ADOS

my thing with ados is the following:

-whats the end goal? are we uniting (as black ppl) here in America and living happily ever after here with our reparations? we're investing here? after we get ours what becomes of the system we had to beg to get reparations in the first place?

-are we only going after reparations from the u.s. govt? are we/have we not considered the fact that the Portuguese (among others) played a huge hand in the transatlantic slave trade and had a direct impact on many black American lives??

-so black ppl that qualify as ados get reparations from the u.s. govt and nobody cares about any other black person in the diaspora or on the continent?

-do we really have to **** on other black ppl in the diaspora and on the continent of Africa to get our point across about the wrongs of the American govt and the need for reparations? because a lot of ppl calling themselves ados (in the sense of the movement) come across a certain type of way...for example, Tariq nasheed has a vid of him clowing Mexicans and central americans and talking about tacos and building the wall high, etc.... ...why? where does that fit in with the unification and progression for black ppl?

-are all of us aware that many of our ppl were sold and resold and went from the u.s. to the Caribbean/central and south america and vice versa..???

There are people who share the same skin color who intentionally help uphold white supremacy for protection and benefits over others.
I think/feel that a lot of ppl pushing ados say stuff like that and I wonder where or how we got the narrative that the above is limited to black ppl outside of the u.s.?
I just really feel like its dangerous to self divide. i'd rather get my ppl and educate them then unify and take on our oppressor than to divide and beg.

we have an entire continent and ppl all over the world that speak all languages. why not utilize our resources to take back what is rightfully ours?

my thing with ados is the following:

-whats the end goal? are we uniting (as black ppl) here in America and living happily ever after here with our reparations? we're investing here? after we get ours what becomes of the system we had to beg to get reparations in the first place?

-are we only going after reparations from the u.s. govt? are we/have we not considered the fact that the Portuguese (among others) played a huge hand in the transatlantic slave trade and had a direct impact on many black American lives??

-so black ppl that qualify as ados get reparations from the u.s. govt and nobody cares about any other black person in the diaspora or on the continent?

-do we really have to **** on other black ppl in the diaspora and on the continent of Africa to get our point across about the wrongs of the American govt and the need for reparations? because a lot of ppl calling themselves ados (in the sense of the movement) come across a certain type of way...for example, Tariq nasheed has a vid of him clowing Mexicans and central americans and talking about tacos and building the wall high, etc.... ...why? where does that fit in with the unification and progression for black ppl?

-are all of us aware that many of our ppl were sold and resold and went from the u.s. to the Caribbean/central and south america and vice versa..???

I think/feel that a lot of ppl pushing ados say stuff like that and I wonder where or how we got the narrative that the above is limited to black ppl outside of the u.s.?
I just really feel like its dangerous to self divide. i'd rather get my ppl and educate them then unify and take on our oppressor than to divide and beg.

we have an entire continent and ppl all over the world that speak all languages. why not utilize our resources to take back what is rightfully ours?

To me its never been an end goal its about awareness..PERIOD!
My actual goals can only be accomplished by me and my immediate spiritual tribe.

We can all coexist peacefully just stay out of ADOS's way and fight your own battles and quit riding on the coattails of our ancestors struggles in this country for immigration and financial/educational benefits.
No other black folks were migrating to the US until ADOS's fought with blood sweat and tears to even make it safe to do so.
Our ancestor's endured the cruelty and lynchings so others could come to AmeriKKKa kissing white *** and turning their noses up at ADOS.

Two things for me personally...
Stay outta the way of ADOS
Respect our stances on immigration laws and who we as ADOS want to vote for when it comes to benefiting US first, even if its for someone of the Republican Party.

This isn't just toward other migrant black folks it goes for Native Americans ,Hispanics and Middle Easterners also. We don't all have to hold hands..especially when there is no real genuine foundation to hold hands on.
We have been fighting with our backs against the wall, it's nothing new for ADOS.

There is also a divide within ADOS....we just haven't made it to that point.
Black Unity is only a naive dream.
This will always be about survival and spiritual warfare.

ADOS is only a step in the process ....
All the other naive stuff is outta the window for me...
This is no longer about race.

Last edited:
and I just don't agree with the system in general.
I don't want to ask anymore.
I don't believe in the idea that our vote counts.
I don't believe in these politicians.
etc.

and I don't know why more black ppl don't feel that way tbh.

This is why I stay outta this thread. I will always respect African-Americans even though I am a African-Jamaican.

We have woke strong black people in America, Jamaica, Brazil, Nigeria, South Africa, wherever

We also have raccoon, sambo, sellout, white supremacy loving black people in America, Jamaica, Brazil, Nigeria, South Africa, wherever.

There are specific agendas that pertain to ADOS such as reparations in America, etc. However, Im not here for the "oh these black immigrants dont like us black American" arguments. Its counterproductive and stupid.

Im out, you can find me in the Black Culture Discussion or Dr. Umar Thread. Peace

I wish:
-we could unify the diaspora.
-get on the same page with the continent.
-do business and set up partnerships between the diaspora and the continent
-become a force and take whats ours.

I feel like black ppl should be wherever we want to be because all this **** is ours anyway but our base/true home is in Africa.

with the above a given the other thing I want is a decision by the diaspora on where it is we want to be. our own nation? in various colonized nations? in Africa? what are we doing?

if even just one of us isn't free or hasn't received reparations than we are not whole IMHO.
receiving reparations from one govt doesn't make US whole. not even black ppl within the u.s. that are ados.

I want whats ours for us even if its not in my lifetime. period.
I believe in our ppl regardless of circumstances.
I don't believe in continuing the division set forth by our oppressors.

lastly, i'm not about letting the arab slave trade go either.

We are not the same just because our skin looks alike.
The US justice system and its first line of defense (law enforcement) doesn't care that your name is Diallo or Jamaal; we all look Black to them, and we get put in the same prejudice basket. That's the perspective I'm looking from because that is the perspective that matters the most when it comes to how suspects are prejudged and judged.

So I'm gonna have an issue with trying to co-opt an injustice perpetrated against a Black non-american to accuse other non-american blacks for animosity towards black Americans, because as far as I'm concerned, the ADOS movement has been very vocal about dismissing Caribbean blacks too.

"The US justice system and its first line of defense (law enforcement) doesn't care that your name is Diallo or Jamaal"

See that right there.

I’m not basing my statements off of what Law Enforcement cares about.

There is diversity and uniqueness amongst black people on all levels from culture to language to history itself.

We are not a monolithic group of people - and our diversity should be celebrated.

St Lucia is over 90% black and over 90% Catholic.

WTF do they know about white cops in America?

A St. Lucian isn’t going to have the same cultural experiences as me, a black man in America...likewise I won’t have the same cultural experience as them.

These are just facts.

There is a reason even Marcus Garvey fell into the BS when he thought it was cool to rock with the KKK.

If he was from here he would have known better.

He was unaware of the impact - even though he shared the same sentinments as the KKK...yall want us out and we want to be out...but he never understood what someone born and raised here knows. You can NEVER mess with the KKK and be cool after that.

Same with these cop forgiving / hugging family members. They have NO idea what we see from our perspective. They hugging / forgiving one person but we see them hugging / forgiving an entire system!

You aint never seen an Black American father / mother / brother hug the cop that murdered their son / brother - all talking about forgiveness 10 seconds after a 5 year verdict is read.

Cultural experience matters!!!!

I went to St Lucia once and saw a completely different culture that I respected and admired.

Not sure why so many people have a problem with that.

BTW - didn’t see one white cop either.

To say that all Black people are the same because "racist white folks treat us all bad" is a bridge too far for me.

Im not going to base my knowledge of self or my understanding of humanity on what racist white folks think.

Thats weird AF to me.

Some folks be giving wypepo WAY too much power.

Last edited:
My actual goals can only be accomplished by me and my immediate spiritual tribe.

This....right here. Anyone remotely connected to Jesus, and any of the abrahamic faiths? Nope.

Bravo.

its confusing to me to separate one part of the diaspora from the other and then to separate ANY part of the diaspora from the continent we were taken from. and all of this is spiritual IMO. they robbed us of knowledge of ourselves and our religion(s) for a reason.

they have us looking down on voodoo (for example) as if its some "satanic" "witchcraft" type of thing yet used Christianity to justify the enslavement of Africans and they used manifest destiny to justify colonization and they continue to use Christianity to suppress and oppress. and many of us look down upon things that we originated because we were told to. we were conditioned to.

I just don't see how we don't see this.

we are descendants of west Africans. that's just what it is. ALL of us in the diaspora here due to slavery.

we are descendants of west Africans. that's just what it is. ALL of us in the diaspora here due to slavery.

Thats not completely true, some of us were here BEFORE slavery, there were jet black native Americans that traveled here from west Africa to north america and settle on the land (not colonize) that were here years before the Europeans came on their the first voyage. It was the second European voyage when they bought slaves from west Africa and enslaved some of the black natives here.

its confusing to me to separate one part of the diaspora from the other and then to separate ANY part of the diaspora from the continent we were taken from. and all of this is spiritual IMO. they robbed us of knowledge of ourselves and our religion(s) for a reason.

they have us looking down on voodoo (for example) as if its some "satanic" "witchcraft" type of thing yet used Christianity to justify the enslavement of Africans and they used manifest destiny to justify colonization and they continue to use Christianity to suppress and oppress. and many of us look down upon things that we originated because we were told to. we were conditioned to.

I just don't see how we don't see this.

