Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

it's funny I'm as green as they come and the first thing I try to do is help out people on NT that I see helping others, Why? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little selfish in my motives I help so that i can recieve help when I need it the other reason...eff man I like helping people out call me crazy lol but it's funny though I read this forum a lot since before I joined and I see a lot of people shafting each other but I also see a small group of people helping each other out so it's those people I try to help because they seem to be consistent.

It's funny how everyone is trying to come up off these shoes...
laugh.gif
srry but you're not going to pay off your car or put that Bentley on layaway on these shoes it's just not going to happen, that little bit of money that you DO make will by no means equal the value of the connects that you would have made by helping out those who can be trusted to return the favor.

Simple sow a seed to reap a harvest, if you eat your seed you'll only get fed ONCE!...duh

& thats a home run

Originally Posted by ColdCity

it's funny I'm as green as they come and the first thing I try to do is help out people on NT that I see helping others, Why? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little selfish in my motives I help so that i can recieve help when I need it the other reason...eff man I like helping people out call me crazy lol but it's funny though I read this forum a lot since before I joined and I see a lot of people shafting each other but I also see a small group of people helping each other out so it's those people I try to help because they seem to be consistent.

laugh.gif
srry but you're not going to pay off your car or put that Bentley on layaway on these shoes it's just not going to happen, that little bit of money that you DO make will by no means equal the value of the connects that you would have made by helping out those who can be trusted to return the favor.

Simple sow a seed to reap a harvest, if you eat your seed you'll only get fed ONCE!...duh

& thats a home run
Exactly. I try to help out others but I won't charge rape prices. I mean if the shoe is sitting on shelves where I live I might charge retail gas and shipping. Thats it.

ever since HOH opened up in Chicago i have done over 200 hook ups easily! hoping someone would return the favor... less than a handful have helped me out... granted it's very rare that im not able to obtain what i want (hence releases like Tokyo V's and Aston Martin Pack that didn't release in my area... in Chicago) so i reached out to peeps that had access only to be denied, yet i would check their ebay account and sure enough they had my size up for sale 
roll.gif
 EVEN THOSE PEOPLE THAT I USED TO HOOK UP NO LONGER GET HELD DOWN... THEY APPEAR TO HAVE FALLEN OFF THE MAP WHEN NEW RELEASES DROP AND WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR THEM. I only hook up about 3 people now that keep it solid and give a crap about making so called big $ on reselling... even those 3 people are on a short leash now and will be cut if they don't come through pretty soon 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TFaulk20

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Smh @ no one speaking up. That type of +#%% don't fly in Orlando.
Or Philly...damn son...
The thing was is I dont think anyone really knew except for the first few people in line because the line wrapped around like two walls so no one could see anything. It just became apparent when the line started moving closer to the door and you saw all these people that were no where to be found at midnight the night before, but by that time it was too late. 
And to all the people talking about shoe palace, the place is a joke. They treat their employees terribly and all the management takes themselves way too seriously. 

When I first started working there I told my mom to come in on mothers day to pick out a pair of running shoes that I would buy for her. She picks them out and we go to the register and my manager rings them up, he says "Don't worry boss I even hooked you up with the employee discount". I look at the receipt and said no you forgot to apply it. My manager says, "No you see here, I gave you the employee discount, $5 off." I'm like how are you "hooking me up" with an employee discount when I work here?

Then they used to go on and on about how you need to sell more shoe cleaners blah, blah, blah, you are never going to move up in this company! I'm like I could care less I'm about to graduate from college, you think I care about a retail side job for extra cash. 

There is so much other shady stuff going on up there I can't even tell you, my manager would not even pay for new j's he would just write his name on the box, set the box to the side and rock them the whole week before they came out. He must have had 10 boxes stacked up when I quit that he never paid for. They used to try and sell shoes they got restocks of out the back for more than retail, the list goes on. 

I digress. 

But no, I do not and will not ever buy anything from shoe palace and I hope no one else in the bay does either. 
Ya i was behind them, it went from that one kid to 20 dudes wit him. It was messed up man, there was over 100 pairs and there werent that many ppl with their sizes. Some dude had to pay 50 over to trade his 12 for a size 13, so he can actually wear them. Honestly i hate that shoe palace manager hes full of it. There aint no respect for the line when those guys come around. Congrats to all who got their pair and much respect for not lletting those fools punk you out of your spot man. You were in the right.

Originally Posted by VinnyFitteds

I was wondering where all those bums came from..when I walked by the outlet at around 2 am -think I saw you guys out there. Decided not to head back until about 5:45 I had a room a Trump Plaza so all I had to do was cross the street. My girl waited in line with me so I was able to get my two pairs easily. That's me in the purp towards the back. I was a zombie that morning-never went to sleep just drank and gambled all night.

