Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
heard of a potential reebok collab with ye and steven smith deleted a story that had a reebok logo with donda design

Nike just has too much of a stranglehold on the r/sneakers lol. Everything on that front page is either nikes or jordans. It honestly doesn't matter who Adidas signs, it'll be hard to bring back the hype. Jenna Ortega, Bad Bunny, Beyonce, it don't matter. Futurecraft/4D hype down the drain, 1.0 UBs can't save em, and anything new that Adidas puts out likely going on disco.
Nike will always be number one, but I can't see Adidas losing number two any time soon. They're just too well entrenched in sports worldwide, especially soccer. They're still popular with non-sneakerhead civilians. And they do a good job of pushing another Originals model once whatever the current trendy model is becomes stale.

With that said, they probably are falling further behind Nike. I'm not saying that New Balance is ever going to become number two, but compared to Adidas their trajectory seems much more positive (being a private company we probably won't ever see numbers to confirm this though). NB is still very new to sponsorships and ambassadors compared to Nike and Adidas, but they've signed athletes and celebrities who will definitely help the brand. They've collaborated with the right designers. They have popular retros, popular new lifestyle shoes, popular runners, etc. They're firing on all cylinders tbh. Dunno how long it will last, though.

Ain't no one ever beating nike, not even close. Even when ye was around they were barely able to surpass jordan brand alone. The fact that people bought tom sach killshots and called it a sneaker of the year shows how much loyalty people have with the brand

I'm gonna defend the Tom Sachs GPS: it's a purposely boring silhouette with clever marketing, but I think it has more substance than just being a gimmick shoe. It's thoughtfully designed, comfortable, durable (love that you can resole it), and affordable. As a concept it's probably my sneaker of the years and I don't even own a pair lol.

heard of a potential reebok collab with ye and steven smith deleted a story that had a reebok logo with donda design
Reebok makes some sense for ye. Most other brands wouldn't go near him because of the current public perception of him, but Reebok would be looking to be making major moves after also leaving Adidas. It sounds like people at Reebok felt like they were held back by Adidas under Adidas ownership. They were basically forced to go from a sports company to a fitness company, etc..

I think they'll continue with a strong focus on fitness because it's been a success for them, but I imagine they want to do two things: get back into professional sports, and sign someone like ye who will produce popular contemporary products that will appeal to all genders. Right now they have celebs like Cardi B and Victoria Beckham, so I feel like Reebok currently has more appeal with women than men overall.

Last edited:
Nike will always be number one, but I can't see Adidas losing number two any time soon. They're just too well entrenched in sports worldwide, especially soccer. They're still popular with non-sneakerhead civilians. And they do a good job of pushing another Originals model once whatever the current trendy model is becomes stale.

With that said, they probably are falling further behind Nike. I'm not saying that New Balance is ever going to become number two, but compared to Adidas their trajectory seems much more positive (being a private company we probably won't ever see numbers to confirm this though). NB is still very new to sponsorships and ambassadors compared to Nike and Adidas, but they've signed athletes and celebrities who will definitely help the brand. They've collaborated with the right designers. They have popular retros, popular new lifestyle shoes, popular runners, etc. They're firing on all cylinders tbh. Dunno how long it will last, though.

I'm gonna defend the Tom Sachs GPS: it's a purposely boring silhouette with clever marketing, but I think it has more substance than just being a gimmick shoe. It's thoughtfully designed, comfortable, durable (love that you can resole it), and affordable. As a concept it's probably my sneaker of the years and I don't even own a pair lol.

Reebok makes some sense for ye. Most other brands wouldn't go near him because of the current public perception of him, but Reebok would be looking to be making major moves after also leaving Adidas. It sounds like people at Reebok felt like they were held back by Adidas under Adidas ownership. They were basically forced to go from a sports company to a fitness company, etc..

I think they'll continue with a strong focus on fitness because it's been a success for them, but I imagine they want to do two things: get back into professional sports, and sign someone like ye who will produce popular contemporary products that will appeal to all genders. Right now they have celebs like Cardi B and Victoria Beckham, so I feel like Reebok currently has more appeal with women than men overall.
yeah i don't see nike or adidas being replaced anytime soon. people think this signing was an answer to ye leaving, but they having been doing this for years. and nike is king of marketing. adidas shouhld takes notes with that

yeah i don't see nike or adidas being replaced anytime soon. people think this signing was an answer to ye leaving, but they having been doing this for years. and nike is king of marketing. adidas shouhld takes notes with that

Nike is so far ahead of Adidas that it's insulting to even put them in the same class. From my perspective New Balance is more relevant than Adidas without the Yeezy line.

I was traveling a few weeks ago and as a sneaker enthusiast I’m always atleast passively looking at people footwear. When I was at the air port I was absolutely blown away by the amount of Ultraboost and what I can only assume are recent/newer ultra boost models because I didn’t recognize them. Not nearly as many Yeezys but the crowd at the air port that day wasn’t particularly young so that probably has to do with that. Adidas wants that age 30+ hoka/on shoe market:lol:

I was traveling a few weeks ago and as a sneaker enthusiast I’m always atleast passively looking at people footwear. When I was at the air port I was absolutely blown away by the amount of Ultraboost and what I can only assume are recent/newer ultra boost models because I didn’t recognize them. Not nearly as many Yeezys but the crowd at the air port that day wasn’t particularly young so that probably has to do with that. Adidas wants that age 30+ hoka/on shoe market:lol:
LOL I prefer 4D but yeah I see a lot of 30+ year olds wearing Adidas boost, HOKAs, and New Balances.

I travel some as well and wherever I go I always see a lot of Yeezy slides and foam runners, not so much 350’s

Eric Liedtke (ex Adidas exec) speaks about Yeezy on the Complex Sneakers Podcast. If I heard right, it sounded like Ye block him and Wex from working with Virgil. I can only imagine what Virgil would've came up with at Adidas :emoji_open_mouth:

Eric Liedtke (ex Adidas exec) speaks about Yeezy on the Complex Sneakers Podcast. If I heard right, it sounded like Ye block him and Wex from working with Virgil. I can only imagine what Virgil would've came up with at Adidas :emoji_open_mouth:
I would imagine it would have been Nike blocking that tbh.

Nike is so far ahead of Adidas that it's insulting to even put them in the same class. From my perspective New Balance is more relevant than Adidas without the Yeezy line.
not even close. adidas dominates the soccer industry and boost sneakers and classics like sambas are everywhere. total revenue for nb is like less than 9 billion

LOL I prefer 4D but yeah I see a lot of 30+ year olds wearing Adidas boost, HOKAs, and New Balances.

i was actually super surprised to see it myself. but i also think it points to the fact that non sneaker head/non streatwear enthusiast folks are spending $150+ on their casual sneakers

Never forget
Screenshot_20221129-134618_Chrome (1).jpg

Screenshot_20230201-162026_Chrome.jpg

My theory is too many people bought boost shoes like me during the boost hype and now we are refusing to wear anything else while we have 10+ pairs in the cupboard that we need to wear first :lol:
I have quite a bit of consortium collab ub's, the typical hypebeast stuff. I feel dumb now that I had so many and it's not like I can sell em off either. Nobody buying boost like that anymore. I have a used pair of zx4000 that I bought for like 300 something brand new. They're maybe 8/10 condition and I doubt anyone would even pay 80 for it. Notable boost (non-yeezy) still in my collection are kith mids, sns x ss ub, kith copa ub, kinfolk ub. Also still wear my ub 1.0 og's and have another pair on ice with the nmd og worn once lol. And don't get me started on my yeezys that I've accumulated over the years, most still ds

Reactions: gir
Back
Top Bottom