Air Force 180 High (No Pump) Retro (With Official Pics)

Just wanted to drop these, courtesy of my lil bro.  Those of you who have followed my past posts know what shop this info comes courtesy of.  Sorry about the tiny-ness of the pics, it's all I could get for now.  Chat amongst yourselves.

Peace,
  J

11kwpic.jpg

vrrn0j.jpg

So close....so freaking close

If Nike can't do the pump I get i (perhaps due to patents or legal reasons)t, still sucks though. A true retro could be treated like the Air Mags almost

If no pump means a lower price point, then I can swallow that pill. 
Love the look of early 90s Air Forces 

Is it taboo to think that it would just look a tons better if they had just made it a mid and called it a day..
4b9251c4137884d013d3ec9d9b596fa5b096e02_r.jpg

Now it looks like some sort of generic sneaker with the upper ankle padding all jacked up. Do it right, or not at all.. I guess they couldn't justify having a pump look a like with no internal air chamber. So they avoid that controversy and do a half *%&$& approach.

Dam if they aren't going to put the pumps at least add that inch to the back part of your heel, oh well I'll end up scooping these either way.
eyes.gif

Yea, there is no excuse for them, not putting the back part on them. But oh well, we've been waiting way too freakin long for the retro. I hope the neons release...

Cheap takedown that I'm sure won't be cheap. It's bad that Nike needs to turn to retros because so few new designs have the character that older ones had yet they consistently butcher them.

I'll say this about them, I'm disappointed they aren't a full-on faithful reproduction, but I like what they did with them, I LOVE the fact that they got the splattered fade correct, and I'm pumped that we're finally getting a legit "Phoenix" Barkley colorway (even though he didn't wear the highs). I like the early pics, and can't wait to see the real things (possibly in the next few weeks).Wally, that wouldn't be a bad look at all, but probably a little too similar to the true 180 mids.Peace,J

These look more like a Flight hybrid than an actual 180 retro. At least from the new pics.

Reebok owns the pump patent and has proved this in the court system in the 90s vs LA Gear and Nike..... There is no legal way for Nike to produce a pump system and they probably wouldnt of done it anyways as the cost of engineering and manufacturing it again would be prohibitive given that these wont be big sellers....That being said Im still looking forward to them but there was no reason to change the shape of the shoe so much on the collar.....Let the true fans of them have the same shape at least.....

I don't think it has anything to do with who has a patent or not..I think it's just Nike being lazy and cheap..I just don't see myself buying these knowing what they were supposed to be..

Also the tongue is wrong.....The Force logo should be much smaller and have a 180 logo above it instead of just a giant Force....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Im still looking forward to them but there was no reason to change the shape of the shoe so much on the collar.....Let the true fans of them have the same shape at least.....

Agreed.

True that we could have at the least got a full wrap around collar with extra padding where the pump is.

Back
Top Bottom