Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

yeah I don't like pre-aging either but at least that dude is doing something better than the same old tired Union/Off-White/Travis customs hes been running into the ground lol

98C0D118-8F15-41E7-B6D7-9EE8FBF0417F.jpeg

Still waiting on my pair to show up. :smh: Ebay's authenticity guarantee program is actual garbage. Likely won't have these in hand for a couple weeks it seems.
Ya it doesn’t seem to speedy. I think they only have authenticators on the east coast so maybe expanding in that department might help.

Ya it doesn’t seem to speedy. I think they only have authenticators on the east coast so maybe expanding in that department might help.
That's exactly the case yeah. They are partnered with sneakercon NY only it seems and due to the amount of attention this new service has garnered they are completely overwhelmed. What makes it worse is that you can't message sellers you buy from that have shoes which qualify for the AG program, and once they reach the hub there's no one to contact there either. You just have to wait. Ebay should've properly prepared for a high volume in sneaker based transactions thanks to them advertising their service left and right online.

That's exactly the case yeah. They are partnered with sneakercon NY only it seems and due to the amount of attention this new service has garnered they are completely overwhelmed. What makes it worse is that you can't message sellers you buy from that have shoes which qualify for the AG program, and once they reach the hub there's no one to contact there either. You just have to wait. Ebay should've properly prepared for a high volume in sneaker based transactions thanks to them advertising their service left and right online.
It’s not that the program has garnered so much attention, they simply expanded it too quickly. It’s basically any new sneakers now. It used to be just Jordan’s and yeezys but now it’s all kinds of stuff. It’s not like people are actively seeking out this authentication service for a random air max for which fakes don’t even exist.
The messaging thing is shady af. You can’t message each other and there’s no customer service at eBay to talk to. The only thing they have going for them is that it’s free right now. No way in hell they’re going to compete with sx or goat in the long run if they end up charging similar premiums. Those platforms are not perfect but they’re quite seamless. eBay just seems like a mess right now, although there’s better deals to be had at the moment.

It’s not that the program has garnered so much attention, they simply expanded it too quickly. It’s basically any new sneakers now. It used to be just Jordan’s and yeezys but now it’s all kinds of stuff. It’s not like people are actively seeking out this authentication service for a random air max for which fakes don’t even exist.
The messaging thing is shady af. You can’t message each other and there’s no customer service at eBay to talk to. The only thing they have going for them is that it’s free right now. No way in hell they’re going to compete with sx or goat in the long run if they end up charging similar premiums. Those platforms are not perfect but they’re quite seamless. eBay just seems like a mess right now, although there’s better deals to be had at the moment.
Ah okay thanks for the correction. They were most certainly ill prepared and it sucks because back it when it was just Jordan's and Yeezys I had bought a pair of Fire Red 4s from the recent release, seller shipped em, reached NY in 3 days, authenticated in 1 business day and home with me in about 2 or so days. Now I've got my Neutral Greys that I've spent more on than any shoe ever, sitting in limbo. I just hope I get them at this point and that I don't get scammed by some scummy authenticator or something.

Ah okay thanks for the correction. They were most certainly ill prepared and it sucks because back it when it was just Jordan's and Yeezys I had bought a pair of Fire Red 4s from the recent release, seller shipped em, reached NY in 3 days, authenticated in 1 business day and home with me in about 2 or so days. Now I've got my Neutral Greys that I've spent more on than any shoe ever, sitting in limbo. I just hope I get them at this point and that I don't get scammed by some scummy authenticator or something.
You’ll get the shoes, it’s just taking forever right now. I sold a couple pairs recently and one was with the authenticator for 5 business days and the other one was with them for 6.

The backlog has got to be significant and seems redundant for many of the shoes sold. I recently bought some Cons ERX 260 on ebay for $100 and they actually authenticated them. I wouldn't mind so much except it's taken 4 weeeks, these shoes didn't even come with the box. Not very well planned or executed by ebay.

Last edited:
That’s the best you could come up with? I can see why you’re a hack educator. And iron your pants, you slob. :lol:

🍌 toe spotted.

Just because you couldn’t let things go, I’m coming back.
Round 3 .......FIGHT. I’m sitting out of these. Spoon sat out and chilled. The unnecessary banter towards him when he bowed out made this happen. I’m keepin it strictly to the shoes ....enjoy the kicks....and the scrapping. :lol:

BA93830D-8B21-4EF6-A9C3-81860FC8DA75.jpeg

55F6F14C-4118-4756-BF62-307426DA6D2E.jpeg

Toebox-gate is fake news.
After 8 hours of wear these look just fine. First 4-5 hours of wear KILLED my feet, (as others have noted) but they feel like a 1-1 fit now. The board lasting makes a world of difference and I can’t wait to rock them again.
Warning: Wide footers are gonna KILL their feet during the “break-in” period.
979075D1-CF1F-4CD8-AA26-8F6EA1271503.jpeg

I was worried that the smooth, semi glossy leather, would crease like the Couture 1s, but they’re creasing BEAUTIFULLY. Absolutely ZERO complaints. These really do “hit different”

BA93830D-8B21-4EF6-A9C3-81860FC8DA75.jpeg

55F6F14C-4118-4756-BF62-307426DA6D2E.jpeg

Toebox-gate is fake news.
After 8 hours of wear these look just fine. First 4-5 hours of wear KILLED my feet, (as others have noted) but they feel like a 1-1 fit now. The board lasting makes a world of difference and I can’t wait to rock them again.
Warning: Wide footers are gonna KILL their feet during the “break-in” period.
979075D1-CF1F-4CD8-AA26-8F6EA1271503.jpeg

I was worried that the smooth, semi glossy leather, would crease like the Couture 1s, but they’re creasing BEAUTIFULLY. Absolutely ZERO complaints. These really do “hit different”
Shoestradamus what size are these?

Back
Top Bottom