Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Ye so mad that not only is back to wearing Nikes, but he went all the way in with that "Black Force Energy."'

2024 is going to be a year for the ages with all the Diddy ish, this ninja Ye, and the diarrhea fest that the Presidential election is guaranteed to be.

and when Nike doesn't release 500,000 kicks and revert back to 200,000, everyone will be complaining and upset at Nike making everything so limited and striking out on SNKRS.

Not even close. How many VaporMax do you see?
Nike/JB have a completely different problem though.

They expected their growth to grow with additional demand from customers-ideally this would work but they increased retail prices too much and overestimated sales completely. NB and ASICS are only growing so much because Nike/JB dropped the ball and customers are jumping ship.

Look at all the retros that are sitting-it goes beyond even bad cws. For example, I couldn’t believe my eyes that a holiday 11 was sitting pretty much everywhere. When was the last time this even happened? (If ever) This is completely self-imposed on Nike/JB’s part and they know it.

forgot about the Air Max 270 tbh
both nb and asics are smaller than adidas and nike so them selling a bunch looks better on their end, but i can sure you something like those 270 air max would have made more than any of their top shoes combined
There is no way that those hideous air max 270s were outselling NB’s top shoes.

Those things were some of the ugliest shoes Nike has EVER put out.

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_1216.jpeg

Nike/JB have a completely different problem though.

They expected their growth to grow with additional demand from customers-ideally this would work but they increased retail prices too much and overestimated sales completely. NB and ASICS are only growing so much because Nike/JB dropped the ball and customers are jumping ship.

Look at all the retros that are sitting-it goes beyond even bad cws. For example, I couldn’t believe my eyes that a holiday 11 was sitting pretty much everywhere. When was the last time this even happened? (If ever) This is completely self-imposed on Nike/JB’s part and they know it.

Did you just get into sneakers five years ago?

They dropped a million pair of holiday 11's because the public kept saying just release more, so there wouldn't be fights and riots and you're complaining :rofl: What do you know, we didn't hear any reports of problems and they mostly sold through.

All of us in the retro forum know it's a cycle. We used to see retros at in outlets and sub $79.99. We wished they sat like they used to.

New Balance, Saucony and Asics are growing like they normally do because people discover them every 5 to 10 years. Gel Lyte 2's, 3's and 5's used to be hot and they they died, because they're boutique and collab dependent And like all kicks, people realize you only can have so many of the same sneaker.

This is why "sneakerheads" don't matter. If they make things limited, you complain. If they make things easily attainable, you complain.

They dropped a million pair of holiday 11's because the public kept saying just release more, so there wouldn't be fights and riots and you're complaining :rofl: What do you know, we didn't hear any reports of problems and they mostly sold through.

All of us in the retro forum know it's a cycle. We used to see retros at in outlets and sub $79.99. We wished they sat like they used to.

New Balance, Saucony and Asics are growing like they normally do because people discover them every 5 to 10 years. Gel Lyte 2's, 3's and 5's used to be hot and they they died, because they're boutique and collab dependent And like all kicks, people realize you only can have so many of the same sneaker.

This is why "sneakerheads" don't matter. If they make things limited, you complain. If they make things easily attainable, you complain.
This should be stickied on NT's front page :lol: :emoji_100:

Bro missed the whole Asics Ronnie Fieg run.

It’s funny cause I had a nice run of ASICS and NB from 2013-2015. Then it kind of got repetitive. Now the narrative on social media and from “sneaker journalists” is some shock emergence of these brands like they didn’t exist.

It’s way more of consumers wanting something different than being done so much worse by Nike or JB than those companies.

I never said they didn’t sell-just that demand for retros in general is down because of their own actions as a company. Also, it sure seems like Nike’s plan is working out well for them.

IMG_1218.jpeg

Honestly, I was soooo happy to see this news-they can reap what they sow, same with Adidas. Customers are speaking with their wallets and it is showing. I hope both Adidas and Nike/JB continue to hurt as companies so we will get better products at better price points in the future:

It’s funny cause I had a nice run of ASICS and NB from 2013-2015. Then it kind of got repetitive. Now the narrative on social media and from “sneaker journalists” is some shock emergence of these brands like they didn’t exist.

It’s way more of consumers wanting something different than being done so much worse by Nike or JB than those companies.
Yes, increasing retail pricepoints and lowering quality will drive customers away.

Look at how the quality of GR Dunks tanked from 2019 to now and they STILL increased retail prices significantly on them. They did the same thing with pumping out nothing but thoughtless cws of OG Air Jordan 1 Highs in recent years. Adidas is even worse, they’re releasing non-Ye approved Yeezys, which is honestly pathetic. Not surprising from a brand that releases Kobes with his name removed long after his untimely death. Pathetic.

I never said they didn’t sell-just that demand for retros in general is down because of their own actions as a company. Also, it sure seems like Nike’s plan is working out well for them.

IMG_1218.jpeg

Honestly, I was soooo happy to see this news-they can reap what they sow, same with Adidas. Customers are speaking with their wallets and it is showing. I hope both Adidas and Nike/JB continue to hurt as companies so we will get better products at better price points in the future:

You're all over the place. Do you know how business works? our economy?

Apple, Microsoft and Amazon have laid off employees recently.

I don’t like to see anyone lose their jobs though. Especially when it’s not even a labor/financial issue. It’s the shareholders and C-Suite executives who want their bonuses. Just happened to my wife and her company as well.

This has just made me even more conscious about my spending habits.

How on earth did these outsell AF1s?

Nike made a huge push on social media by seeding influencers. All these fitness influencers were wearing them and they became really popular for a time. But I rarely see anyone wear them now. It's sort of a walk of shame; if anyone does at this point.

IMG_1218.jpeg

You’re giving consumers too much credit. They’d be spending like drunk sailors if the had money/credit to do so. Economy is cooked.

You’re giving consumers too much credit. They’d be spending like drunk sailors if the had money/credit to do so. Economy is cooked.
So maybe it is time for Nike/JB/Adidas, etc. to cut retail prices and offer better quality products?

Wild Adidas is selling fake Yeezys for $230 retail

So maybe it is time for Nike/JB/Adidas, etc. to cut retail prices and offer better quality products?

Wild Adidas is selling fake Yeezys for $230 retail
All the brands you mentioned are discounting products heavily now. They’re not cutting MSRP. All companies have pushed their pricing up. Things cost more today than they did yesterday and will cost more tomorrow then they do today.

The Yeezys aren’t fake, they’re just not paying a Kanye any longer.

All the brands you mentioned are discounting products heavily now. They’re not cutting MSRP. All companies have pushed their pricing up. Things cost more today than they did yesterday and will cost more tomorrow then they do today.

The Yeezys aren’t fake, they’re just not paying a Kanye any longer.
there's no fake yeezys
Those Yeezys were literally made without Yeezy lol

They are basically like the “Crazy 1” of 350s, just like how Kobe didn’t approve the additional Crazy 1/Adidas Kobe releases, Ye never approved those new designs.

No idea why Adidas feels the need to treat creators like this-at least Nike NEVER tried to retro the Air Yeezy 1 and 2.

They are basically like the “Crazy 1” of 350s, just like how Kobe didn’t approve the additional Crazy 1/Adidas Kobe releases, Ye never approved those new designs.

No idea why Adidas feels the need to treat creators like this-at least Nike NEVER tried to retro the Air Yeezy 1 and 2.
nike has retroed plenty of shoes after the original athlete wasn't with the brand and just changed their logo

nike has retroed plenty of shoes after the original athlete wasn't with the brand and just changed their logo
Yeah but they didn’t still use their name like Adidas is doing with Yeezys or keep releasing shoes after the person died without paying their family.

All of that seems REALLY unethical.

Except those are using the same factories, same team, same everything except approved by ye, that doesnt mean its fake

Back
Top Bottom