AIR BAKIN 2014 RETRO

View media item 690799 Nike Sportswear is reaching back into the basketball vault, preparing a Nike Air Bakin retro for early-2014.

The popular hoops model, once favored by the likes of Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, will return in a number of colorways, three previewed here today, including the OG black/red-yellow edition and a new pair that goes heavy on the patent and silver foil-style leather.

At the moment, details are still developing, but it sounds like you can look for the Air Bakin Retro on shelves in March 2014.View media item 690802View media item 690805View media item 690809

Last edited:
Don't wantem if they releasing those colorways. I know they retroed not that long ago, need to do tha tblue colorway.

Why they keep retroing stuff that just retroed 
mean.gif

Take down model was pretty cool too - the Air Scald. Yellow CW was dope.

I have a pair from the last retro that I wear to play ball sometimes. They sat like crazy last time. Never got around to grabbing a black/blue pair, but those are pretty nice.

These will sit.

As, thapointguy said, without the Allah controversy, they are just a middle of the road Nike basketball retro. Plenty of shoes with a bigger following than the Bakin have sat awaiting clearance.

cant believe they keep retroing shoes that they just retrod but cant give us a flightposite 3 or a proper flightposite 1 retro set.

I've been waiting on the FP3 too. This is a design change we just can't get around. I'm cool with this retro. Hopefully the blue/black pair comes back also.

Last edited:
the bakins are no doubt wack,i rarely wear my pair and have been tryin to get rid of them for years.always wanted the blue cw and had to settle for the reds and they have grown sour on me.

Take down model was pretty cool too - the Air Scald. Yellow CW was dope.
I've been waiting for a Scald retro, since we've seen the Bakin's retro twice already. But I might be a minority wanting to see these retro a 3rd time since they're one of my favorite shoes.

why? retro this shoe multiple times but yet keep some awesome classics stuck in the vault, that or pull something awesome out and ruin it with stupid new tech or different soles/midsoles. i dont understand

cant believe they keep retroing shoes that they just retrod but cant give us a flightposite 3 or a proper flightposite 1 retro set.

Honestly...as much as Niketalk loved the FP3...they would be a disaster at retail if they brought them back...

Not to mention, the retail would be ridiculous...I am guessing they would have to be minimum $250 to bring them back exactly the same way...

The shoe was a retail dud the first time, a retro, at $250 doesn't stand a chance...

JM

FP3s only did well in areas that were already posite-friendly back then (NYC, DMV, etc...) so they tanked but I'm curious how they would do now. FP2s kinda tanked on the retro but these really have a look of their own.

Air Bakins... Didn't they just retro these for the second time like a year ago? I really can't make sense of how they make their choices.

Honestly...as much as Niketalk loved the FP3...they would be a disaster at retail if they brought them back...

Not to mention, the retail would be ridiculous...I am guessing they would have to be minimum $250 to bring them back exactly the same way...

The shoe was a retail dud the first time, a retro, at $250 doesn't stand a chance...

JM

Gentry: "Challenge Accepted" :smokin

Pretty sure I grabbed the last retro for like $30 at Ross.  Pretty sure these will be available there again for the same price.  

HOW DO THEY JUSTIFY A NEED TO RERETRO THESE.. I STILL HAVE MY PAIR FROM THE LAST RETRO IN LIKE 05/06 :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom