Votes: 267 21.3%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
lmao at dudes wanting product to stay limited.

thats either hypebeast or reseller mentality
I don't want Yeezys to be limited because I'm a hypebeast or a reseller.
I just want certain colorways to be limited because I kinda like the thrill of hunting down or putting in work for certain sneakers.
Also, If everyone in the work drove Lambos and Ferraris would people still want one? Or would people wear Gucci or LV if it was affordable?
Right now Yeezys aren't as hard to cop as they use to be and thats cool with me.
But just give us some limited/special colorways like JB and Nike.
It's human nature to want what we can't have.

Guess I gotta come out with designer breakfast cereal. Now seems like the time.

Take your pick...
l_1416_top-cereal.jpg

I don't want Yeezys to be limited because I'm a hypebeast or a reseller.
I just want certain colorways to be limited because I kinda like the thrill of hunting down or putting in work for certain sneakers.
Also, If everyone in the work drove Lambos and Ferraris would people still want one? Or would people wear Gucci or LV if it was affordable?
Right now Yeezys aren't as hard to cop as they use to be and thats cool with me.
But just give us some limited/special colorways like JB and Nike.
It's human nature to want what we can't have.

You want what other people ain’t rocking? Go cop some KangaROOS or Lottos. British Knights or Ellesse.

Plenty of sneakers out here that you can wear & not worry about anybody else wearing. You can be that dude, forreal.

Thrill of the chase? :rofl:

Btw, I’m glad I don’t let NT influence my music taste. That NASIR album dope as ****!!!

You want what other people ain’t rocking? Go cop some KangaROOS or Lottos. British Knights or Ellesse.
Plenty of sneakers out here that you can wear & not worry about anybody else wearing. You can be that dude, forreal.
Thrill of the chase? :rofl:
Btw, I’m glad I don’t let NT influence my music taste. That NASIR album dope as ****!!!
Ok, I might of had a Kanye moment there, lol.
But I agree about the Nas album.

I pray adidas would restock bred v2s, green stripe, red stripe, Oreos, beluga 1.0, V1 ( even though I don’t really like those)

Just ******* restock everything

Hey can anyone help with two sizing questions? Do the yeezy season 6 500 boots run tts? And also do grey powerphases run tts? Thanks in advance brothers

lmao at dudes wanting product to stay limited.

thats either hypebeast or reseller mentality
I'm old enough to remember when the mentality behind this type of thinking existed before hypebeast and resellers were a thing. This desire to wear popular shoes that not many others have or can get is not new. Jordans back in the day (late 80s early 90s) were priced way out of many peoples budgets and released on weekdays during school hours. So if you got a pair it was a big deal, and your classmates and friends noticed them. Only way for catholic/private school kids to distinguish themselves from the rest of the kids were their kicks. Not too long ago wht/wht AF1 were hugely popular because they only released once a year and having a crisp pair was a must. Now they are available all year round and not as popular as they were when Fat Joe was licking them. I see that as far as this thread goes there are many in here who are only worried about the value they place on their kicks and others who just like the fact that they have shoes that not many others have. The latter is more normal in the sneaker community. Exclusivity matters in sneakers however you look at it.

Word.

It took me a fair amount of effort to grab the McYeezy V2s, and i live em, PLUS there isnt that many around.

So if they get a GR amd every hater jumps in and buys them just because they can, well my pair suddenly gets lost in the crowd.

Ill still love em though.

I'm old enough to remember when the mentality behind this type of thinking existed before hypebeast and resellers were a thing. This desire to wear popular shoes that not many others have or can get is not new. Jordans back in the day (late 80s early 90s) were priced way out of many peoples budgets and released on weekdays during school hours. So if you got a pair it was a big deal, and your classmates and friends noticed them. Only way for catholic/private school kids to distinguish themselves from the rest of the kids were their kicks. Not too long ago wht/wht AF1 were hugely popular because they only released once a year and having a crisp pair was a must. Now they are available all year round and not as popular as they were when Fat Joe was licking them. I see that as far as this thread goes there are many in here who are only worried about the value they place on their kicks and others who just like the fact that they have shoes that not many others have. The latter is more normal in the sneaker community. Exclusivity matters in sneakers however you look at it.

It's different

In the early Jordan's weren't even thought of with prestige like that. They were another sneaker. Nobody knew how to react to them. There were other sneakers that cost more than Jordan's. For example Adidas Forum's cost $100.

Exclusivity today is buying sneakers that everyone else has, but other people want. If you go to a sneaker con now you are seeing a bunch of Yeezy's and Off White.

Exclusivity in the past was buying anything you wanted that you liked. If you had a sneaker con ten years ago you would have seen sneakers 10-20 years old. Hardly anyone would have the same sneaker. That's what made you a sneaker head

Now you can buy your way in to being a sneaker head. Just buy some Yeezy's, Travis Scott and Off White and you're a sneakerhead. You don't have to know any history. You don't have to have anything older than two years. You just have to have "heat".

It's different

In the early Jordan's weren't even thought of with prestige like that. They were another sneaker. Nobody knew how to react to them. There were other sneakers that cost more than Jordan's. For example Adidas Forum's cost $100.

Exclusivity today is buying sneakers that everyone else has, but other people want. If you go to a sneaker con now you are seeing a bunch of Yeezy's and Off White.

Exclusivity in the past was buying anything you wanted that you liked. If you had a sneaker con ten years ago you would have seen sneakers 10-20 years old. Hardly anyone would have the same sneaker. That's what made you a sneaker head

Now you can buy your way in to being a sneaker head. Just buy some Yeezy's, Travis Scott and Off White and you're a sneakerhead. You don't have to know any history. You don't have to have anything older than two years. You just have to have "heat".

This has some much truth in it. 8-9 years ago, my hunt was for sneakers that were atleast 5 years old. One of the last shoes that I was hunting for was a pair of the Jordan 4 LS tour yellows back in 2010. I came up on a steak on eBay because the person selling them didn’t know what that had. Listed them as “jodan 4 taxi”. Scooped them up fo $170 shipped. Sneakers hasn’t been that exciting to me in a really long time

What are your thoughts on dudes who wait a year before rocking their kicks?
For example, I know some people will wait a year to rock retro Jordans before rocking them because everyone else is wearing their pair.
It's not the same as having an exclusive pair but the mentality of trying to stand out is the same.

Back
Top Bottom