Advice thinking about moving to Cali (bay area)

need some insight about hows life over there the whole transition process,colleges,workplaces, and lifestyle.. am originally from miami but i reside in orlando fl i been given an opportunity to live there so i just need some advice, dont wanna regret it not taking the chance

a homie moved out to florida from the bay about five or six years ago and he recently moved back. he likes the culture and people out here more than out there. even touched on how overall the economy is bad but there are places outside the bay that have it a lot worse than us.

he's black if that matters.

how old are u... it's expensive as hell here. not just sf. the whole peninsula, southbay, east bay. wages will also be higher tho than FL if that makes a difference.. probably won't. 

weather will be better. dont know what ur age is/what kinda stuff ur into. i love it here even tho its expensive as hell. 

am 23 hispanic if that matters i wont think ill be paying rent tho and ill be moving to san plabo if that matters...

You might wanna visit first before making such a big commitment.

I personally fell in love with the bay area about 3 years ago and thinking about making the move up from Los Angeles.

Bay area works as an actual community... Kind of hard to explain but coming form LA where everyone is out for themselves it's such a different vibe.

As far a rent it is expensive as someone mentioned already so you may want to research that aspect heavily to see what you're comfortable paying.

Just noticed that you said you won't be paying rent so scratch that.. Lol.

Last edited:
I'd also say visit first just to check the vibe of the place, if you can.

I went there for the first time like a month ago and loved it. The streets, people, weather, lots to do.

Also thinking bout moving down there in a couple years.

well i have experience working in the hospitality industry even tho wages are like 8.50 hr and most you can get 10hr for working without a degree. Planning on going to school for RN or hospitality management. All there is to do here in orlando is pretty much go clubbing, the theme parks disneyworld,universal,etc, beaches and pretty much miami and tampa is really close and thats it.

Last edited:
well i have experience working in the hospitality industry even tho wages are like 8.50 hr and most you can get 10hr for working without a degree. Planning on going to school for RN or hospitality management. All there is to do here in orlando is pretty much go clubbing, the theme parks disneyworld,universal,etc, beaches and pretty much miami and tampa is really close and thats it.
10$/hr is like minimum wage in SF now. for working at mcdonalds. 
RN's will make $$$ everywhere, i've seen billboards in palo alto offering 4k signing bonuses for RNs. 
I'd also say visit first just to check the vibe of the place, if you can.

I went there for the first time like a month ago and loved it. The streets, people, weather, lots to do.

Also thinking bout moving down there in a couple years.
u from sac originally and just visited the bay area? 
eek.gif

**** you 2012 join date *****! What the **** is quaint? You wannna talk **** online? PM me & choose the day you die.
dude lives in Emeryville telling ppl u live in 'north oakland' how dangerous are the side shows in bay street outside the Banana Republic "rogue"? u get hyphy at that lovely barnes n nobles after u grab your organic delicacies at trader joe's?

I'm not sure how it is there in Florida, but getting into RN programs here in the Bay (Cali in general, as a matter of fact) is way too competitive. If you can, get a degree for nursing out there and then look for a job in the Bay Area.

definitely visit for a few days, and hell, you should do an entire trip of cali, north and south. so many beautiful places.

Back
Top Bottom