Admit sports things you were wrong about (vol. FR3SH)

darthska

Staff member
Post things that you were wrong about. I put FR3SH's name in the title because I don't expect him to be in this thread at all.

- I remember telling people in the summer of '03 that LeBron would be a bust. I really thought that. So hard, too.
roll.gif
"I'm telling you guys, he's beasting on HIGH SCHOOLERS, man. Dudewill not be like this against grown men." I already thought he'd be a LeBust, LeBroom, and LeBrick long before LeGod even played an NBA minute.

Is he overhyped? Sure, but I say that only because people hype as the best ever. But is he good? AMAZINGLY good? Heck yeah.

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

- I definitely, DEFINITELY thought Leaf was the right choice, and that only an idiot would go with Peyton.

Yeah, I was spot on there.

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

- I did not think the Celtics would start off this hot. Barely a month ago, friends were asking me my opinion, and I'd proclaim, "I mean, they'llbe good, yeah. But just because you throw 3 stars together that have never played together doesn't mean they'll just learn each other overnight. Iexpect the Celtics to make the playoffs, definitely... but chill with all this 'top seed in the East' talk."

They are... BUSTING... HEADS. Yeah, they barely beat the Heat. And? It's still a win, and the Patriots + Celtics are still wondering how it feels to losethis season.

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

I know I'll think of some more later, but from the ones I can think of right now to start this thread, I'm saving my most embarrassing for last.

And I know a TON of people should be co-signing on this one, but y'all are too scared to. It's o.k. That's what this thread is for.

- I thought the decision to hand the 'Patriot QB' key to Brady and take it away from Bledsoe was a mistake. I remember feeling bad for Bledsoe thatseason. I remember thinking, "Man, I'd be hot if I were him! I'm a vet, and you're just going to plunk me for some dude drafted in the 109thround?!"

ohwell.gif
smh.gif

Alright, stop laughing at me and post your own errors in judgment.

*edit* I thought this thread might provide some laughs for us all, looking at the wrong opinions we've had. But something else that I see is already goingto be humorous for me is going to be all the people claiming to have never been wrong.
laugh.gif
Sure thing.
wink.gif
Hit up bodog or something with your bad self, then.

"Darko is gonna help us...7 footer with range?!"

"Jason Kidd is done. (Before 05-06 season)"

"Chris Webber is what the Pistons need to get to the Finals."

-Me

Ouch. This is a good topic though.

- I remember telling people in the summer of '03 that LeBron would be a bust. I really thought that. So hard, too. image"I'm telling you guys, he's beasting on HIGH SCHOOLERS, man. Dude will not be like this against grown men." I already thought he'd be a LeBust, LeBroom, and LeBrick long before LeGod even played an NBA minute.

Is he overhyped? Sure, but I say that only because people hype as the best ever. But is he good? AMAZINGLY good? Heck yeah.

i was saying the exact same thing.

-i thought we (texas a&m) were gonna be a force this year in college football.

i cant really think of anymore right now, but there have been quite a few.

-I thought the 49ers would easily win 9 games this year and make the playoffs.

-I thought Vince Young would be a poor man's Akili Smith in the NFL
laugh.gif

-I thought Mike Nolan had a brain.

Think of more later as well

I thought that the Yanks would win the ALCS in 04.

I also thought LeBron was gonna be good.

I thought Romo was a fluke.

I said the Vikings would win the NFC North this year because of how well I played with them in Madden and AD.

Those are just a few.

Post things that you were wrong about. I put FR3SH's name in the title because I don't expect him to be in this thread at all.
Just FR3SH? You're missing two main ones off the top of the head.
laugh.gif
I'm sure neither one of them will come into this thread.

Anyways, I'm not wrong too often. However...

I didn't think Chris Paul would become a factor in the NBA.
Romo = Fluke. I also didn't think Romo would rebound from last year like he has. He's a pretty good QB. He gets away with some crazy passes. At leasthe's a risk taker...
I was deeply angry when the Colts picked Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams. We all know how that turned out.

off the top of my head....

Thought Miles and Wagner = Championship

Thought Patrick Ramsey would be the next Farve.

Thought Kenny Watson would be the next Marshall Faulk.

Thought Dwight Howard would be a bust.

Thought the Brandon Lloyd trade was a steal.
indifferent.gif

i thought dorell wright was going to have a breakout year this season
smh

Thought Peter Warrick would be the best WR in the league.

Thinking FSU is gonna win the national championship every year.

I thought when the Braves got Mark Teixeira during the trade deadline last season we were going to win back the NL East and possibly go to the World Series. He did great, however, it wasn't enough for us to come back to the playoffs. But at least the trade made us possible contenders again for next season.

Thought Weis would be a great college coach and lead ND to numerous titles

Verdict is still out on this one, but thought Marshawn Lynch would be the offensive Rookie of the Year

Foolishly put the Saints and Broncos in the Superbowl.

Nobody can beat the Rockies right now in a 7 game series, they were swept.

Thought that trading Penny to Pheonix was the worst decision ever for the Magic.

Thought the Kings were better with Ron Artest.

Claimed Jake Plummer was the second coming of John Elway, also think that about Jay Cutler
grin.gif

For Fresh, Robert Meachem's height and weight.

The list goes on and on!

thought Michael Jordan would be "just another" player in 1984............ somewhat like Orlando Woolridge.......

thought Kwame Brown would be the most dominant player after Shaq.....thought under MJ's wing he'd be a superstar........

expected the 2004 Lakers to sweep the Finals
smh.gif
feel bad for Malone......

didn't expect Jordan to come back in 1995, especially not in 2001....

didn't think I'd ever see the following NBA players in another uniform: Ewing, Olajuwon, Jordan, Malone, Iverson, KG, VC, thought Shaq would retire aLaker, etc.......

didn't think Dennis Rodman would work well with Jordan and Pippen.......

thought Larry Brown would coach the Knicks to 50 wins in 05-06
laugh.gif
don't know what I was thinking......

expected the Lakers to win vs the Suns in 05-06 after the game 4 buzzer beater

never thought Kobe would score more than 55 points in a game....

expected the Mavs to win in the 2006 Finals......

(1998 NBA Draft Day)

"Tractor Traylor for some goofy looking 7-footer from overseas? Sounds decent enough."

thanks Bucks

-I thought Dante Culpepper would lead the Dolphins to a Super Bowl....
smh.gif

-I thought the Hurricanes would win the ACC this year....
smh.gif

-I thought the Raiders offense would kill the Buccaneers defense in Super Bowl XXXVII....
smh.gif

-I thought Len Bias was going to become the GOAT....
tired.gif
R.I.P.

I'm sure there are plenty but right now I can only think of a couple.

- Getting D-Gibs, Aldridge etc = the next Fab 5 and NCAA Championship. They didn't stay around long enough to make much of an impact.
- I too wasn't sold on LeBron, but the guy is good I can no longer complain
laugh.gif

I'll think of more later...

Great topic by the way
happy.gif

-49ers know what they're doing.

smh.gif

Well, I never completely believed in Smith was worthy of being a #1 pick but I at least thought he could lead a team to the playoffs. F the playoffs, dudecan't lead. Period.

Also, I was feeling the same way about the Celtics. I thought dudes were jumping the gun with that championship talk.

~Maurice will be one of the best backs ever from Ohio State~
~Who is this Jim Tressell guy?~
~the showtime sacramento kings (Jwill , Cwebb, Peja,Divac,etc) will win a championship~
~The Cincy Bengals will be a playoff contender~

Back
Top Bottom