Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

I won't lie I've seen some aged customs that look alright, like those neutral greys up there, but overall it's a very dumb trend. Some shoes, 1s especially, age like fine wine if you actually wear em. Trying to force years of aging rather than letting it occur naturally is not only lame but it won't look as good as natural aging either. I've worn my 2016 Black Toes through rain, sleet, and snow for the last ~5 years now. I clean and take care of them but they're finally at the point where the midsole has oxidized to a cream yellow and I'm here for it. These baby's have been with me through all types of moments in my life and I feel like the aging of them shows that. Every crease and such tells a story. All these people chasing that "vintage", and "grungy" aesthetic by force aging their shoes are wack.
20210420_164510.jpg

GR nowadays aren't even GR's lol
Last Dance hype/nostalgia and resellers with no actual job made sure of that unfortunately. I remember back in 2019 I grabbed a pair of black infrareds off SNKRS over 30 minutes into launch cause my card was bugging. After that I casually slid over to FTL and grabbed a second pair off their site with ease. If that release had happened NOW, I'm certain I would have had to pay resell for a pair.

Some shoes, 1s especially, age like fine wine if you actually wear em. Trying to force years of aging rather than letting it occur naturally is not only lame but it won't look as good as natural aging either.

Exactly how I feel, there are some shoes I enjoy wearing heavily and watching them age :smokin

This weekend I saw a guy delivering pizza wearing the most worn out dirty a** trashed 2018 Concords you’ve ever seen in your life.. They were almost all black on top just completely ruined :rofl:

I understand the ppl wanting to age their sneakers naturally but it’s almost ridiculous to recommend “just wearing” your shoes to make them look like they’re 30 years old.
nobody even keeps their sneakers anymore for that amount of time. I’ve worn my chicagos through the grimiest situations, traveled the world in these and beat them up in Toronto snow and slush, here’s what they look like:

A993F566-8F08-49D2-8DD6-ABD5052690A7.jpeg

FC0D1476-03B0-47DA-8289-258E511DD5A8.jpeg

i probably wear my sneakers more than most people too. There’s a reason why ppl customize the 85 age onto a sneaker. It’s almost impossible to have it happen even after 6 years of constant wear and life.

Exactly how I feel, there are some shoes I enjoy wearing heavily and watching them age :smokin

This weekend I saw a guy delivering pizza wearing the most worn out dirty a** trashed 2018 Concords you’ve ever seen in your life.. They were almost all black on top just completely ruined :rofl:
Least he's getting his money's worth out of em. My pair is still sitting unlaced and DS next to my 2019 Playoffs |l

Back
Top Bottom