Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thing is, not every pair of Nike shoes puts the R on the tongue tab, after reading this thread I started going through all of my shoes and some have it, some don't. None of my SBs have it on the tongue, but most of the stuff that I have that came from Nike Sportswear does. It's weird that they aren't even consistent on the tags and it wasn't something I ever really paid attention to before. If the release did get completely scrapped and marked b-grade because of a tag issue, I'm going to say it's most likely because the inside tag says Made in Taiwan and the actual production tag reads Made in China. That could get Nike into some trouble with the FTC over misrepresentation on the tag.

I have to say I'm excited about this release in a way I haven't been for shoes in a while. I've been in a lull on buying sneakers lately even though I still swing by shops to say hi and browse to make sure there isn't something that I've totally spaced out about.

Originally Posted by mints

Weird thing is, not every pair of Nike shoes puts the R on the tongue tab, after reading this thread I started going through all of my shoes and some have it, some don't. None of my SBs have it on the tongue, but most of the stuff that I have that came from Nike Sportswear does. It's weird that they aren't even consistent on the tags and it wasn't something I ever really paid attention to before. If the release did get completely scrapped and marked b-grade because of a tag issue, I'm going to say it's most likely because the inside tag says Made in Taiwan and the actual production tag reads Made in China. That could get Nike into some trouble with the FTC over misrepresentation on the tag.

I have to say I'm excited about this release in a way I haven't been for shoes in a while. I've been in a lull on buying sneakers lately even though I still swing by shops to say hi and browse to make sure there isn't something that I've totally spaced out about.
Shoe made in China...Tag made in Taiwan.

I've seen other products where they have different pieces made in different countries and label them as such. I don't see what the issue would be with the FTC.

The registered trademark information is on the inside of the tongue.

Originally Posted by Type X

The registered trademark information is on the inside of the tongue.

You down in AC yet pimp?

Well I'm officially out of luck with these, made my last calls around Ohio in hopes of a last sec. change...nada.
I'm not paying any crazy reseller prices and I don't have a close outlet to hit.

Well at least I'll get to sleep in a little extra since I already arranged to be late tomorrow lol.
Here's hoping a size 10 blesses me somehow

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Originally Posted by Tenorio88

Rv's??are u kidding me I didn't plan on going til maybe 4 or 5am but shiiiiit lol probably Canadians lol
I thought there were always RV around that area by walmart and stuff?
laugh.gif
 that would actually make a lot more sense.

what time are y'all headin there? I gotta come down from Smellingham...I mean Bellingham.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

Shoe made in China...Tag made in Taiwan.

I've seen other products where they have different pieces made in different countries and label them as such. I don't see what the issue would be with the FTC.

Misrepresentation of the product. Remember all that flack a few years back when companies got caught labeling stuff as Made in the USA when they were really making it in sweatshops throughout asia? There's still a movement to try and get places to get more specific with the tags and indicate where the materials were sourced and exactly where they were put together. I know that there's also labor movements trying to change the Made in the USA tags to make it illegal to put Made in the USA if it's made in Saipan; which is a US Commonwealth, but not subject to US labor laws.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

They only have 1 size 9 and it might not even hit the floor after the employee raffle. Yes, they're only raffling 5 pairs for employees, so at least they are trying to keep it fair.

All other sizes 8-10 pairs per size.
well that sure doesn't add up. sounds like something shifty might be goin on over there.

I don't think anything shady is going on.

From the way they are handling their employee purchase it seems like they really are trying to keep it fair and not let the employees buy them all out like they have in the past.

By the way the employee raffle happened already and my boy was one of the 5 to get his ticket pulled. He said that size 9 will be for sale to customers.
i'm just saying that if they only have one size 9 but almost ten of each other size then something seems off.
normally there are lower amounts of the smallest and largest sizes with the most pairs in the middle size ranges. these shoes come in an 8 & 8.5, so there would normally be more than one pair of sz 9 if there are multiple pairs of 8 & 8.5.
just odd to me, that's all.

