models that will be less available and higher priced like those and Y3's. He could also have shoes that are much more of a GR but not as high end like the shoes first rumored to be his.
exactly !!they will probably not all be really available,  Adidas do good numbers but Im 100 % sure they want that buzz that a kanye west limited shoes can bring them, even if its 1 pair of the whole collection

All i know is every Y-3 to pop up from now on, will have people's attention a lot more thinking it might be a Yeezi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom