Adrian Peterson Is Not The Best RB in Football Vol. This Season

Everyone is talking like AD should be the MVP (Peyton Manning) of the league this season, but hes not even the best RB in football THIS SEASON!

Deangelo Williams> Adrian Peterson

Before everyone goes into a frenzy...

Deangelo has 1,337 yds, 5.4 ypc, 20 total tds ZERO FUMBLES, back to back 4td games, team already clinched playoffberth.

I agree. At one point you would've been wrong but he has not been the best this year. I would say in the 2008 season:

DeAngelo Williams & Michael Turner > Adrian Peterson

I still think AP is the BEST, but he hasn't shown that he's the best this season.

Please, DeAngelo Williams also has a quarterback and wide receivers that make it hard to put 534564 in the box.

AP doesn't.

Stats lie.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Please, DeAngelo Williams also has a quarterback and wide receivers that make it hard to put 534564 in the box.

AP doesn't.

Stats lie.
But they matter...
laugh.gif

Jesus I actually had no idea Williams had those numbers....

What we have here is probably "better statistical season" as opposed to "better RB."

Very few coaches in the L would take Williams over AP if given the choice to have them on your team, we know that. And ya AP been dealin with 78 men in the boxhis whole career. Them fumbles though man!!

AP doesn't.

Stats lie.
Stats lie?
roll.gif
. So was Tom Brady not the best QB in the NFLlast season because he had great receivers and an even better o-line? What about Moss, was he not the best receiver because he had a great QB and a greato-line? You can do this for every great statistical season. 99% of the time in the NFL, to be considered THE BEST at a skill position for that season (moresooffensivly than defensively), you need to be on AT LEAST a pretty good team. Although there are a few exceptions I'm sure, your statement is cyclical.

first of all i dont care if you put the million man march in the box with that OLINE in Minny he should still do well! Dont give me no talk about Delhomme theguy is not having that good of a year. He laid an egg against the RAIDERS and the LIONS, but Deangelo has been rock solid all season.

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

If Carolina would've won last Sunday and clinched home field in the playoffs over the Giants, then DeAngelo is the MVP.

But since they lost I can't see him winning it even though he's in the top 3.
he isnt top 3 MVP material period. a good portion of those TD's were of the one yard variety.

So is Issac Bruce the second best wide receiver ever?
He has the 3rd most receiving yards and the 5th most receptions. He is not the second best receiver ever (that will prob go to TO or Randy whenit's all said and done) but you could certainly make a strong case for him being top 5. Let's take a look at Jerry Rice. Is he the best receiver ever?Or do his "stats lie" because he played with 2 of the 10 best QB's of all time and also on some niner teams with great defenses?

Originally Posted by ericberry14

If Carolina would've won last Sunday and clinched home field in the playoffs over the Giants, then DeAngelo is the MVP.

he isnt top 3 MVP material period. a good portion of those TD's were of the one yard variety.

He also has the most 40+ yard runs of any NFL RB this season, and 2nd most 20+ yard runs...
nerd.gif

That's terrible logic...football is the ultimate team sport and just because the Panthers didn't win your faulting DeAngelo?

He had 4 freaking TDs Sunday...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Deangelo's season has been Monstrous.

I don't care what initials u put behind it, but every week he puts up numbers and makes a spectacular run.

Ap is a much better player IMO dude runs like a friggin maniac! A fumbling maniac, but this is just a down year for him.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by ericberry14

He also has the most 40+ yard runs of any NFL RB this season, and 2nd most 20+ yard runs...
nerd.gif
I THINK i saw that he has the most 30+ yard td runs in a season EVER.

This season IMO:

DeAngelo Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Thomas Jones >>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Matt Forte >>>>>>> Adrian Peterson

Originally Posted by dland24

This season IMO:

DeAngelo Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Thomas Jones >>>>>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Matt Forte >>>>>>> Adrian Peterson
Agreed and i was gonna post the exact same thing, but then i thought every would have a #$%% attack!

deangelo shouldve been their #1 even last season, williams > foster. but now that hes getting the carries hes shining real bright. hes a bonafide studhalfback in the league, no doubt. hes had the best statistical season in terms of RBs.

I'd still take AP first if i were starting a team now..

lets be serious...i like deangelo but he aint even the mvp of his team. that person is CLEARLY steve smith

with that being said.

if you want to put anyone in front of AP it should be michael turner

this is one of the time's where you cant just look at stats.

whoa. someone said thomas jones > AP? BUGGING

dont get gassed off the stats people. AP is the vikings offense

Back
Top Bottom