Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
I hear ya, that's probably the exact reason they went with a direct split...

still think it'd look better than the actual release tho

Yeah i agree, but then people would complain about the toecap and toebox being 1 color.

With a concept like this, there is no way to make 100% of the people happy. These are hated just like those Off White Jordan 1s are hated. Both fall more in the realm of being works of art rather than practical colorways.

Hype for this release has been established and these are going to fly on 5/19. Even for people who don’t like these, they’re going to go after them to trade for releases they missed out on. Not to mention the fact that people are hyping the leather quality to be even better than SBB is going to keep the prices high (at least on the numbered pairs)

Yeah i agree, but then people would complain about the toecap and toebox being 1 color.

With a concept like this, there is no way to make 100% of the people happy. These are hated just like those Off White Jordan 1s are hated. Both fall more in the realm of being works of art rather than practical colorways.

Hype for this release has been established and these are going to fly on 5/19. Even for people who don’t like these, they’re going to go after them to trade for releases they missed out on. Not to mention the fact that people are hyping the leather quality to be even better than SBB is going to keep the prices high (at least on the numbered pairs)

First part is def true and you may just be right about 5/19. NRG label means the wider release still will be pretty limited. There's no doubt people will be going after these on release day, I'm just curious to see whether the value will hold. I know how it makes me sound but that's the one reason I'm even paying attention. Don't get me wrong, I can see myself enjoying having these in hand - it's a unique release and I like the meaning behind it - but with almost zero wearability, I'm just torn about whether I should go after a pair literally only cos' I might regret not getting one later on...

First part is def true and you may just be right about 5/19. NRG label means the wider release still will be pretty limited. There's no doubt people will be going after these on release day, I'm just curious to see whether the value will hold. I know how it makes me sound but that's the one reason I'm even paying attention. Don't get me wrong, I can see myself enjoying having these in hand - it's a unique release and I like the meaning behind it - but with almost zero wearability, I'm just torn about whether I should go after a pair literally only cos' I might regret not getting one later on...

If my brother didn’t come through for my numbered pair, i doubt i would sweat these that much. I grew up in Chicago and watched the Bulls with MJ in his prime, so these have added significance to me.

I think with shoetubers hyping up the quality being better than unnumbered pairs will keep the prices up. I copped Bred Toes and didn’t think the leather quality was that extraordinary to justify such a high resell price.

I think these will be one of those shoes that people will grow to love over time, just like Off Whites. I can see them taking this same concept and eventually doing it with Breds/Royals, which may end up working together much better.

Have both in hand.
White leather is better on non numbered.
Bred side similar but give the edge to numbered.
Heel collar and the back quality is nicer on the numbered. IMHO, Jordan brand released the Chicago exclusive to sell the wider release. This colorway is for people who like wearing mismatch shoes. ‍♂️ Y’all got it.

Just unbelievable. I thank Jordan Brand for making this shoe. Thank you. It's numbered and the white leather is buttery as a churches biscuit, TRUST ME.

Attachments

• IMG_20180426_141806_093.jpg
    IMG_20180426_141806_093.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 44
Yeah the white leather on my pair is the same
Not as soft and has a slight crinkle to it if that makes any sense

AEE5E150-8070-4063-AD80-44169236716D.jpeg

My pair just came in, damn these are buttery! The red and black leather are super butter, the white leather feels slightly stiff but overall a A++ quality shoe.

My guess is that’s a numbered pair right? That white leather is significantly better on the non-numbered.

In my pic, numbered on the left, non on the right.

Attachments

• 68DC5091-7E77-4E90-AEF3-AC4A2CF847AE.jpeg
    68DC5091-7E77-4E90-AEF3-AC4A2CF847AE.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 74
My guess is that’s a numbered pair right? That white leather is significantly better on the non-numbered.

In my pic, numbered on the left, non on the right.

Yep you’re right, that’s a numbered pair that i have.

I’m still going to try for a non numbered pair when they drop

Back
Top Bottom