After Listening TML, Recovery & Distant Relatives The BEST 2 Rappers Alive Are...

Originally Posted by nyk buc

ppl here dissin on em, yet he's always mentioned as one of the greats BY HIS PEERS. funny indeed.

and yet he often destroys whenever he is rapping alongside other greats

This. Jay Z put him in his top 5.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Gucci's Greatest Hits (pick ur top 15 Gucci songs
laugh.gif
) > Eminem's last 3 albums...

Em's first 3 albums > Gucci's family tree.

That's coo that his peers consider him up there, but there are MUCH more fans out there, than there are rappers, so @ the end of the day we're the ones that make the ultimate decision... How much time does ANOTHER rapper really invest in listenin to his fellow rappers music?? I doubt its on the level that fans do, most of the time these cats don't even know about new and up and coming cats who are makin music as good as there if NOT better unless they're somehow affiliated with them or somethin... A lot of these rappers AREN'T the hip hop heads they were growing up, so their opinions on their peers has to be takin with a grain of salt...

We don't agree with these guys views on a lot of !%+% in life, or in business, but we're all of a sudden suppose to bow in the presence of some rappers TOP 5... Why should their opinion on that be ANY more important then their opinions of various other topics??

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

That's coo that his peers consider him up there, but there are MUCH more fans out there, than there are rappers, so @ the end of the day we're the ones that make the ultimate decision... How much time does ANOTHER rapper really invest in listenin to his fellow rappers music?? I doubt its on the level that fans do, most of the time these cats don't even know about new and up and coming cats who are makin music as good as there if NOT better unless they're somehow affiliated with them or somethin... A lot of these rappers AREN'T the hip hop heads they were growing up, so their opinions on their peers has to be takin with a grain of salt...

We don't agree with these guys views on a lot of !%+% in life, or in business, but we're all of a sudden suppose to bow in the presence of some rappers TOP 5... Why should their opinion on that be ANY more important then their opinions of various other topics??
 Their views on life, business have nothing to do with anything. You can have different views on many things with another person, and still have the same favorite rapper.  But if your saying so and so is one of the greatest, and then who you like says who I like is the one the greatest, that should say something.  If Jay Z, one of the greatest as rapping, puts Eminem and 3000 in his top 5, I would think he knows what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

u think ull be able to listen to recovery in 10 years?

I haven't heard Recovery yet, but I can safely say that I'll be playing his last album Relapse much more than Blueprint 3.
wink.gif
I was really looking forward to Blueprint 3 but it BORED me to tears, one of the biggest album let downs in recent years...what was he thinking calling it blueprint 3.
grin.gif

Steadman thought Memphis Bleek & Amil had potential... Look @ all the GARBAGE rappers he signed with Def Jam, I don't know how trustworthy his ear for rappers truly is...

Anyone can rip off a politically correct Top 5...

BIG
Pac
Jay
Em

See how easy that was?? Was Rakim or Kane in his top 5?? Then dependin on where you are you can just throw Scarface in there... If Sway ask'd him his top 5 it would more than likely be different then if Mr Cee asked him, then it would be different if Funk Flex asked him... Respect amunst peers is cool and all, but if Rakim said Snoop was a better MC than him I don't think ANYones opinion on him would change... (unless they were arguing, with some type of agenda)...

Honestly, to me, Em is top 5 no matter what.
Even if many people consider him to be washed up,
i wont forget how crazy he was back in the early 00's.
We can't forget an elite rappers past work and what made that
rapper elite.

Em was controlling Hip-Hop from 00-02 and he put out 4 classics that
were amazing.
Dude was so different to the point where it kept grabbing my attention.
Homie was dissing ebery Pop artist and saying some crazy +@#% and he just didnt give a @%@%.
He did his thing and made a MARK on hip-hop that people wont forget.

I understand if you (Harlem) think hes washed up, but i think he can still rap.
Did he fall off, yes. But every rapper has.

Originally Posted by Star Scream

Honestly, to me, Em is top 5 no matter what.
Even if many people consider him to be washed up,
i wont forget how crazy he was back in the early 00's.
We can't forget an elite rappers past work and what made that
rapper elite.

