Adobe pulls flash for mobile devices (link to article) vol. html5

About time. Loading flash based websites/apps on a phone is stupid slow in my experiences...

Why would you care and why do you use safari browser. Use Dolphin or Opera browser which has flash enabled and its wayy faster!

this is Apple trying to create a monopoly.
they are going to mess up and destroy themselves very soon.

Apple is evil. i swear to God.

P.s. be on the lookout for the next versions of photoshop created only for the ipad. lol

Can't wait!
pimp.gif

But so many obscure website still use flash.. You cut off the world around you by more than half when you can't use flash.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

P.s. be on the lookout for the next versions of photoshop created only for the ipad. lol

False. 
Apple only wants a monopoly on their native apps.

They want the web to be open.

Its stupid to have to use codecs or proprietary software to access internet content. HTML5 is a way of making it available and accessible to everyone.

If you notice, apple isn't even pushing Quicktime like that anymore. Having to install RealPlayer or SliverLight or FlashPlayer is a thing of the past. Its incredibly stupid when the web is supposed to be an open source playground. 

On top of that Flash just sucks and its not optimized and few upgrades make it more stable. Its a terrible resource hog as well. 

for someone who doesnt know a damn thing about this stuff can someone put this in simple terms?

Apple did it with the floppy, and they did it again with Flash, and they are about to do it with the disk drive.

<3 Apple
57678aba56ba1bc49c211de49c309151.jpg

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

But so many obscure website still use flash.. You cut off the world around you by more than half when you can't use flash.
Those websites will adapt to the new web standard or be left in the past.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by likethematrix

False. 
Apple only wants a monopoly on their native apps.

They want the web to be open.

Its stupid to have to use codecs or proprietary software to access internet content. HTML5 is a way of making it available and accessible to everyone.

On top of that Flash just sucks and its not optimized and few upgrades make it more stable. Its a terrible resource hog as well. 
They want people to use HTML5 because of its Canvas element, and guess who owns the patent to Canvas.... *cough* Apple *cough*

That's the REAL reason why Apple stopped supporting Flash.

They just replaced one proprietary element with another. They just happen to own this one. Very smart on Apple's part.

With all due respect DUB 253, you don't know $+$ you're talking about. Apple owned about 20% of Adobe when it was starting out, but Adobe decided to screw them later:

To make this work, the iMac needed to have great video editing software. So Jobs went to his old friends at Adobe, the digital graphics company, and asked them to make a new Mac version of Adobe Premiere, which was popular on Windows computers. Adobe’s executives stunned Jobs by flatly turning him down. The Macintosh, they said, had too few users to make it worthwhile. Jobs was furious and felt betrayed. “I put Adobe on the map, and they screwed me,

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Apple did it with the floppy, and they did it again with Flash, and they are about to do it with the disk drive.

<3 Apple
57678aba56ba1bc49c211de49c309151.jpg

This right here.
Its like we all know the only thing constant is change....Apple is the one company that practices it. Well google does as well, but you get the point. YES APPLE won, but dont sleep on the fact that Apple was just a front runner for HTML5 it isn't developed by Apple and it is far better than Flash.

Everyone sandboxes flash these days anyways.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

With all due respect DUB 253, you don't know $+$ you're talking about. Apple owned about 20% of Adobe when it was starting out, but Adobe decided to screw them later:

To make this work, the iMac needed to have great video editing software. So Jobs went to his old friends at Adobe, the digital graphics company, and asked them to make a new Mac version of Adobe Premiere, which was popular on Windows computers. Adobe’s executives stunned Jobs by flatly turning him down. The Macintosh, they said, had too few users to make it worthwhile. Jobs was furious and felt betrayed. “I put Adobe on the map, and they screwed me,

it's still buggy as hell on laptops/desktops tho'. and a resource hogg. 

*typed from macbook pro while taking break from reading steve jobs biography*

I didn't confirm anything you said.

You say Apple wanted to create a Monopoly calling it an evil company and that the real reason that they didn't use flash is to use their own software.

Apple reached out to Adobe but they were denied so why do you expect them to work with them in future endeavors? Apple created a solution using a protocol that is widely recognized as a better product.

Adobe killed Flash itself, plain and simple. Be mad at them. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Back
Top Bottom