Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

Yup! If you look at banned 1s, or even high-end shoes such as balenciaga, the leather is soooo soft and easily creased. I have had several pairs of balenciagas and comparing them to Jordan's is like night and day
Hmmm alright it makes sense to me. I never knew that pre creases were actually good. I never owned a pair of Banned 1s so I wouldn't know.. Thanks for the fast responses! REPPED

Creases usually tell how good leather is. If they have precreases the leather is good

I will agree good leather creases, but doesn't most leather crease? I'm more in the boat that some employee tried on the shoes and the put them back. Creases shouldn't matter anyway, unless you are saving the shoe to look at. But yeah opening up something new and seeing some sort of wear on it is whack! Wear them and put in your own creases, you'll never know the difference. :D

I will agree good leather creases, but doesn't most leather crease? I'm more in the boat that some employee tried on the shoes and the put them back. Creases shouldn't matter anyway, unless you are saving the shoe to look at. But yeah opening up something new and seeing some sort of wear on it is whack! Wear them and put in your own creases, you'll never know the difference.
happy.gif
Well it's not wear on the shoes but just creases on the sides near the big end of the swoosh... I saw a picture of someone else getting a pair like this so I wanted to see if anyone else's pairs had creases like that.

Just wanted to say something about the quality of my pair - less than desirable!

There are glue issues in a least 4 spots, and they felt greasy straight out the box. There was also some damage to the midsole at the heel of one of my shoes.  It was as if someone had cut a little slice from the rubber right where it meets the heel of the shoe.  

The leather itself is pretty much the same as the Royals, but the build quality was inferior.

Yup! If you look at banned 1s, or even high-end shoes such as balenciaga, the leather is soooo soft and easily creased. I have had several pairs of balenciagas and comparing them to Jordan's is like night and day

cosign.

Besides the leather is soft so when u put em on the creases should smooth out. Adds to the character of the shoe tho imo

As far as glue issues and things like that Jordan has had them forever. I don't think the level of "pristine" you guys are looking for ever existed

Last edited:
wow, this dude brought up WIZARD!

haven't thought about that mag in mega years!

struck out on these for retail.

got a pair of the OG's, pristine, size 13, but i need a pair of this retro.

guess i gotta do some research and try to find them for as close to retail as possible...

Lucky bastard

U got on foot pics of those? the OGs look incredible

cosign.

Besides the leather is soft so when u put em on the creases should smooth out. Adds to the character of the shoe tho imo

As far as glue issues and things like that Jordan has had them forever. I don't think the level of "pristine" you guys are looking for ever existed
There are always those certain pairs out there that indeed do have that "pristine" condition. I'm just shocked that quality these days has really lowered... Never expected that to happen. I hadn't kept up with the Jordan community.

There are always those certain pairs out there that indeed do have that "pristine" condition. I'm just shocked that quality these days has really lowered... Never expected that to happen. I hadn't kept up with the Jordan community.
They know they can put out retros with terrible quality and they will still sell out. They give us worse quality and charge more. That's why they're making a killing.

People complain about J's quality. Of course they're expensive compared to other sneakers but they aren't fine Italian hand made dress shoes either.

I don't find these to be "terrible quality" and pre-creasing is something that's common on leather Dunks as well. This isn't anything new, nor is it a sign of bad quality.

We won't see OG branded 1's again after this year for a while. If the OG trend continues like with the rumored Air Jordan II's releasing next year with the OG box I wouldn't be surprised to see them anywhere from $400-$600
that sucks I want the 2s but they will probably call them the 87's and throw some "premium" average leather on them and charge $210
mean.gif
 I can see it now

Haha pristine condition? That's really rare for a JB shoe. People complain all the time about JB quality.
part of what got us to the quality they are at now with the supposed "less creasing" **** leather is "OG heads" complaining so much. now all the younger cats are trying to follow and do the same and now we are where we are.
grin.gif

If you ordered off SP after Saturday morning you should be getting shipment emails soon if you haven't already. My other 2 pairs should be here later this week or early next. Damn you NDC :frown:

starting to worry about eastbay, shipping label Still just been created. have they cancelled orders before like that?

Well it's not wear on the shoes but just creases on the sides near the big end of the swoosh... I saw a picture of someone else getting a pair like this so I wanted to see if anyone else's pairs had creases like that.

I hear your man. I feel like in the ankle area and in the toebox are the 2 main spots creasing would happen if someone slipped on the shoes to try them on. Just to give you an example, I've tried shoes on in-store and seen them crease at the ankle or nike check when slipping my foot in, and then needed a size smaller/bigger. So someone is going to wind up getting that "pre-creased pair" I tried on and didnt buy. Another example, an employee at the store wants to know if they TTS, tries on a pair, then buys a different 1.. Ive had some wierd creases going criss-cross on toeboxes, and other wierd leather imperfections on shoes, but an ankle crease or a toebox crease that resembles a wear, probably has been worn. Still a nice shoe though.

I hear your man. I feel like in the ankle area and in the toebox are the 2 main spots creasing would happen if someone slipped on the shoes to try them on. Just to give you an example, I've tried shoes on in-store and seen them crease at the ankle or nike check when slipping my foot in, and then needed a size smaller/bigger. So someone is going to wind up getting that "pre-creased pair" I tried on and didnt buy. Another example, an employee at the store wants to know if they TTS, tries on a pair, then buys a different 1.. Ive had some wierd creases going criss-cross on toeboxes, and other wierd leather imperfections on shoes, but an ankle crease or a toebox crease that resembles a wear, probably has been worn. Still a nice shoe though.
Thanks for the explanation.. Never really crossed my mind. I didn't think employees in store were actually crooked like that..

Back
Top Bottom