The first fight is against racism and the effects of that system. The second fight will be against sexism. The sexism is what got us in trouble in the first place. The priestesses were ignored when they stated, with enough heads up time I might add, that this is what was going to go down. That is the true reason for the spiritual divide. Many do not want to admit to it, many do not want to acknowledge it. There is a reason that every successful movement that forces racism back a few steps are created by, and then fueled by Black women. The film of Harriet Tubman is about to be released. ...and I hope they do her justice.

harriet_one-sheet[1].jpg

Last edited:
There is diversity and uniqueness amongst black people on all levels from culture to language to history itself.

We are not a monolithic group of people - and our diversity should be celebrated.
they know this which is why they keep us shielded from the outside world. many of us think of ourselves as minorities and we are not.

many of us have no knowledge of ourselves and where we are on this planet and why.

if i'm being honest, ADOS is ran by ppl that are from areas that are diverse but that lack a lot of Caribbean immigrants and African immigrants in comparison to a city like nyc or Miami or whatever so it makes sense why they would feel the way they do about the ppl they talk down about. but there are those of us from places like nyc that regularly chill with, eat, have family from, are from, etc. all over the Caribbean and Africa. I could never **** on my ppl. my ppl are my ppl.

we are not a monolithic group but we are a group from one common continent and we were ripped from that continent and put over here. sold and resold.

you literally have ppl out there probably talking down on ppl from places they unknowingly have family in due to the transatlantic slave trade and that's just the ugly truth about it.

our differences shouldn't be used to push each other away. we need to play chess. we need to use our differences to our advantage and remember our common goal.

some of us want to divide out of indoctrination. every man for himself is a European concept IMO.

St Lucia is over 90% black and over 90% Catholic.

WTF do they know about white cops in America?
most of America doesn't even know about America and has never travelled throughout America let alone the rest of the world. what do any of us know about the Caribbean outside of what we're fed on tv or in music?

many of us claim Christianity as our religion and many of us in the northeast are catholic.
I don't see your point?

ignorance isn't unique to the Caribbean or Africa like I said before and white supremacy caused the ignorance that we have.

we went from global citizens to never leaving our regions in our countries.

they tell you where not to go and why yet when you go you see nothing but them. why is that?

A St. Lucian isn’t going to have the same cultural experiences as me, a black man in America...likewise I won’t have the same cultural experience as them.

These are just facts.
how many st lucians have you ever met in real life living in the u.s.? serious question.

how many black immigrants come over here and are equally ****ted on by ppl that look like them AND our counterparts?

you see jewish ppl dividing themselves or you see them unifying and running ****?
not that we need to look to someone else for what we need to do but I don't see how further dividing ourselves and continuing what was already done to us is the answer either.

**had to cut some of the response and post out because i'm leaving from work for the day but:

Same with these cop forgiving / hugging family members. They have NO idea what we see from our perspective. They hugging / forgiving one person but we see them hugging / forgiving an entire system!

You aint never seen an Black American father / mother / brother hug the cop that murdered their son / brother - all talking about forgiveness 10 seconds after a 5 year verdict is read.
again, all of that **** **** is not exclusive to outside of America. there are plenty of tap dancers stateside and we see it all the time. how many kumbaya stories do we have where ppl are praying for our oppressors minutes after a massacre or whatever? how many apologists have you come across on your tv screen?

I don't even need to get started on black ppl in positions of power within corporate America.

Thats not completely true, some of us were here BEFORE slavery, there were jet black native Americans that traveled here from west Africa to north america and settle on the land (not colonize) that were here years before the Europeans came on their the first voyage. It was the second European voyage when they bought slaves from west Africa and enslaved some of the black natives here.
read the whole sentence and put it into context. I know that black ppl travelled all over the world before the transatlantic slave trade. I said that in a previous post.
I was saying that all of us here DUE TO THE TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE are from west Africa.

Agreed 100%.

However, you are still missing the point that St Lucians don't live in St Lucia under US laws.

I don't live in the US under the laws of my country of origin.

So it doesn't matter what our differences are if US law enforcement decides to consider ALL folks with black skin more prone to mischief or violence and guilty until proven innocent.

It doesn't matter what our differences are if judges and juries apply harsher penalties to ALL black folks under US laws.

still want to remind everyone that the only reason we have these differences that we're referring to is because of the intentional mixing of tribes so that we could not unify and the breaking of black ppl before we were forced onto boats so that we wouldn't have the will to unify.

and we're going to use those differences to separate further from each other?

and that helps who???

ok now I have to go home...but i'll chime in here and there.

Clarence Thomas?

Ben Carson?

Candace Owens?

How many ADOS celebrities went ahead and kissed Donald Trump's *** in 2016/17?

How many heads of HBCUs went and took part in the charade photo ops the WH threw at them to make it seem like they matter?

How many ADOS folks participate in leadership conferences where the speakers are the very people who want to keep this nation White as bread?

Come on, now! Don't talk like these kinds of ADOS don't exist!

960460_082815-wpvi-george-w-bush-katrina-school-kids-img.jpg

and they're ados. not Caribbean immigrants. if you don't know the context of this pic google katrina kids bush.

Clarence Thomas?

Ben Carson?

Candace Owens?

How many ADOS celebrities went ahead and kissed Donald Trump's *** in 2016/17?

How many heads of HBCUs went and took part in the charade photo ops the WH threw at them to make it seem like they matter?

How many ADOS folks participate in leadership conferences where the speakers are the very people who want to keep this nation White as bread?

Come on, now! Don't talk like these kinds of ADOS don't exist!
You right! Each and every one of those mentioned are christian through and through.
THAT is THE problem. So what sugafree sugafree stated is quite on point.

Clarence Thomas?

Ben Carson?

Candace Owens?

None of which was in court hugging their family members murderer.

No need to move the goalposts.

The Jean family are immigrants from St. Lucia.

St. Lucia is 90% Black and 90% Catholic = impact on their culture.

I can see how they would hug Guyger from this perspective.

I've not seen that happen with a black descendant of slaves / POWs from the US.

The rest of what you said furthers my original point.

We are a diverse group of human beings - no different than any other group of human beings.

Not a single sex, race, or gender on Earth exists without fools.

Yet the fact remains I've seen no Black fools from the US hug their family members white racist law enforcement murderer in court.

We don't have that energy....for a real reason.

Last edited:
My second point related to the first is that we SHOULD have fools amongst us.

We are HUMAN BEINGS before we are anything.

Before we were Black we were of our native countries / lands / tribes.

There were no "black" or "white" humans at one time, but there were always fools.

As long as humans exist, foolish humans exist.

But they're in public justifying the abuse of Black people at the hands of police and saying that discrimination towards Black folks is a liberal hoax. Are they not ADOS family? Are they not figuratively hugging the oppressor through their support?

Yet the fact remains I've seen no Black fools from the US hug their family members white racist law enforcement murderer in court.

Religion has taught the oppressed to forgive quickly, sometimes for the sake of alleviating the fear of retribution, regardless of where oppression took place. So what you've said about Catholic St Lucians applies just as well to Baptist ADOS.

Clarence Thomas?

Ben Carson?

Candace Owens?

No need to move the goalposts.

The Jean family are immigrants from St. Lucia.

St. Lucia is 90% Black and 90% Catholic = impact on their culture.

I can see how they would hug Guyger from this perspective.

I've not seen that happen with a black descendant of slaves / POWs from the US.

The rest of what you said furthers my original point.

We are a diverse group of human beings - no different than any other group of human beings.

Not a single sex, race, or gender on Earth exists without fools.

We don't have that energy....for a real reason.

I am from St. Lucia, my entire family is from St. Lucia. They are all Catholic, my sister and I are really the only agnostic ones. Most of my friends are Catholic too. Most Lucian Catholics are not very religious, only a few are, the Jean family is. Most Lucians go to churched out of habit really.

Most St Lucia are pissed about the display too, many are cussin the kid out. And there is a minority that support then and some that agreed with the actions of the brother. It is not some universal approvement. Most Lucian families would swing on that devil instead of hug her.

My grace/forgiveness stuff can be found in the American Black community too. I remember reading backlash on NT when some did it for Dylan Roof. It is not some unique feature of Caribbean immigrants or St. Lucians.

And lets ignore the mother in this too, who has been calling out injustice and police corruption from the jump, and somehow use to actions of one 18 year old kid to make a hot take about an entire island.

And maybe you don't see more hugs because usually witness are not allowed to come near defendants. It is not like every African American every opted out of giving a hug and the Lucian opted in.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%.

However, you are still missing the point that St Lucians don't live in St Lucia under US laws.

I don't live in the US under the laws of my country of origin.

So it doesn't matter what our differences are if US law enforcement decides to consider ALL folks with black skin more prone to mischief or violence and guilty until proven innocent.

It doesn't matter what our differences are if judges and juries apply harsher penalties to ALL black folks under US laws.
What is weird about this is that people accept this argument when they talk about Botham Jean, but reject it when they talk about Brandt Jean.

So Botham is looked as just black when they speak about him. He is another example of an innocent black man getting killed in America by the hands of a cop. He is not spoken of a being killed because he is a immigrant from the Caribbean, but because he is black.

But his brother's ill advised actions however is the result of him being from the Caribbean. He is not included in the instances of ill-advised black grace or other buffoonery, toward undeserving white killers (and people).

So in their argument an black person from the Caribbean should not be looked as being no different that other black folk, and they should be looked at as a being uniquely different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom