Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Shrunken hoodies came in from the 20% off code before everything shut down. These fit a little bit longer than the original hoodies and slightly lighter but you can tell it’s a higher quality hoodie. Got an xl and xxl. Will either return the xxl or keep it to lounge in.

Stupid people you mean. Anyone would half a brain cell knows that Yeezys are worth at least something
Just because you buy a pair of sneakers doesn't make you a sneaker head

I have plenty of little cousins, nieces, nephews, co workers, older relatives and even friends who could care less about sneakers. They have no idea how to get a pair of Yeezy's other than trying for retail or being finessed into paying resell at one of these new mall resell shops. My wife finally decided she wanted a pair of Yeezy's after seeing one of her students in a pair that she really liked. She then asked me to grab her a pair next time I went to Footlocker 🤦🏿‍♂️. To most people, a pair of Yeezy's are just shoes, not investment vehicles.

if you've been gifted a pair by a relative or friend it makes a lot more sense to donate them because they:

1. Don't have accounts set up on eBay, GOAT, etc for reselling and might not even know that these sites exist
2. Don't know about local resell shops where they can sell/trade pairs
3. Don't spend all their discretionary income on sneakers so they aren't hard up for cash and don't have to worry about doing a mini photo shoot, sharing banking information,driving around town, dealing with hagglers and low ballers just to sell a pair of sneakers

People donate all kinds of valuable stuff not just Yeezys.
Facts. I mean there is a whole industry covered on YouTube and IG about people who hit up thrift stores and trendy resell shops like Plato's Closet and Buffalo Exchange looking for stuff to flip 🤷🏿‍♂️. That wouldn't exist if people weren't consistently donating valuable items with resell value. Him not knowing that is about as wild as the person donating Yeezy's instead of selling them.

Really gonna depend on where you live and foot traffic. If you live near a major metropolitan area, I’m sure nearby Footlockers had Yeezys in stock at one point or another. If you’re from a small town in the burbs or a rural area, then your local FTLs probably never stocked Yeezys at all

Really gonna depend on where you live and foot traffic. If you live near a major metropolitan area, I’m sure nearby Footlockers had Yeezys in stock at one point or another. If you’re from a small town in the burbs or a rural area, then your local FTLs probably never stocked Yeezys at all

I live right outside Philly

I’ve seen 1 champs stocked with Yeezys on shelves. It was one of those brown green sesame seed colors that no one wanted desperately, but were still sold out by the end of the weekend.

Oh and I saw a brand new JD stocked with the yellow 350s that just recently stopped. Also gone by the end of weekend.

First pair I saw "sitting" (I prefer the old school term "in stock" 🤷🏿‍♂️) were the 500 desert rat/utility black. I think that was the summer of whatever year they first released. Then the sesame 350 v2s I think later that year around the holidays. Both of those only "sat" for a couple days maybe three. The longest I saw were the citrins. That was my first time going for a Yeezy online. I hit on 3 and every Footlocker I went to in Metro Detroit had pairs for up to two weeks. Since then it's pretty common to see 350s sit, specifically at Footlocker around the release date unless it's a restock of a classic pair or a mostly white or mostly black colorway. Short story long 😂 if you love near a major city Yeezy's are definitely sitting from time to time. Ive only seen 350 v2s though at the big retailers. If you go to boutiques you'll find other items sitting. Store near me still has a full size run of the lavender 700 mnvn

1. Don't have accounts set up on eBay, GOAT, etc for reselling and might not even know that these sites exist
2. Don't know about local resell shops where they can sell/trade pairs
3. Don't spend all their discretionary income on sneakers so they aren't hard up for cash and don't have to worry about doing a mini photo shoot, sharing banking information,driving around town, dealing with hagglers and low ballers just to sell a pair of sneakers
These people you’re speaking of can’t do a 5 minute google search on that ho? Takes less than 5 minutes to setup an eBay account and prolly another 5 to make the listing.

These people you’re speaking of can’t do a 5 minute google search on that ho? Takes less than 5 minutes to setup an eBay account and prolly another 5 to make the listing.
You are still assuming they know they should resell the shoe in the first place 🤷🏿‍♂️. Please understand, it may seem like the whole world is sneaker heads. Again. Just because you buy sneakers don't make you a sneaker head and just because you buy hype kicks don't make you a hype beast. Yeezy's don't come with a sneaker head introduction pamphlet and reselling manual. My baby sister just started highschool. She did great on a test recently and I was going to rewardher with a pair of Yeezy's. Even resell if she wanted them. I asked what's her favorite Yeezy. She couldn't name one model. Ultimatelt she only wanted a pair of air force ones so we went to a local spot an got her a couple pair. I got her a pair of panda dunks....not the ones everyone has now but the actual original panda dunks. She wanted an iPhone but didn't have the money. I told her to sell her dunks. She had already gave them away to a cousin.

Yeah it’s pretty hard to spare 10 minutes out of your life
It takes more time than that. You reply to questions (even dumb questions), reject lowball offers, take requested pics, wait for your payment, pack and ship and go to the post office. And that's if your time isn't wasted by a nonpaying bidder. I hate reselling. If you enjoy that and can devote all your time to reselling, cool. I have a full time job and a house to maintain. Sometimes I would rather pay someone $200 to take the shoes so I can have an evening to watch House of the Dragon in peace.

Some people have lives.
Facts. And those lives don't revolve around the selling, buying, and reselling of sneakers. And that's ok. We're not the normal ones guys. 😂. We make it look 😎 cool and normal but there is nothing normal about having tens or hundreds of pairs of sneakers. The average person has no idea bout this life. Even the average person who thinks they're a sneaker head has no idea about this life. They live and move differently. Don't believe me? go up to a coworker and tell them their shoes are bricks. Or ask your mom what a shock drop is. See if your aunt know what a wave runner is. Ask a rando on the street what kind of heat does he keep in his closet. 😂🤣😂

It takes more time than that. You reply to questions (even dumb questions), reject lowball offers, take requested pics, wait for your payment, pack and ship and go to the post office. And that's if your time isn't wasted by a nonpaying bidder. I hate reselling. If you enjoy that and can devote all your time to reselling, cool. I have a full time job and a house to maintain. Sometimes I would rather pay someone $200 to take the shoes so I can have an evening to watch House of the Dragon in peace.
Absolute facts. When you understand the time value of money or even if you just have enough going on in life you will understand this ☝️. I work so that I can enjoy my spare time. Before kids I woul take an afternoon and drive around to up to 30 stores just to see if I could find discount steals to flip or maybe catch an off release of a pair I wanted. I can't afford to give that kind of time now. I'd rather spend the afternoon with my kids than spend it chasing sneakers and fun money.

Facts. And those lives don't revolve around the selling, buying, and reselling of sneakers. And that's ok. We're not the normal ones guys. 😂. We make it look 😎 cool and normal but there is nothing normal about having tens or hundreds of pairs of sneakers. The average person has no idea bout this life. Even the average person who thinks they're a sneaker head has no idea about this life. They live and move differently. Don't believe me? go up to a coworker and tell them their shoes are bricks. Or ask your mom what a shock drop is. See if your aunt know what a wave runner is. Ask a rando on the street what kind of heat does he keep in his closet. 😂🤣😂
Thing is, I'm the only "sneakerhead" in my circle. They might recognize a pair of Jordans or whatever but they know nothing of this world.

Anyway, all this has nothing to do with Yeezys. Sneaker-game is a young mans game, even if Niketalk has been around since '99.

Thing is, I'm the only "sneakerhead" in my circle. They might recognize a pair of Jordans or whatever but they know nothing of this world.

Anyway, all this has nothing to do with Yeezys. Sneaker-game is a young mans game, even if Niketalk has been around since '99.
I think this has everything to do with Yeezy's and a lot of the takes I've read in this thread and seen on other platforms and throughout the media.

It's tempting for all of us to get caught up in the echo chambers of our own social circles or our own passions and pursuits and color the whole world with that same brush stroke. Everything I see is everything there is. Everything I hear is everything I know. Everything I say is always right. Everything they say is always wrong. Be side of they were right they would be over here and not over there.

Kanye is struggling with this. The people that are judging him and piling on because it's cool to hate Kanye now are struggling with this. The people who are vehemently defending him and excusing everything he does are struggling with this.

To say, "people are idiots if they don't know you're supposed to resell Yeezy's instead of donating them to the Goodwill for free." is not too different from saying "Kanye is antisemitic" or "Adidas are just stealing Kanye's ideas". It's more to it than that.

It's always more nuanced than this. And if you can't process that complexity and insist on everything being so black and white then you are just as much a part of the problem as the people you're complaining about.

Back
Top Bottom