I remember you too.  I was like 5 people behind you.  Your girl is a down chick to be out there camping with you.  That's wassup homie!

^^^I gladly paid $275 for mine......I mean what the alternative??? Go to eBay??? FC??? I dunno man but maybe I been lucky with the ppl I been meeting here on NT. There are some good folks here on NT that hook it up but in saying that, a hook up is getting em for whatever you think is "fair". I think anything under $250 shipped is a STEAL!!! IMO  i paid $235 shipped fo rthe second pair that will be going to my buddy for the same price, no profit needed, I got a job that provides plenty

Shout out to the dudes who been keepin it real, if theres ever a way to help yall out best believe I gonna do whatever I can, you know who you are

Yo PTOne, did you manage to get a pair???

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Griff

Still surprised that the Bay Area got shown no love on these. 3 outlets who were all clueless (or pretended to be) about this release.

the shoe wasnt released at all outlets, hence why it was deemed "limited"......if these are going for 400+, why would anyone give em up for 300 or less? I mean you can get mad at resellers, sure why not, but a legitimate collector selling these at that far below MP is kind of foolish, even if he is hooking someone up, UNLESS HE MULTIPLE PAIRS, one for himselfa. At least in imo. And I agree 400+ is insane for a retro, but from what I've read these are quality. And regardless if they're quality or not, if people are willing to pay 400+ then thats how it is, don't be shocked if the pairs were limited and many people want them, it should be expected that a high resale will be in place, even if they are 2011 retros.
Was all this supposed to be for me? lol
Anyways...I know they were "limited" and supposedly only went to the outlets with higher sales. And if thats the case we should have gotten some here because according to a manager and a couple of employees I spoke with, the SL outlet is one of the top stores in Cali and the Gilroy store earns a lot as well. 4 stores in Socal got em and only 1 in Norcal. If that makes sense to u then so be it. I'm just saying...

Originally Posted by DRO3000

^^^I gladly paid $275 for mine......I mean what the alternative??? Go to eBay??? FC??? I dunno man but maybe I been lucky with the ppl I been meeting here on NT. There are some good folks here on NT that hook it up but in saying that, a hook up is getting em for whatever you think is "fair". I think anything under $250 shipped is a STEAL!!! IMO  i paid $235 shipped fo rthe second pair that will be going to my buddy for the same price, no profit needed, I got a job that provides plenty

Shout out to the dudes who been keepin it real, if theres ever a way to help yall out best believe I gonna do whatever I can, you know who you are

I just showed LOVE to an NTer... Pause. Just waiting for their response.
pimp.gif

I hope this brings me back GOOD KARMA when the BIN 3's drop... It prolly won't tho.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

The International market will keep these up in value just as we here in NA pushed the Tokyo V's to astronomical numbers.

Scooped up my pair today from San Marcos ...was nervous I wouldn't be able to cop cause of selling out.
There's some difference between my left and right shoe but whatever...I'm happy

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by ColdCity

laugh.gif

& thats a home run
Exactly. I try to help out others but I won't charge rape prices. I mean if the shoe is sitting on shelves where I live I might charge retail gas and shipping. Thats it.

QFT
9b436cb7123d9e7c6b703c1ef266c41d36a1ff21_r.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

I just showed LOVE to an NTer... Pause. Just waiting for their response.
pimp.gif

I hope this brings me back GOOD KARMA when the BIN 3's drop... It prolly won't tho.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Ha same here my dude, I just let my size 14s go for what I paid + shipping - I ain't holding my breath for karma as far as the BIN 3s go, I'm gonna have to get my hustle on.
laugh.gif

Though I'm sure it's unlikely at this point, I'm looking for a size 10.5-11 if anyone can help out. Please and thank you!

Hoping for a 14 to go for decent price keeping fingers crossed. Glad many got them and good. Luck to others still trying. Have a blessed day NT.

Unfortunately, I got nothin.

Called in numerous favors, everybody did what they could for me but came up short... mostly because of the very people I am trying to combat.
*Shouts to those who are puttin in work on my behalf

I guess my ability to grab "limited releases" stops short here.  Thanks, Nike, and so much for your presence in the Memphis, TN market.

Am I salty? Maybe a little. Is it the end of the world? Maybe for most, certainly not me. Would I even entertain the thought of paying in excess of $200 for these? You must be off your rocker.

I do think the awe factor of these is the slightly above average quality at such a seemingly low retail price (almost near the retro).  That's mostly what attracted me.  Ah, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom