Aflac Job as An Account Executive

I just got a job as an account executive at Aflac.  Anybody work there or have any stories?  because from what i am reading online, Aflac is somewhat of a scam.... can anyone shed some light on this.  thanks

I just got a job as an account executive at Aflac.  Anybody work there or have any stories?  because from what i am reading online, Aflac is somewhat of a scam.... can anyone shed some light on this.  thanks

Not really scam, it's just sales.

It sounds entirely better than it is and you'll be paid based off commission.

Do you have your insurance license?

Not really scam, it's just sales.

It sounds entirely better than it is and you'll be paid based off commission.

Do you have your insurance license?

no not yet.  trying to get it this week. 

but is it 100% commission? or is there a base salary?

and how long do you think it will take for me to make my first sale? 

Originally Posted by ipitomi

How is anyone supposed to know the answer to this?  Do you understand the sales sequence and how to sell?

How is anyone supposed to know the answer to this?  Do you understand the sales sequence and how to sell?

Found this testimonial from Yahoo! Answers..
Hi. I actually tried working for AFLAC. Let me start by saying that they are a great company with great products.

Yes, you do need to get your insurance license. You have to take a 52 hour course and then take state exam for the license. (california)

To me, it was a hard job to do. If you need money right now, it is kind of a tough job to get into. I thought it was hard because you do have to do cold calling or as they call it, corporate dropping. Meaning, you will be going business to business trying to get people to give you an appointment to go over the products. Sometimes you have to go back to the company 3 and 4 times before they even give you an appointment.

I couldn't do it. I hated going to business to business. You have to have a tough skin. Be ready for rejection and always be on your A game. You run into a lot of campany's that don't even offer health insurance to their employees.

If you can handle all of that, it is a great job. They offer shares of their stock after 12 months and they always have contests to keep your enthusiam up. There are great people to work with and a lot of training. But it is 100% commission. However, if they see that you are working hard, some of the people that have been there longer will take you on some appointments with them to sign up new business, but you are still going to have to do a lot of pounding the pavement.

I hope this was helpful.
They contacted a friend of mine but after they said it would cost $250 to get his license he didn't go any further.  It sounds like Vector.  Not a scam but you're a traveling salesmen whose income is solely dependent upon your productivity.  

Found this testimonial from Yahoo! Answers..
Hi. I actually tried working for AFLAC. Let me start by saying that they are a great company with great products.

Yes, you do need to get your insurance license. You have to take a 52 hour course and then take state exam for the license. (california)

To me, it was a hard job to do. If you need money right now, it is kind of a tough job to get into. I thought it was hard because you do have to do cold calling or as they call it, corporate dropping. Meaning, you will be going business to business trying to get people to give you an appointment to go over the products. Sometimes you have to go back to the company 3 and 4 times before they even give you an appointment.

I couldn't do it. I hated going to business to business. You have to have a tough skin. Be ready for rejection and always be on your A game. You run into a lot of campany's that don't even offer health insurance to their employees.

If you can handle all of that, it is a great job. They offer shares of their stock after 12 months and they always have contests to keep your enthusiam up. There are great people to work with and a lot of training. But it is 100% commission. However, if they see that you are working hard, some of the people that have been there longer will take you on some appointments with them to sign up new business, but you are still going to have to do a lot of pounding the pavement.

I hope this was helpful.
They contacted a friend of mine but after they said it would cost $250 to get his license he didn't go any further.  It sounds like Vector.  Not a scam but you're a traveling salesmen whose income is solely dependent upon your productivity.  

Typically 100% commission. I don't know what kind of matching Aflac does for it's sales reps in regards to potential buyers but you'll probably start out cold calling which blows.

How long it takes to make your first sale is 100% dependent on your abilities as a sales person and the volume of prospective buyers in your market.

Typically 100% commission. I don't know what kind of matching Aflac does for it's sales reps in regards to potential buyers but you'll probably start out cold calling which blows.

How long it takes to make your first sale is 100% dependent on your abilities as a sales person and the volume of prospective buyers in your market.

Worked for an insurance company a little over the summer. Took that long to realize it was not for me.

Worked for an insurance company a little over the summer. Took that long to realize it was not for me.

Wait, Aflac like the duck? The one that is always screaming "Aflac."

If so, I couldn't imagine them being a scam. They are a pretty notable company, after all.

Wait, Aflac like the duck? The one that is always screaming "Aflac."

If so, I couldn't imagine them being a scam. They are a pretty notable company, after all.

I'm licensed to sell insurance in maryland and I did for a few months. I don't recommend that you get an all commission job, because the economy isn't good enough for you to make great sales.

I'm licensed to sell insurance in maryland and I did for a few months. I don't recommend that you get an all commission job, because the economy isn't good enough for you to make great sales.

how much is the average commission off a business? like how much am I expected to make on average if i enroll a customer or business

how much is the average commission off a business? like how much am I expected to make on average if i enroll a customer or business

My family has aflacs supplemental insurance. Im not sure how much we pay (I think her job pays most of it) but it works out. The way it works is usually you pay upfront for your normal doctor bills like physicals and check ups then they will send you a check that is usually double what you paid after you send in your claim.

My family has aflacs supplemental insurance. Im not sure how much we pay (I think her job pays most of it) but it works out. The way it works is usually you pay upfront for your normal doctor bills like physicals and check ups then they will send you a check that is usually double what you paid after you send in your claim.

Did you go in for an interview? If not these seem like the type of questions that you should bring up then.

Did you go in for an interview? If not these seem like the type of questions that you should bring up then.

You didnt ask this stuff before you got the job????

Back
Top Bottom