Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Does Yeezy still manufacture high end clothing for sale? I haven’t seen new clothing being sold in a hot min-I could totally be wrong about this.

Honestly, I think this is a GREAT idea. Essentials took FOG to another level and 100% helped build up the brand. Streetwear is so fickle that it’s extremely hard to sustain a high end luxury streetwear brand so having a long term deal with a massive apparel company is probably the move. The only issue is that I’m sure there are a ton of cost-based limitations when working with one of these massive companies (I.e. material quality).

He hasn't sold clothing in about a year I'd say, even then it was a mix of clothing remaining from previous seasons on YS. The Yeezy Season 8 fashion show a few months ago and the boots he's been wearing mean that he'll probably return to the high end stuff fairly soon.

Why is that tree character built like Kim? lmao

I'm confused about the Gap partnership, why doesn't he just make apparel with Adidas or better yet just make his own clothing line? What's the point of the partnership especially if you already have a deal with an apparel company....

Spit-balling here, but the answer is probably infrastructure. Gap has a presence in every city in America and Adidas does not. Branding also has to be a strong factor as Adidas is simply not known for clothing outside of track suits. The Yeezy Season 1 collab with Adidas was also prohibitively expensive, something this won't be from my understanding.

He has his own line, Yeezy Season. This is a play for something more mainstream I guess.

Alos congrats to ya'll with the delayed W's

I'm confused about the Gap partnership, why doesn't he just make apparel with Adidas or better yet just make his own clothing line? What's the point of the partnership especially if you already have a deal with an apparel company....

Kanye has a clothing line Just not a very accessible one. Gap is more of a essentials/basics brand whereas adidas is athleisure IMO

Yeah, Adidas is sportswear while GAP is just usual lifestyle wear. Adidas ain't gonna release something like a pair of jeans or khakis.

Exposure and by extension accessibility.
GAP has stores in many malls across America. Adidas does not.

well they're off to a good start...

This is all from speculative investments though, earnings and, especially, strategy calls are going to show how much of an impact this deal will have.

People are forgetting that Adidas didn’t have HALF of the structural problems GAP had when they signed Kanye. Adidas was able to leverage Kanye into selling other products like UBs and whatnot, I’m not sure if GAP is going to get people buying their other products like Old Navy and BR clothing because of Kanye lol

Exposure and by extension accessibility.
GAP has stores in many malls across America. Adidas does not.

The irony is because of that, GAP is having financial issues.. Remember they own Old Navy, BR, etc. as well.

*puts on business school/consulting hat* For the record, I think GAP could come out in top IF they address their poor retail strategy since Kanye’s brand obviously provides them with a lot of attention, in terms of marketing and brand exposure. Maybe the company is considering aggressive consolidation in the very near future?

I never really got anything from Gap but BR used to be my go to for business casual essentials. as of like 2017 when I stopped shopping there their quality had fallen off a cliff compared to like 2009. Hopefully the shirts feel nice. Cheap things can be comfy and feel more expensive than they are, see Uniqlo

Back
Top Bottom