Originally Posted by KingTrojan43

Originally Posted by optimusp517

I thought there were always RV around that area by walmart and stuff?
laugh.gif

what time are y'all headin there? I gotta come down from Smellingham...I mean Bellingham.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 i'm heading up from UW. I heard something about not being able to line up until 6am? Or can we not line up at all? 

i was just told no camping at the jersey gardens mall. I called and pressed the option to speak to security. Said that nobody can go on property until 7 am. store still opens at 10 though

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by KingTrojan43

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
 i'm heading up from UW. I heard something about not being able to line up until 6am? Or can we not line up at all? 

don't know...I'm gonna be there before then though for sure.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

What time is everyone heading out to their spots tomorrow? 
nerd.gif

Was planning on heading out around 7am to jersey gardens,but if the shipment is going to be delayed,may just hit up Woodbury.

Originally Posted by nobleone6969

i was just told no camping at the jersey gardens mall. I called and pressed the option to speak to security. Said that nobody can go on property until 7 am. store still opens at 10 though
it's going to really suck for the people that wait a couple hours tomorrow morning just to find out at 10am that their shipment never came in.

Please be reminded that there is absolutely NO BUYING, SELLING or TRADING ALLOWED outside our buy/sell forums.

**THE MOST COMMON RESPONSE I GET WHEN PEOPLE FIND OUT THEY'RE SUSPENDEDIS: "I THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY SINCE I WAS ONLY TRYING TO "HELP" OUTANOTHER MEMBER"....IT IS OKAY TO ASSIST SOMEONE, AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOTTURNING THIS INTO AN OPEN MARKET. PLEASE USE THE BUYING/SELLING FORUMS TO DO THAT.

**DO NOT ASK FOR "HOOKUPS"!! ADVERTISING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC PAIR OR SIZE BAITSALL THE WOULD-BE SELLERS TO ATTEMPT TO SELL THEIR ITEMS.

**DONOT ADVERTISE YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC PAIR OR SIZE AVAILABLE FOR SALE. THISINCLUDES ALL THE "HOOKUP FOR RETAIL OR LESS" POSTS AS WELL. IF ITINVOLVES A TRANSACTION TO TAKE PLACE, IT IS STILL CONSIDERED A SELLINGPOST! SOME WILL THINK THAT BY OFFERING TO "HOOK SOMEONE UP" THAT THEY'RE DOING THE COMMUNITY A HUGE FAVOR. HOWEVER, THIS ISN'T ALWAYS THE CASE. ONE PERSON'S BARGAIN IS ANOTHER PERSON'S RIP OFF. ADDITIONALLY, NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE OF THE OFFER, IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS OR SPAMMING.

**DONOT POST STOCKROOM PICTURES! (pictures of multiples pairs/sizes) THISOBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'SCOUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.

**DONOT OFFER TO PICK UP OR BUY ITEMS FROM LOCAL STORES TO "HELP OUT"ANOTHER MEMBER. IF YOU NEED TO GIVE SOMEONE THE NUMBER OR ADDRESS TOTHE STORE, DO THAT INSTEAD.

**NO LINKS TO LIVE AUCTIONS OR SELLING POSTS ARE ALLOWED!

**PLEASE DO NOT POST THAT YOU PM'D SOMEONE. THEY'LL GET IT.

ANDLASTLY, THE ONE LOOPHOLE WE'VE ALWAYS HAD ON NIKETALK IS THE USE OF SIGNATURES TO PROMOTE YOUR ITEMS.  DO NOT USE THE "LOOK AT MY SIG"REPLIES JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT. "SIG CHECKS" WITH ITEMS WANTED FOR BUYING/SELLING OR TRADING IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL ALSO BE BANNED ORSUSPENDED.

any news on the wrentham mass outlet? Employees are saying that they will not have them on time for tomorow. kind of rediculous and i dont know if i should believe or not

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

so i been talking with my outlet for a week and today they say there not getting them
im so sick of this, im about to just get on ebay and get raped
anyone know whats going on with these is Memphis TN?

THEY AREN'T TOUCHING DOWN IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE....

Just called woodbury commons... The girl i spoke with did not know anything about them and when I described it for her she said they dont have em

Originally Posted by nobleone6969

it's going to really suck for the people that wait a couple hours tomorrow morning just to find out at 10am that their shipment never came in.

COSIGN THIS!!.. They still did not receive their shipment

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

so i been talking with my outlet for a week and today they say there not getting them
im so sick of this, im about to just get on ebay and get raped
anyone know whats going on with these is Memphis TN?

THEY AREN'T TOUCHING DOWN IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

ive been told for almost 2 weeks that the outlet would have em!!!
SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom