Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Top 3 designs / iconic colorways:

Waverunner
Beluga v2
Turtle doves

My most worn (almost daily) pairs:
Pure slides
Waverunners (which I beat up and now wear Wash Oranges more often)
Static 700v2

I'm in logistics too and that makes sense. I guess they could write it off as a loss but I'm far from a tax expert. I will say that with all these Yeezy "restocks" that's often inventory that stores shipped back because it didn't sell fast enough. They store that stuff but like you said that changes if they can't or wont sell it. I'm interested in what they plan to do. They can't/shouldn't sell Yeezy branded products for a variety of legal and pubic perception/relations reasons. But they have it. They can't just destroy it for environmental reasons
I’m guessing that’s what the mitigation meetings between Adidas and Ye’s people is? Adidas probably wants the revenue for the Christmas/holiday Quarter but there is no realistic way that they can likely reach a settlement with Ye until then (I bet Ye is probably holding up the proceedings in discovery, based on his recent complaints against Adidas re: design theft, etc.). I guess the Hail Mary they plan on throwing is to sell him all the produced inventory but, if I were to bet, I think this issue extends well into 2023 and I could even see it potentially going to court.

I wouldn't wear Yeezys if you paid me.

Never thought they looked that great and there's a legitimate possibility that Kanye West is the antichrist.

I have a hard time even listening to his music anymore.

...even though Graduation is still a classic.

So basically from material sourcing, to manufacturing, and distribution and all other things considered Adidas is in $92 on a pair of 350s, and sells them for $230

$138 profit per pair, before everybody get their cut

Adidas invested a ton of money in expansions Yeezy production to the extent that they have. Im not surprised margins were that good.

I wouldn't wear Yeezys if you paid me.

Never thought they looked that great and there's a legitimate possibility that Kanye West is the antichrist.

I have a hard time even listening to his music anymore.

...even though Graduation is still a classic.
There’s over 15+ different silhouettes in the Yeezy line. If you couldn’t find a single one of them that was wearable, then it’s likely you didn’t even give them a chance to begin with

Why not just sell them at a discount? Or do one final drop given the situation?

I understand why they wouldn’t wanna help Ye in any way right now but they could just sell them under “Yeezy.com” or something and ship from their end while having it be “sold” by Ye and split profits under the table.

selling yeezys right now in this environment would be a bad look

That’s why I said they should do it through Ye by setting up some new website separate from adidas.

Although in real life, no one who actually knows what a pair of Yeezys looks like is gonna come approach you about this and now that it’s died down because of the Takeoff **** and Ye’s social media bans they likely could quietly just go back to dropping them until they get rid of all their stock. Someone would have to be constantly checking to heat the story back up about how they’re still selling Yeezys lol

But Ye so unpredictable I understand why they wouldn’t.

So basically from material sourcing, to manufacturing, and distribution and all other things considered Adidas is in $92 on a pair of 350s, and sells them for $230

$138 profit per pair, before everybody get their cut

The average profit to retailer such as Footlocker, Champs....is $20 per pair. It really puts things in perspective.
Why not just sell them at a discount? Or do one final drop given the situation?

I understand why they wouldn’t wanna help Ye in any way right now but they could just sell them under “Yeezy.com” or something and ship from their end while having it be “sold” by Ye and split profits under the table.

That makes zero sense. Adidas halted all payment to Ye. If they sell them the way you say, they would have to pay him 15% royalty per pair sold. Adidas does not want to do that. If that was the case, they could have off loaded them all before cutting him. The optics right now would be horrible for Adidas especially given their past Nazi involvement. Adidas would have to remove all Yeezy branding then sell them. With that said, without the Yeezy branding it wouldn't be the same. Adidas has tried to do this recently with Kobes without his branding. I don't know if it sold well or not. But no one is talking about it. And I doubt Adidas would sell it at discount. Most likely it would be sold for $10 to $20 more because of the manual labor involved to remove Yeezy branding like insoles, box, and I'm not sure about the stitching on the 350s; if that counts as being a "Yeezy" product. It would be a logistics nightmare.

The average profit to retailer such as Footlocker, Champs....is $20 per pair. It really puts things in perspective.

That makes zero sense. Adidas halted all payment to Ye. If they sell them the way you say, they would have to pay him 15% royalty per pair sold. Adidas does not want to do that. If that was the case, they could have off loaded them all before cutting him. The optics right now would be horrible for Adidas especially given their past Nazi involvement. Adidas would have to remove all Yeezy branding then sell them. With that said, without the Yeezy branding it wouldn't be the same. Adidas has tried to do this recently with Kobes without his branding. I don't know if it sold well or not. But no one is talking about it. And I doubt Adidas would sell it at discount. Most likely it would be sold for $10 to $20 more because of the manual labor involved to remove Yeezy branding like insoles, box, and I'm not sure about the stitching on the 350s; if that counts as being a "Yeezy" product. It would be a logistics nightmare.

Well it seems like they have three options :lol:

Take a $250 Million loss

Sell under “Yeezy.com” separated from Adidas (for public optics) and take the “L” of splitting profits with him off of HIS brand/name :lol:

Take the financial burden of removing all Yeezy branding and still may not be able to even give them away now that they’re just Adidas Boost 350’s/500’s/700’s/etc. :lol: Plus the “detractors” may still not be satisfied and still say they’re profiting off of designs from an anti semite.

I think the answer from the above choices is clear as day :lol:

If they don't want to take a loss on the entirety of the sitting stock they'd probably do well selling and publicly stating some percentage is being donated in some meaningful way. Obviously works better if they can at least get kanye to give an apology/statement or cooperate.

either that or grind em all up and make parleys out of em lol

Or, Ye could just use those trucks he got and pull up at his kids ball practice and start selling those shoes like a true hustler

Back
Top Bottom