Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
Like someone said earlier, you just adapt. I'm an OG guy from years ago but I've had to adapt to the way things are now. If I can't get my size for a hyped release, you better believe I'm grabbing the next best thing to trade or flip to get my size. It wasn't that way in the past, but 1985 isn't walking through that door. If it is, it's old and grey with tattered J's. :lol:

No because I don't want to. I secure shoes to wear, not for money.

So if someone handed you an asset of any sort out of no where that you know you could liquidate, even if it doesn’t involve anything in your profession or or how you make a living, you wouldn’t liquidate it?

If you’re trying to say you are not a greedy person, then I guess I can respect that

Complaining about resellers when you take an L is like athletes complaining about referees when they take an L. Don’t be a sore loser.

Accept the results and move on to the next one.

Last edited:
So if someone handed you an asset of any sort out of no where that you know you could liquidate, even if it doesn’t involve anything in your profession or or how you make a living, you wouldn’t liquidate it?

If you’re trying to say you are not a greedy person, then I guess I can respect that

I'm staying on the sidelines of this discussion, but I feel the need to point out that "liquidate" means immediately selling/converting something of value for a currency at the going rate even if that rate isn't profitable or for actual market value...so the answer to your question is "no, not necessarily; except if you're broke, then yes."

Off topic
F1D4A1CF-D234-45B1-803E-8E5DDDD71247.jpeg

loved those scarface af1s since the beginning. Was finally able to find my size for a decent price a couple years ago....still on ice but ill wear em one day. Ill wear these scarface Js one day too lol (horrible nickname for AJs)

The funny thing about all this is the people complaining they can't get it for retail, cause a "reseller" bought them all, are resellers themselves lol. It all goes full circle in this shoe game. The person complaining he couldn't cop for retail and have to pay a reseller, is the same person who if he had a CHANCE to cop multiples would have done so himself to flip too. I've seen so many familiar NTers who come in one thread bash on a reseller, and they're in another thread talking about the " phone jig... I just copped 3!! Going to call back and see if they will allow me to cop again!". Man....like I said, all hypocrites. I can't get down with that. I myself, Buy Sell and Trade, I do it all. I can understand the gloating part though....naturally everyone hates the show off and cocky guy.
Not everyone resells as I've never resold one. When I have too many, I get with my friends who are teachers and give them to less fortunate students.
I've learned to move on when I miss. Very seldom have I felt the need to pay resale after a month of the release date.

Good luck in life to those passing up free money on the regular.

Best believe the next guy won’t, so you’re basically just putting money in his pocket. Might as well let him smash your girl while you’re at it.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I've never used stockX before and I'm really tempted to bite the bullet on these homages.

Is it pretty safe ? And how do they define deadstock ? It's hard to justify buying something without seeing pics

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I've never used stockX before and I'm really tempted to bite the bullet on these homages.

Is it pretty safe ? And how do they define deadstock ? It's hard to justify buying something without seeing pics

You’ll be fine, they make sure the shoes aren’t worn but they don’t really care if the box is s little beat up. With the flood of resellers posting on there I’d be shocked if you received a fake pair especially this soon after release.

You’ll be fine, they make sure the shoes aren’t worn but they don’t really care if the box is s little beat up. With the flood of resellers posting on there I’d be shocked if you received a fake pair especially this soon after release.

Thanks mate ... that's very reassuring. Seems like it's now or never whilst my size is still at a reasonable price

Bought around 6-7 pairs on stock x and sold about 5-6 pairs on there mostly to buy others that I have wanted. I really like stock x and goat. Goat is a little more strict on their authentication process but that doesn't mean you need to worry with stock x. I have bought ghost lebron's, kith LeBron's, bred toes, and a pair of ultra boosts on stock x and have never had a problem. Shoes were obviously deadstock and box, at least on the ones I have gotten, were always in good shape. I prefer paying a little more and using either stock x or goat just for the peace of mind of knowing they will be authentic deadstock pairs and not having to deal with some of the ebay bs.

I had a pair of OVO 8s that I ended up not liking so I sold them on Stock X (oh no I resold a pair of shoes!). I had tried the shoes on, loosened the laces, and walked around in the house a couple of times. I was concerned that Stock X wouldn’t take them because of them not being factory laced so I asked and this is how they define deadstock:

StockX defines a "Deadstock" pair of sneakers as unworn and complete with original box including box lid. This may or may not include additional accessories, laces, special packaging, etc. As with sneakers sold at retail, some pairs will pass "Deadstock" inspection despite being unlaced, tried on for fitment, and/or slight manufacturer flaws and imperfections that are uncontrollable. Be aware "Deadstock" sneakers can include signs of aging when it comes to older pairs, including slight yellowing and should be worn at your own risk. In addition, all "Deadstock" sneakers should include the original box, which may have encountered minimal damage from shipping, discoloration from storage and/or any normal wear and tear due to aging.

I have bought around 10 pairs of shoes off of Stock X over the past 2 years and with the exception of a pair of maroon 6s, I’ve been extremely satisfied. The maroon 6s were real but they had a lot of glue spots on them and the toe was kind of pointy. Every other pair has been good.

How about we just stop buying 1's? Never understood how, from a distance, a sneaker that could be mistaken for a Nike Dunk, became the most sought after of all Jordan models.

Take that question to the 1s thread and see what you hear. 1s were slept on for a min. 1s are classic they started it all. They are versatile when it comes to fashion. They are wearable longer than pairs that can separate and crack. Their the 1 pair of Jordan’s JB have actually gave better materials most consistently. They took the most hyped spot away from 11s so they must look great

I will say I started a Dunk collection after my first pair of remastered 1s
12D9B528-A73E-4540-B994-00CF43C3E3EA.jpeg

I’m not quite sure how to define “reseller”. I don’t consider myself to be a reseller but I have resold shoes. If I buy a pair and can’t return them to the store, I sell them on Stock X, GOAT, or eBay. I also sell used shoes if it becomes clear that I’m not going to wear them or need to make room or get $ for new shoes that I want more. I don’t know if this makes me a reseller. If so, I’m not very good at it because I have only turned a profi once off of a pair of shoes. If I could have I would have sold all of my shoes for a profit but it’s hard to do with used shoes.

Is selling shoes you don’t wear anymore and/or to get money for new shoes not part of “the culture”? I laughed when someone in this thread pretty much said that they give any shoes they don’t use anymore to chairty or friends. If you have the funds to do that, more power to you but to me it sounded just a tad self righteous. Then again a lot of the people in this thread sound self righteous like there is a rule book for what one should and shouldn’t do with shoes.

I do understand that it’s frustrating to strike out and then see a dude with 10 pairs that they will never wear. My response to that is to learn how to finesse the system and score shoes. That’s what the reseller did. Complaining online isn’t going to change anything so learn some tips for securing limited shoes and put in the work to get them.

I just realized I have 28 pairs of 1s which is more than any other model I own and there’s a reason for that

Back
Top Bottom