Em was controlling Hip-Hop from 00-02 and he put out 4 classics that
were amazing.
Dude was so different to the point where it kept grabbing my attention.
Homie was dissing ebery Pop artist and saying some crazy +@#% and he just didnt give a @%@%.
He did his thing and made a MARK on hip-hop that people wont forget.

I understand if you (Harlem) think hes washed up, but i think he can still rap.
Did he fall off, yes. But every rapper has.
stop. Please

Steadman thought Memphis Bleek & Amil had potential... Look @ all the GARBAGE rappers he signed with Def Jam, I don't know how trustworthy his ear for rappers truly is...
roll.gif
roll.gif
i gotta agree.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

roll.gif
roll.gif
i gotta agree.
Bleek was just his weed carrier and Amil was gonna blow but she was too much like Foxy Brown

How dare you compare Amil to Fox...

Fox was BAD
Amil was BUTTugly

Fox had a dope voice
Amil had an anoying voice

Fox paid her dues in the Lyricist Lounge
Amil came out of nowhere

Fox was a member of The Firm
Amil was a member of Major Coins

Em STANS seem to think he created hip hop...

Dude peaked 8 years ago... His music is NOT gettin any better...

I know you guys want to hold on to him cause there prolly won't be another white MC to have such an impact, but why can't yall just come to terms that he's WASHED up... Even he's able to admit his past few efforts have been warmed up GARBAGE, but his fans will swear up and down that the albums were SOLID...

Yall _______ people are CRAZY...

just got my 10 copies of recovery (car, house, one just to rip for my ipod, 1 for my dog (he loves em!), my little brother, one as a proof tribute, one for dre, one to keep in my portable cd player when i cant find my ipod, one to prank my black friends with, and the last one is staying sealed just in case of the glorious day where i ever get to meet em and have him sign it!

With TML, I didn't really have any expectations, half of the songs had already leaked before hand, and all of them were pretty GOOD...

I can't stop playing this "Unforgetable" ...  Definitely didn't expect him and Snow to have this type of chemistry. Pleasantly Surprised.

Em STANS seem to think he created hip hop...

Dude peaked 8 years ago... His music is NOT gettin any better...
How are you gonna say that about Em and try to act like that's not also applicable to Jay?

Jay is nowhere near the MC he was at his peak. You're in denial if you honestly say anything he's dropped in the last few years has been on par with his best. Grammy Family freestyle was what, 4 years ago? Give me that Jay. Em has shown he can still spit ferociously...it's just a matter of whether you wanna hear what he has to say (which to be quite honest, I lost interest in some time ago...but the same can be said about Jay)

Even in their current state, they're better than almost everyone else, but don't act like either are still at their peak.

On the "what have you done for me lately?" tip, Nas has EASILY outshined both of them with his last 2 efforts.

As for the question at hand:
Lupe & Nas are the two best rappers in the game.

But Steadman dropped AG (07), that's better than ANY Em album since ATLEAST 02...

So what are you talkin bout?? Steadman shows flashes of greatness pretty often, wheather it be his verse on LR in 05... Grammy Family Freestyle... Beach Chair... The Interlude... Party Life... Say Hello... Fallin... I Know... ESOM... Venus vs Mars... Already Home... Young Forever...

And overall BP3 is better than the last 3 Em albums...

As far as Lupe, he's top 10 active, but his album was supposed to drop ages ago... His last joint was in what late 07... Not sure if its his work ethic or label politics, but his work output isn't on the level to put him in the top REGARDLESS of skill level, you can be the BEST ball player, but if you aint out on the floor gettin it in, what good is it?? He had a mixtape that was SOLID, but in 4 years he's gotta put in more work, especially when its cats that was rappin 10-15 years ago that are still goin strong, droppin somethin every 12-16 months...

Just as I said, from 05-NOW... No way in the world Em is TOP 5 (not even top
glasses.gif
... He's dropped 2 garbage albums since then... And in 04 he had another snoozer...

So what you sayin??

Back
Top Bottom